Selfish Love (Angela's Confession)

If Only (The Sequel to In The Club)


Dara ran out of the cafe.
When she was nearing her car she started walking slowly.
She can feel her whole body shaking and becoming weak.
She was about to open the car door when she felt a warm hand held her wrist.
When she turned to look who it belongs to, Seunghyun appeared from behind.
 
"Let's talk." He said with a gentle voice.
 
Dara didn't reply nor move.
 
Seunghyun looked down and noticed Dara was holding her car key on her other hand.
 
He took the key from her without saying a word.
 
He then led her to his car and when Dara was already inside, he called Jiyong for a favor.
 
 
"Don't worry Dara-ah," Jiyong said.
 
He was standing outside peeking at Dara who's inside Seunghyun's car.
 
"I'll drive your car home safely."
 
Dara waved before closing the car window.
 
Seunghyun drove off.
 
An awkward silence filled the car.
 
 
 
**********
 
 
At a private area in a restaurant...
 
Angela and her parents, together with his father's business partner, Mr. Jang, and his family were discussing about the plans for the wedding.
 
"So the date is fine." Mr. Jang said.
He turned to look at his wife sitting beside him. "Anything you'd like to add, yobo?"
 
Mrs. Jang shook her head and faced the Lee family across the table. "I'm already satisfied with the arrangements."
 
"I'm glad it's settled." Mr. Lee replied with a smile.
 
Angela sipped her orange juice as she listened to the elders talk about their wedding.
She was not in the mood and she couldn't hide that.
 
"Are you okay?" A man across her asked.
 
She just nods her head in reply.
 
"Aren't you nervous? The date they picked is three weeks from now." He asked his bride to be.
 
"Aniyo oppa," Angela gave him a faint smile. "I think the date is fine."
 
"Dongjun-sshi," Mr. Lee called the man's attention.
 
"Ye, Mr. Lee." Dongjun replied politely.
 
"Please take care of our Angela." He said smiling. "And call me aboji from now on."
 
"Ye, aboji." Dongjun shyly replied with a smile. "Don't worry; I'll take good care of Angela."
He glanced at Angela who showed no interest.
 
"Our Angela," Mrs. Lee suddenly said looking at Dongjun. “She can sometimes be a handful, but I'm sure she'll be a good wife to you."
 
Dongjun bowed to the elders. "I'll do my best to be the best husband as well."
 
ANGELA POV
 
I should be happy that our wedding is being planned very well. My parents and Dongjun's family are getting along well. It seems like I won't be having any problems with my in-laws because they adore me so much. This is something every woman could have wished for. But I feel I don't deserve all of these at all. Dongjun and his family have treated me well all this time. But I cheated on Dongjun. He knows about the incident with Youngbae but he forgave me and told me to forget about it. How can I forget when I love Youngbae so much? I still love him and Dongjun doesn't know that. I should follow Dongjun and forget about Youngbae. I already caused too much hurt to everyone. Especially to Youngbae and Dara.
 
End of ANGELA POV
 
"Angela, are you okay?" Dongjun asked with concern. "You look a little pale."
 
"Aniyo, oppa." Angela said, snapping back to reality.
 
The elders looked at her worriedly.
 
"Looks like our Angela is already tired." Mrs. Jang said. "I think we should end this so that she can go home and rest."
 
"I agree." Mr. Jang said smiling at Angela. "I don't want our daughter-in-law to get sick before the wedding day."
 
Dongjun and Angela's parents went ahead leaving the two alone to wait for Dongjun's car.
A car stopped in front of them.
A man got out of the car assisting a middle age woman.
They walked towards the restaurant's entrance.
 
"Oh, Angela-sshi?!" The man said when he saw them standing there.
 
"Seungri-sshi!" Angela's eyes widened.
 

**********
 
 At a coffee shop nearby...
 
"So how are you now, Angela-sshi?" Seungri asked.
 
Angela was looking outside the window; she slowly turned her gaze at Seungri.

"So far so good."
 
"Is the man I saw earlier your fiancé?" He asked curiously.
 
She nodded in reply.
 
"It seems like everything is doing well with you Angela-sshi."
 
"I want to say that it is, Seungri-sshi."

"But, " She stopped and looked at Seungri with guilt in her eyes.
 
"Waeyo?" He asked.
 
Angela took a deep breath. "Seungri-sshi, I want to tell you something that I haven't told anyone before." She said seriously.
 
"Not even Dara-sshi and Youngbae oppa knows about it. So I hope you can help me."
 
Seungri became intrigued with what she is about to tell him.
 
"I'm all ears."
 
 
**********
 
Seunghyun brought Dara to a park.
They sat on a bench side by side.
Nobody has spoken a word since they left the cafe.
He could tell that she was in a deep trance.

Dara just sat there staring straight ahead.
He knew that he needed to do something.
 
"Dara!" He gave her a gentle nudge.
 
She blinked out of her daze and turned to look at him.
He suddenly stood up and put his hand on her shoulder.
 
"I'll just get something." He said. "Stay here and wait for me, okay?"
 
She watched Seunghyun walked away.
After a couple of steps he looked back at her and grinned.
 
"Don't go anywhere, Dara!" He quickly took off.
 
Dara smirked seeing him disappearing from her sight.
'What's he up to now?' She wondered.
 
After a few minutes, running back, Seunghyun saw her in a daze again.
He smiled, shaking his head.
He slumped on the bench beside Dara making her jumped in surprise.
 
"OMO!" She exclaimed.
 
Seunghyun snorted.
 
"Yah! Do you want me to have a heart attack?" She said glaring at him while holding her chest.
 
"Here" He gave him something.
 
She looked at what he was holding.

To Seunghyun's relief her face immediately lit up.
 
"Eat it before it melts." He winked at her.
 
Dara stared at him speechless, accepting the cup of ice cream.
She peeked into the cup then gave out a chuckle.
 
"You're crazy, don't you know that?" She told him while shaking her head.
 
Seunghyun leaned forward and rested his elbows on his legs as he eats a scoop of his own ice cream.

"At least it made you smile again." He replied without looking at her.
 
"Tch!" She nudged him lightly.
 
When Seunghyun and Dara were dating in college. There were times when Dara gets upset.
Luckily, Seunghyun discovered how to cheer her up.
 
 
 = Flashback =
About two years ago...
 
"Dara-ah,” Seunghyun was calling Dara.
Dara continued ignoring him as they walked down the street.
 
"Dara, c'mon, I said I was sorry." He pleaded, rubbing his hands together and begging her.
 
"I wanted to watch that play on time but you came fifteen minutes late." She said angrily.
 
"I'm really sorry, Dara."  
 
Dara stopped walking and crossed her arms over her chest, still not facing him.
Seunghyun sighed and looked around the area where they stopped.
He suddenly got an idea.
He grabbed Dara's hand and pulled her towards the ice cream parlor nearby.
 
"Mwoya!" She said while trying to release herself from his grip.
 
Inside the ice cream parlor, still holding Dara, Seunghyun walked straight to the counter.
Seunghyun called the person in charge and whispered something into his ear.
The one in charge looked like he was hesitating but he nodded his head, approving to whatever Seunghyun said.
Seunghyun took Dara's hand and led her inside the ice cream counter where the ice scream freezer was.
He took a cup and checked the available flavors.
Glancing at Dara, he studied her from head to foot.
With a grin on his face, he looked back in the ice cream freezer.
He made one scoop of vanilla ice cream and one scoop of strawberry ice cream.
Dara noticed him wrinkling his forehead.
He turned to the man beside him and asked something that only the two of them can hear.
The man pointed on a small transparent jar that has sprinkles in it.
Seunghyun opened the jar and scooped some; he sprinkled it on top of the ice cream that he made.
He went to Dara and smiled.
 
"Here"
 
She just looked at him confused. "Eh?"
 
Seunghyun rolled his eyes and sigh. "I don't know what flavor you like." He said with a shrug.

"And if I ask you what you want right now, I'm pretty sure I won't get an answer." He continued.
 
She was still staring at him with the "so?" look.
 
"So I just choose the flavors according to the colors of your outfit." He grinned, putting the cup of ice cream on Dara's hand.
 
Dara realized that she was wearing white blouse and pink skirt. On top of that is a colorful jacket.
 
Dara suddenly laughed. "You're crazy, Seunghyun!"
 
= End of Flashback =
 
 
Dara checked her ice cream cup.
It was blueberry cheesecake flavor with blueberry syrup and crushed almonds.
She was wearing faded skinny jeans, white fitted shirt with royal blue horizontal stripes topped with royal blue blazer.
She chuckled and shook her head as she ate a spoonful.
 
"It still works, huh?" Seunghyun asked giving her a teasing smile.
 
She nodded happily.
 
"Just wondering what the almonds are for?" She said wrinkling her forehead.
 
Seunghyun sat up straight. "Your gold earrings." He explained pointing to Dara's ear.
 
She gave out a laugh which made him laugh too.

Dara couldn't believe that Seunghyun could still make her smile and laugh by using his special tactics.
She kept smiling while eating her ice cream, but then something struck her.

"Seunghyun-ah," She said without looking at him.

"I never expected that you will do that."
 
"What? The ice scream?" He asked, eating his last scoop.
 
She turned to face him. "The pictures and video."
 
Seunghyun avoided her gaze.

"Oh that," He said quietly. "Listen, about those--"
 
"Whatever the reason is, I still believe you did it out of good intentions."  She quietly said.
 
He was about to say something but Dara cut him off.
 
"I'm thankful for that Seunghyun-ah."
 
She glanced at Seunghyun, who has his mouth slightly opened.
 
"We're friends right?" She smiled and winked at him.
 
Listening to Dara, Seunghyun couldn't help but feel a little hurt because somewhere along the line, he felt he was misunderstood for what he has done.
 
He managed to smile back but he looked away from Dara.
 
He put the cup down on his side.
 
"Dara, I hope you didn't misunderstand what I did." He spoke.
 
"Regardless of what I feel about you, I will always see you as a friend that I cherish." He looked back at her.
 
"You were wronged by someone you love and trust. I did those out of concern and not for personal gain."
 
Dara was surprised and taken aback of what he said.
 
She felt embarrassed and ashamed for thinking that Seunghyun did all those things to get her back.
 
'Stupid me!' She thought. 'I hurt him again.'
'How could I think something like that to a person who always cared for me even after what I did??!! Park Dara, babo-yah!' She scolded herself.
 
"S-Seunghyun-ah, mian-" Dara was about to apologize, but Seunghyun stood up and glanced at his watch.
 
"It's almost dinner time, what do you say we grab a bite before I send you home?" He asked smiling at her.
 
Dara forced a smile.
 
"Sure, sounds good to me." She replied trying to sound cheerful.
 
He offered his hand in which she didn't hesitate to hold.
 
"Gaja!"
 
**********
 

 At Lee's Mansion, in Seungri's entertainment room...
 
Seungri called Daesung and Youngbae for a drinking session.
 
The first one to arrive was Daesung; he immediately went straight to the big couch.
 
"So what time is Youngbae hyung coming?" He asked as he lay down.
 
Seungri who was using the computer peeked at his friend. "I don't know. He said he's on his way."
 
"I'm sooooooo tired." Daesung groaned. "Can I sleep here for the night?"
 
Seungri stood up and headed to the single couch beside him.
 
"Sure."
 
He turned to look at Seungri, who was opening a can of beer.
 
"Why are we here anyway?
 
"I invited you guys here because of something."
 
"Then what is it?" He asked, closing his eyes and resting his arm on his forehead.
 
Seungri told Daesung everything that Angela confessed to him.
 
"She did what?!" Daesung exclaimed, removing his arm on his forehead exposing his eyes that are now wide open.
 
Seungri smirked at him.
 
"That's exactly what I said when she told me about it." Sipping his beer as he stood up.
 
"Except mine was YOU DID WHAT." He acted out to Daesung.
 
Daesung grabbed a throw pillow and threw it to Seungri who was heading towards the sound system.
 
"Yah!" Seungri yelled when he got hit on the head.
 
"I can't believe she did that." Daesung said in disbelief.
 
"Who did what?" They heard a voice said.
 
They turned and saw Youngbae shutting the door behind him.
 
"You came." Seungri said sounding relief.
 
"Why wouldn't I?" Youngbae replied walking towards the couch where Daesung was.
 
Daesung sat up to give space for his friend.
 
Youngbae reached for a can of beer from the table.
 
"So what are you guys talking about? Who did what?" He asked curiously
 
Daesung and Seungri looked at each other.
 
Seungri turned off the sounds.
 
"I met Angela-sshi at a restaurant this afternoon." He said.
 
Seungri and Daesung waited for their friend to respond but instead, he just sipped his beer.
 
There was a short moment of silence.
 
Daesung turned to Youngbae. "I think you should listen to Seungri." He said. "He has something important to tell you."
 
The two could see their friend's face darkened. "Why do I have to listen? I don't want to know anything about her."
 
Just then, they heard someone knocking at the door.
 
The maid entered and bowed to them. "Seungri-sshi, there's someone here to see you."
 
A familiar figure entered the room.
 
"Angela-sshi!" Daesung gasped.
 
Youngbae sat there stunned.
 
**********
 
At a restaurant...
 
Seunghyun and Dara talked about things that happened to them the past two years.
Dara shared her struggles in handling their restaurant business.
She also shared that she feels bad for her younger brother, Cheondung, for having to deal with the whole business thing right after he graduated.
Since he is the only son and successor of PARKSan Enterprise he does more work than her older sister.
 
Seunghyun grinned at Dara. "That's the way it is." He said. "He's the only son; it's really going to be tough for him."
 
Dara sighed. "Yeah, I know. I really pity that kid."
 
She grinned at Seunghyun. "How about you? How have you been?" She asked curiously.
 
"All I heard from Jiyong is that you went to England to manage your Uncle's restaurant while studying."
 
Seunghyun sipped his wine.
 
"Didn't do much." He replied shrugging his shoulders.
 
Dara frowned.
 
"Elaborate please." She insisted.
 
Seunghyun chuckled and put down his knife and fork.
 
"Nothing interesting happened to me there actually." He said. "All I did was study and supervise my uncle's restaurant."
 
Dara raised her eyebrow as she put her glass of wine down. "No social life?"
 
He gave her a teasing smile. "If you're asking if I've dated anyone there then the answer is no."
 
She felt her face blushed but she made a face.
 
"How come?"
 
Though she already has a hint on why Seunghyun wasn't dating, she still attempted to ask.
 
Seunghyun shrugged his shoulders and continued slicing his steak.
 
"No time, I guess." He simply replied without looking at Dara.
 
She realized at that time that she had asked him an awkward question.
 
"So what do you plan on doing now? Now that you're back in Korea." She asked changing the subject.
 
Seunghyun wiped his mouth with a tissue after chewing his last piece of steak.
 
"I'll be helping aboji manage the businesses we have here." He said.
 
Seunghyun is the youngest and only son of a business tycoon in Seoul.
Like Dara's brother, Cheondung, he's also the successor of their business.
Since the Choi's family business manages a lot of restaurants, cafes, bars and clubs, Seunghyun and her older sister, Hye Yoon, help in managing them along with their parents.
 
"So are you back for good?" She asked.
 
He smiled at her.
 
"When I came here, I wasn't really planning to stay for long." He explained. "But I think there's a slight change of plans."
 
Dara grinned. "So you're staying?"
 
Seunghyun slowly nod his head. "I think so."
 
 
**********
 
 
"Angela-sshi, I'm glad you could make it." Seungri motioned her to sit.
 
Angela embarrassed and ashamed to be there, walked slowly to the single couch near Youngbae.
 
She took a glimpse of Youngbae who was not looking at her.
 
Youngbae stood up.
 
"What's the meaning of this, Seungri?" He was containing his anger.
 
"Don't blame him, oppa." Angela spoke. "It was me who convinced him to let us meet. I've got something important to tell you."
 
Daesung grabbed Youngbae's arm and pulled him to sit but he shook his arm away.
 
"Hyung, just listen to her. It's very important that you know."
 
"What do I have to know that's so important, huh?" He said glaring at Daesung then to Seungri. "What do both of YOU know that I don't know?"
 
"Oppa please, sit down and listen to me." Angela pleaded. "I promise, after this I will not show myself to you again."
 
Youngbae looked at her with anger, but he managed to sit down and listen.
 
"Now talk." He demanded. “After this, I want you out of out lives."
 
Angela swallowed hard.
 
"Before I start, I just want you to know that whatever you want to do after you hear me, I'll fully accept and understand."
 
Youngbae didn't reply nor looked at her.
 
She glanced at Daesung and Seungri and saw them nodding their heads.
 
She took a deep breath.
 
"The night it happened," She started.
 
Youngbae gritted his teeth and clenched his fist.
 
She closed her eyes as she spoke. "You were not drunk at that time."
 
Youngbae slowly turned his head to face her.
 
"What do you mean I was not drunk?" Youngbae snapped. "You were there. You saw me. I couldn't even stand up. I - -"
 
"I drugged you." Angela quietly said but enough for everyone especially Youngbae to hear.
 
Youngbae froze as he tried to absorb what Angela had just said.
 
"You did what?" He calmly asked.
 
His two friends held their breath.
 
"I drugged you, oppa." Angela repeated.
 
She started crying.
 
"It's my fault that something happened to us that night." She sobbed. "I planned the whole thing and I took advantage of you."
 
 
**********
 
 
After dinner Seunghyun drove Dara home at the Park Mansion.
 
He walked Dara to the mansion's gate.
 
"Are you sure you don't want to go in for coffee or tea?" Dara asked.
 
"I'll take a rain check on that tonight." He said with an apologetic look. "I have to go back to the office and finish some papers."
 
Seunghyun noticed her pouting like a child.
He chuckled and put his hands on her shoulder.
 
"Don't worry; I'm sure we'll see each other quite often now that I'm back." He assured her.
 
"Oh alright, but next time the meals on me. Okay?" She insisted.
 
"Sure." He replied, smiling widely. "I'll be looking forward to that."
 
He stretched his arms out indicating that he wants a hug.
 
Dara laughed and hugged him.
 
"Okay now you go inside and take some rest." He said releasing her.
 
"Thank you for the delicious meal, Seunghyun-ah." She bowed.
 
"What's with the formality?" He frowned. Dara just laughed.
 
"Go in now, it's cold out here." He said motioning her to go inside.
 
"You go back to your car too." She said.
 
Seunghyun walked back to his car, but Dara suddenly remembered something.
 
**********
 
Youngbae couldn't believe what he just heard.
He shook his head and gave out a laugh.
He stood up and put his hand on his temple and the other hand rested on his waist.
He took a deep breath and laughed again.
 
"This is not true, I'm not hearing this." He mumbled trying really hard not to lose himself.
 
Seungri and Daesung exchange glances.
They both know that this is enough for their friend to explode.
 
Daesung stood up and put his hand on Youngbae's shoulder but he just shrugged his hand off.
 
He started walking towards an open space in the room still shaking his head in disbelief.
 
Seungri was about to approach his friend who was walking back and forth.
 
"Not now Seungri." He hissed.
 
Angela couldn't take what she's seeing, she stood up.
 
"Oppa, I'm really sorry." She cried. "I'm the one to blame for all of these."
 
"YOU SHOULD BE ANGELA!" Youngbae yelled.
 
The two men on the side were shocked.
 
It was their first time hearing their friend yelled at a woman.
 
"You made me lose the one that I love!" He continued yelling.
 
His eyes were blazing with anger.
 
"Hyung," Seungri uttered, wanting to remind his friend that he is still talking to a woman.
 
Youngbae flashed him a glare then he looked back at Angela who was looking scared.
 
"Do you know what you did??!!!" He gritted his teeth.
 
"You made me..... You made me lose - -" He paused and swallowed hard. "You made me lose Dara."
 
A tear escaped from his eye and rolled down his cheek after saying Dara's name.
 
"How could you?" He continued, looking directly at Angela. "How could you be so cruel? Of all the girls Angela, why you?"
 
**********
 
"Seunghyun-ah!" Dara called. He turned around.
 
"About the misunderstanding," She said looking down. "I'm really sorry. Please forgive me."
 
Seunghyun smiled. "Forget about it." He motioned her again to go inside.
 
"Seunghyun-ah!" She called again. "Goodnight and drive safely!"
 
"Goodnight!"
 
**********
 
Angela burst into tears and fell on her knees.
 
"I'm really sorry, Youngbae oppa." She cried.
 
Daesung rushed to Angela and helped her up but she refused to stand up.
 
"I'll accept whatever punishment you give me, oppa." She said covering her face with her hands while she kept crying.
 
Youngbae ignored her plea.
 
His tears kept flowing as he shakily took out his cellphone.
 
**********
 
Dara waited for Seunghyun to leave before she went inside.
When she was already in her room, her cellphone rang.
She checked and it was Youngbae.
She didn't answer.
 
Youngbae could hear the phone ringing but she's not answering.
Seeing his friend so desperate, Seungri behind him and put his hand on his friend's shoulder.
He felt his friend's shoulders shaking.
 
Youngbae cried quietly covering his mouth with his clenched fist.
"Dara, please talk to me." Seungri heard Youngbae whispered.