Broken Heart

If Only (The Sequel to In The Club)

 

"Oh yeah~~ oh yeahhh~ " Dara sang loudly while her friends assisted her back to the VIP room.

 

"Shhhiiing wiiithhh meeee giiirlllsss." Dara yelled. "Oh yeah~ yeahhh yeahh~...”

 

The girls carefully settled her on the coach where she laid down comfortably.

 

"Bommieee Minjiiiiahh yeah!!! Yeah~~~~"

 

"What are we going to do now, unnie?" Minji asked Bom.

 

"Now?!” She flared up. "You're asking NOW??!! I have no idea! But later, when she wakes up, I'll beat some sense into her."

 

"Unnie," Minji uttered. "You wouldn't."

 

"Just watch me, Minji-ah" She hissed as she started cracking her knuckles.

 

"Unnie,"

 

Bom saw the terrified expression on her face.

 

"I'm sorry," She slumped her shoulders and sighed. "Listen, why don't you take a rest then I'll think of something, okay?"

 

Minji nodded her head and sat on the couch watching her drunk friend doze off.

 

Bom was left standing, doing some breathing exercise. "Huuuuuuuu Saaaaaaaa...”

 

"Dara-ah, you're in deep trouble after this." She muttered.

 

 

**********

 

 

"That was like... five years ago, hyung." Seungri said looking at the picture in Youngbae’s cellphone. "I'm surprised that you still have it."

 

"Yahhhh!" Youngbae hissed. "It'sss Dara and I, it's woooorthhh keeeepppping."

 

The two watched Youngbae reached for another can of beer.

 

Daesung grabbed it right away.

 

"Whhattttchhuuu doiing, Daessuung-ahhh!" He grunted. "I'mmmm not yet drunkkkk."

 

"Enough, hyung." He commanded.

 

"Aishhhh!" He yelled as he sprawled almost half of his body on the table.

 

Daesung signaled Seungri to help him carry Youngbae.

 

Seungri carefully placed Youngbae's arm on his shoulder while Daesung did the same.

 

"Let's bring him to the guest room." Seungri said.

 

 

**********

 

 

Bom knelt beside the couch to check her friend’s condition.

 

"Dara-ah, are you okay?" She whispered.

 

With closed eyes, Dara mumbled. "Bommie-ahhh, paarrrtttyyy..."

 

Bom sighed as she her forehead.

 

"Is it Youngbae again?" She quietly asked. "C'mon Dara, pull yourself together."

 

It made Bom worried, watching Dara in this kind of state.

It's a known fact that only one person can make their friend break down like this.

She sometimes wonders why her friend couldn't just be like her when it comes to matters of the heart.

Unlike Dara, she got over her heartache in just a snap.

 

Bom felt a soft tap on her shoulder.

 

"Unnie, should we call Youngbae oppa?" Minji asked.

 

Hearing her suggestion, Bom quickly stood up and pulled her to the corner of the room.

 

"Are you out of your mind, Minji-ah?" Her eyes widened. "I'm positive that he's the reason why she...” She points to Dara. ".. Is acting like that."

 

The maknae almost cowered while listening to Bom.

 

"I was just...” She stopped to think of the right sentence to express what she feels about the situation without Bom getting fired up.

 

"What?" Bom asked impatiently.

 

Minji closed her eyes. "I was just thinking that if it's because of Youngbae oppa, then the two of them should talk. I mean, let them talk, unnie. Who knows, they might end up patching things up. Dara-unnie will be happy, Youngbae oppa will be happy, the rest of us will be happy. No more drunk Dara unnie. Problem equals zero percent." She said in straight sentence.

 

She took a deep breath and slowly opened her eyes.

 

Bom raised her eyebrow.

 

"You really are innocent when it comes to this." She said shaking her head. "This is not a fairy tale, Minji-ah. Not even a drama series."

 

Minji rolled her eyes.

 

"Unnie, why don't you just open up your mind." She snapped then she quickly put her hands over in surprise.

 

She was always scared of her.

Since Bom is the eldest among them, most of the time it’s her way or no way.

The person who argues with Bom a lot is Chaerin since they see things differently.

Chaerin is more liberated while Bom is conservative.

 Dara is always in the middle that’s why she looked up to her.

It’s just the way it is.

 

Minji and Bom don't really argue when it comes to other things.

In fact, Bom adores Minji and the maknae respects her a lot.

Only if it's about Youngbae and Seunghyun, that's when they start pulling each other's hair.

Dara always tells them that they’re demented for arguing over which man is better for her.

 

Minji's loyalty was always with Youngbae.

From the time Dara introduced him to them, she always thought of him as her older brother.

To her, Youngbae is like the prince and her friend is the princess, they were meant to be together.

No matter what the people say, she will always stand by her beliefs.

 

‘Where are you Chaerin unnie when I need you?’ She thought.  ‘I’m dead.’

 

 

Shock with the maknae's remark, Bom scoffed.

 

"Fine, suit yourself." She said, turning her back as she headed to the  empty couch. She sat down and crossed her arms over her chest.

 

"Call Youngbae. Tell him to come here." She commanded.

 

Minji felt her knees wobbling and her heart pounding fast.

For the first time, Bom listened to her.

 

Bom crossed her legs and stared at her.

 

"What?! Aren't you going to call your Youngbae oppa?"

 

Minji took her cellphone out of her purse and fiddled for Youngbae's number.

 

"I'm calling him now." She said, putting the cellphone against her ear.

 

 

**********

 

Inside the entertainment room in the Lee's mansion.

 

On top of the mini bar table was Youngbae's cellphone, ringing constantly.

 

 

**********

 

"Ahhh," Seungri threw himself on the bed, beside his drunk friend.

 

He can hear Daesung muttering curses under his breath while taking off Youngbae’s shoes.

 

"I swear I’ll never fall in love like hyung." Seungri said turning his body to look face his sleeping friend.

 

Daesung threw a sock at him. "Shut up!"

 

He sat up and frowned. "Hyung, we've been friends since like... forever. Ha-"

 

"Seungri, where is this talk leading to?" Daesung interrupted with a sigh.

 

He went to sit in the chair next to the bed. He was exhausted and he doesn't feel like talking about serious stuff.

 

Seungri made a face.

 

"If you're going to ask me if I have fallen in love before, then my answer would be...” He paused to think.

 

Seungri eagerly waits for his answer. "What hyung?"

 

Daesung stared at him with glassy-eyed expression.

 

“So?” 

 

"I seriously don't know." He quietly answered.

 

The maknae glared at him.

 

"What about you?" He asked. "Have you?"

 

Seungri closed his eyes and thinks for a moment.

 

"I don't think so." He heard Daesung saying with a chuckle.

 

His eyes snapped open and he turned to look at him.

 

"Maybe." He said with a light smile.

 

"Maybe." Daesung repeated with a snort. He stood up and did some stretching.

 

"Well 'maybe-I-have-fallen-in-love Seungri' I need to go now." He said.

 

Seungri stood up from the bed and walk his friend to the door.

 

"Are you sure you don't wanna stay for the night?"

 

"Nah, I've got tons of work to do tomorrow." Daesung explained. He glanced at Youngbae who was stirring in the bed.

 

"Just make sure he goes home mentally intact tomorrow."

 

Seungri laughed. "Don't worry; I'll take care of everything."

 

 

**********

 

 

Bom was tapping her fingers on the arm rest of the couch.

 

She's been watching Minji walk around in circles for about ten minutes now.

 

"Ehem!" She cleared .

 

Minji glanced at her with the cellphone still pressed against her ear.

 

"He's not answering." She said sheepishly.

 

"Now what?" 

 

They suddenly heard a cellphone ringing.

 

It was coming from Dara's purse. Bom took the cellphone out.

 

Her lips curved up into a smile seeing the name on the screen.

 

 

**********

 

"Kamsahamnida, Seunghyun oppa." Minji bowed.

 

Seunghyun smiled. "Get in Minji-ah, it's cold out her."

 

Minji smiled in return and waved. "Bye, bye Bom unnie."

 

As soon as Minji entered the Gong's gate, Seunghyun drove off.

 

 

At Dara's apartment…

 

Seunghyun carried Dara while Bom led him to the bedroom.

 

"Careful, careful." Bom chanted as Seunghyun slowly laid her friend on the bed.

 

She was going to take Dara's shoes off but she was surprised to see Seunghyun already doing it.

 

She smiled while watching him tucked her in.

 

They both didn't move when Dara began stirring in her bed.

 

"W-water." She mumbled.

 

Seunghyun was on his way out to get water but Bom stopped him.

 

"I'll go; you stay here and watch her." She suggested.

 

He nods his head.

 

 

When Bom left the room, Seunghyun sat beside Dara.

 

He gently brushed some strands of her hair away from her face.

 

Seeing how red her cheeks were and how warm her skin was, he can't help but let out a sigh.

 

"What made you this drunk?" He whispered.

 

Dara stirred again when he softly caressed her face.

 

He held his breath, hoping that he didn't wake her up.

 

When she stopped moving, he lightly touched her hand.

 

Thinking she's now in deep sleep, he held her hand and squeezed it gently.

 

He saw a tear escaped Dara's closed lids.

 

He delicately wiped away the tear with his thumb.

 

"Are you still hurting?" He asked in a whisper.

 

He slowly raised her hand and pressed the back of it against his cheek.

 

"I'm here Dara-ah. Let me sheild you from the pain." He said. "Please allow me. I want to heal your broken heart."

 

Dara's eyes suddenly fluttered open.

 

He put her hand down and leaned closer. "Dara-ah, are you okay?"

 

She didn't answer. Instead, her hand reached to touch his face.

 

"Tabi-ah." She whispered with a gentle smile.

 

Surprised from what he heard, he instantly smiled back and kissed her hand.

 

He couldn't believe that she called her by the nickname she made for him when they were still dating.

 

Seconds later, Dara slowly closed her eyes.

 

He let out a chuckle. "Go back to sleep, Sandy."

 

He kissed her hand again and leaned over to kiss her forehead.

 

“My heart won’t ever change. I can fall back in love with you over and over again, Sandy.“ Seunghyun whispered. 

 

He her forehead. “I’ll wait. I love you so much. I really do.”

 

**********

 

Bom was in the kitchen preparing a small wet towel and a glass of water.

 

After she was done, she put everything on a tray and headed back to Dara's room.

 

When she was nearing the bedroom she heard Seunghyun's voice.

 

"Go back to sleep, Sandy."

 

She decided to peek first before going in.

 

There she saw Seunghyun kissing Dara's hand and leaning over to kiss her forehead.

 

My heart won’t ever change. I can fall back in love with you over and over again, Sandy.“ Seunghyun said. 

 

 “I’ll wait. I love you so much. I really do.”

 

Bom bit her lips and smiled at the scene.

Though what she saw touched her, she still couldn't help but feel sorry for Seunghyun.

No matter how bad she wants them to end up being together; she can only watch them develop.

At this rate, she knows that they still have a long way to go.

 

'Ring~ ring~~'

 

"Omo" She jumped.

 

Seunghyun turned around to see where the sound was coming from.

 

He saw Bom standing at the doorway holding a tray.

 

"Seunghyun-ah," She went to him. "Help me with this please."

 

Seunghyun stood up and took the tray from her so she can answer her cellphone.

 

He placed the tray on Dara's side table.

 

"Yes, Minji-ah." He heard Bom said. "Yes, he's still here. Ne, everything's fine. I'm fine. Ne, bye."

 

Bom put her cellphone back in her pocket.

 

She looked at Seunghyun and smiled. "How about a cup of hot tea before you go?"

 

********************[A/N]

Inspired by Donnie J's song : Broken Heart

Ahihihi (^_-) v