Don't know why

Damn that Happy Virus

K.Will - Please Don't 

 

 

Trying to keep your and Chanyeol’s relationship a secret from the rest of the guys, was though. Chanyeol wasn’t the best at trying to keep his hands off you every time one of the boys used skinship on you.
    Eventually, you came clean and told them. They weren’t surprised to the least and just shrugged it off as it was the most casual thing in the world.

If Chanyeol thought finally revealing your relationship to Exo-K would make them stop teasing you, he was wrong. In fact, they only begun to tease you even more. With Exo.M returning back to China, Sehun was left alone to make you uncomfortable. 

 

”Hey, Hannah!” Kai greeted in the hallway as you entered their house. You had begun to spend more and more time there, almost forgetting you had your own apartment. 

”Hello, Kai.” you greeted back as you entered the living room. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, as if it ever would. Kai was spread out all over the couch, absentmindedly going through the channels on the television. 

Sehun was lounging in the armchair, half sleeping. He merely grunted in his sleep when you entered. Before you could ask, Kai pointed up the stairs, ”He’s up in his room.” 

”Okay, thank you.” you said and left. In the kitchen you could spot D.O and Suho. They saw you walking past and yelled after you, ”Hello Hannah!” 

You smiled softly and began to climb the stairs. From one of the rooms you could hear loud and clear singing. You quickly figured that it was Baekhyun and went for the other room. Even though you’ve been to their house many times, you still had a hard time finding Chanyeol’s room among the others. *The second floor is like a freaking maze.* You thought. 

While entering Chanyeol’s room, you were met by a strong and unpleasant smell. ”What the...” you mumbled to yourself and closed the door behind you.

In front of his mirror, stood Chanyeol, waving a can of what seemed to be perfume, around himself. A cloud of chemicals surrounded him and the smell made you pinch your nose in order to get closer to him.

”Chanyeol, what are you doing?” 

At hearing your voice, Chanyeol stopped spraying and spun around. His face lit up and just as he was about to embrace you, you backed away and held out your hand. ”What is that smell?” 

”This?” Chanyeol asked and held up the can, ”I got it from Sehun. Does it smell good?” he held out his arms and approached you. You pinched your nose harder and shook your head, ”No, please don’t come any closer.” 

Chanyeol’s face fell and his arms fell to his sides. He eyed the can one more time then furiously threw it on the ground. ”Sehun said that I was going to attract kitties!” 

You blinked at him, ”What?” 

”Yeah, he said that I was going attract more , which is cats, right?” Your eyes widened and you shoved your fist into your mouth to prevent yourself from bursting into laughter.

Oblivious Chanyeol had no idea what Sehun had meant and why you were trying so hard not to laugh. ”What is it?” 

You swallowed and took a deep breath before answering, still stifling laughter. ”N-nothing. I’m going down to see what the others are doing. And you,” you pointed a finger at the giant, ”really should change clothes.” 

As you left, Chanyeol pouted and stared down at the can. ”I still don’t think it smells that bad.” 

 

~*~*~*~

”Kai, stop cheating!” Baekhyun complained and threw the Wii-controller on the couch. Kai smirked victoriously and twirled the controller in his hand. ”Is that 2-1 to me?” 

”Shut up.” Baekhyun muttered and slumped down on the couch next to you. ”Who’s turn is it now?” Kai smirked confidently. 

Ever since you all decided to play Wii sports, Kai had been beating everyone at everything. Except you. You had been sitting down and watched that self-loving, arrogant bastard win. 

”It’s my turn.” you said and stood up, grabbing the controller. ”Well, well, I guess it’s for the lamb to go to slaughter.” Kai grinned. 

”You wish.” you rolled your eyes. ”What are we playing?” 

”Since we already played everything, you can choose.” Kai said. ”Oh, you’re such a gentleman.” you dryly said and moved the cursor on the screen to baseball. 

The rest of the boys cheered loudly, not for Kai, but for you. ”Go Hannah!” 

Kai scoffed and stretched his arm and rotated his wrist casually, with him being the first one out. You crossed your arms over your chest and watched intensively as he began to swing the controller like a baseball bat.

When Kai were done with his round, he gave you another one of his cocky smirks as he moved out of the way from the television. You had watched him play and slowly began to regret ever signing up for this. 

He was good, he really was. He hit the ball 95% of the time it was thrown at him and only missed one time when Baekhyun ‘accidentally’ had pulled on the carpet, making Kai lose his balance. 

Gulping nervously, you stepped in front of the TV. You went through Kai’s gameplay and tried to find some kind of weakness. There was none. 

You took a deep breath and moved the cursor, starting the game. 

Surprisingly, you weren’t that bad. You could hit almost every ball and you figured if you could try to be more precise and hit harder than you did, there was a small chance you could win over Kai. The thought made you smile a little. 

”What are you smiling about? Focus on the game!” D.O scolded and pointed at screen. You quickly obliged and noticed that if you hadn’t, you would’ve missed and gotten a strike. 

The thought that you possibly could beat Kai made you smirk in victory and prepared for the final throw. 

 

~*~*~*~

 

 

”You cheated.” Kai simple said as Suho turned the Wii off. You scoffed, ”Yeah, keep telling yourself that.” 

Chanyeol proudly beamed and slung his arm around your shoulders, ”She beat you, Kai, just admit it.” 

Kai shook his head in denial and crossed his arms over his chest, not admitting defeat. ”My control had some problems and didn’t react-”

”Kai, you’re being ridiculous.” Baekhyun called from the kitchen, where he and D.O were preparing snacks for everyone. 

”AM NOT!” Kai yelled back, a frown clearly visible on his handsome face. You just scoffed in amusement and leaned your head on Chanyeol’s shoulder, your sudden confidence from winning slowly coming back to you. 

”You should’ve seen when Sehun beat him in a dance battle last year. Little brat sulked for three days.” D.O chuckled as he entered the room, balancing four trays on his arms. Baekhyun entered after him, simply holding a jug and a couple of glasses. 

D.O sat the tray down on the coffee table and everyone immediately dug in. Baekhyun poured some lemonade into one of the glasses and gave it to you. You took it and sent him a grateful look.

”I wasn’t sulking about THAT. My grandmother died that day as well.” Kai defended and crossed his arms over his chest. Sehun rolled his eyes, ”That was the week after that, you dimwit.”

”What a grandson. Can’t even remember his grandmother’s death day.” Chanyeol snickered and took a bite of a cracker. 

”THE GIANT SHUTS HIS MOUTH!” Kai sneered and snatched the cracker out of Chanyeol’s grasp. ”What did you just do?” Chanyeol hissed and glared at the one who had stolen his precious piece of snack. 

In a matter of seconds, a fight broke out in the middle of the living room. ”GIVE ME BACK MY CRACKER!” ”NEVER!” 

Suho sighed and rubbed his temples, ”Guys, why do you always have to cause a ruckus whenever we get together like this?” 

There was no response from the two boys, only grunts and fists flying from left and right. Kai threw his arm over Chanyeol’s waist to get a good grip on him. Chanyeol took this opportunity to direct his mouth to Kai’s bare arm and sunk his teeth to his skin. 

”ARGH! YOU CRAZY- VIRUS!” Kai shouted in both pain and anger. 

You watched the two boys fight, not sure if you would intervene or just sit by and watch. As an answer to your dilemma, Baekhyun leaned in, ”Don’t worry about them, they do this on a daily basis. It never goes down to the point where they hurt each other,” A loud scream of pain erupted from Kai’s lips as Chanyeol had bit him again, this time on his shoulder. 

”, that bad.” Baekhyun finished with a meek smile. You slightly frowned, still slightly unsure of what you were going to do. 

”Don’t worry, Hannah.” Sehun said from across the room. He was holding up his phone, sure to get this fight on camera. D.O rolled his eyes at the youngest and directed his eyes at you, ”It’s starting to get late. Should I walk you home, Hannah?” 

You glanced out the window and noticed that it had gotten really dark since you arrived. ”No, you don’t have to, I can manage.” you said and got up. D.O nodded understandingly, ”You have our numbers, so call if anything happens.” he made a phone with his thumb and pinky and held it to his ear. You nodded. 

”Good bye Chanyeol, good bye Kai.” you said, but they took no notice of you and kept on fighting. Chuckling, you waved good bye to the rest of the boys, then left. 

 

~*~*~*~

 

Coming back to your apartment, you couldn’t help but to feel as if something was wrong. Something was off. 

A thick scent hung in the air like a cloth and you felt your throat getting drier by the second.   Walking further into the apartment, your breath became more faster and heavier. What was going on? 

Looking down to the floor, you noticed a thick, white substance cover the wooden floor. It was as light as a mist and its height was slowly raising. In a matter of seconds, the fog was up by your chest area and by now you found it almost impossible to breathe. 

Your panicking mind quickly came to the conclusion to get out, like the thought never had struck you earlier. Stumbling through the living room, you went for your balcony. You were so close. 4 meters. 3 meters. 

The fog was making every furniture in your apartment invisible so you stumbled around in blindness. Your foot suddenly got caught in what you figured out was the leg to your coffee table, and you felt yourself falling to the floor. 

Face hitting first, you screamed in pain, feeling something hot and thick make its way out of your nostrils. The fog seeped into your open mouth, clogging your throat completely. 

Thoughts of dying penetrated your head and more panic filled your body. You didn’t want to die. Not now. Not yet. Not like this. Not when you finally had found something to live for. 

The last thing you could make out before you out was a pair of elegant, black shoes stepping towards you. 

 

----------

 

//cackles evily and runs away //