Alone on christmas...or?

Damn that Happy Virus

 

Kim Bum Soo & Lena Park - White Winter

 

Pretending like you didn’t knew Chanyeol was pretty hard. Not that you felt like being around him, but Chanyeol was pretty clingy and he desperately tried to find out why you were avoiding him more than usual.

Of course, you would give him the same answer you always gave; You had to focus on school and that.

But Chanyeol wouldn’t believe you. Not one bit. He was determined to find out.

Chaerom, on the other hand, was frustrated. Even though you weren’t talking to Chanyeol anymore, Chanyeol still wouldn’t be with her. She desperately tried to talk to him, but he would always come up with an excuse and hurry off.

“Oi, loner!” Chaerom hollered when she saw you by your locker, putting your books back in.

You turned your head and spotted Chaerom, then went back to put in your books.

“Do you know if Chanyeol oppa has any relatives?” she asked as he walked up to you.

*Why would I know that?* You shook your head and closed your locker.

Chaerom tapped her chin thoughtfully, “Hm, really?” You nodded.

*Seriously, what does she want from me?* You spun around ready to leave, when Chaerom suddenly said, “You know, just because you don’t talk with Chanyeol oppa in school, doesn’t mean I’m not watching outside of school.” She chuckled evily.

*She’s so paranoid.* “Don’t worry, I have nothing to do with him.” You assured in monotone then left.

Chaerom smirked evily and crossed her arms over her chest, “Don’t even think of looking at him. He’s mine and mine only.” She said to herself.

“Don’t just stand here and talk to yourself, people will think your crazy.” A voice said.

Chaerom spun around and saw Chanyeol standing there with his hands on his pockets and a nonchalant look on his face.

Chaerom’s face lit up, “Oh, Chanyeol oppa! What are you doing here?”

“I go to school here.”

She giggled and flipped her hair, “Oh, right. Silly me.”

Chanyeol blew his bangs, “Anyway, what were you talking about? Who’s yours?”

Chaerom batted her eyelashes at Chanyeol and pretended to think, “I don’t know.” She giggled again. “I didn’t eat any lunch today, so I guess I’m just talking nonsense.”

Chanyeol nodded and got ready to leave. “Chanyeol oppa, can you walk me to the cafeteria?” Chaerom asked in her high-pitched voice.

“Lunch was over hours ago. The cafeteria is closed since long ago.” He called over his shoulder as he walked away.

“But can you accompany me for some coffee after school then?” she called after the male, but he had already been swallowed by the huge mass of students.

*Darn it!* she cursed and snapped her fingers. *Well, well, I’ll just catch him later when school ends.* she shrugged and smiled to herself.

~*~*~

Finals were finally over and Christmas holidays were officially here.

Or, it was Christmas, at the moment.

You were spending the day on the couch while doing some homework that you had gotten over the holidays.

You sighed as you dropped your pen in your textbook. *Done. Now what?* you looked around the small living room.

Deciding you needed a shower, you stood up and walked to the bathroom.

Lying by the bathtub was that familiar little thing that did you so good and still hurt you so bad. It had been a while since you did something, but for some reason, you felt more lonely today than ever.

Maybe it was because it was Christmas and people often used this day to spend time with their loved ones and eat good food and sing carols with each other and then there was you.

All alone in a small apartment with no-one around and no food in the fridge because you spent all your money on cigarettes and couldn’t afford more food until the end of this month.

You the shower and undressed yourself. The cold water hit your body and you shivered at first, but your body quickly got used to it.

You sat down in the tub and reached out to take the razor blade and brought it to the upper part of your arm and slowly made your way down.

As always, the cuts stung as the cold water hit them and you had to sit there for a while until you didn’t feel anything.

You got up from the tub and turned the water off and wrapped a towel around your body and exited the bathroom.

You passed your small living room on your way to your bedroom, but didn’t notice the figures sitting on your couch, watching you as you walked past them.

“Hyung, did she see us?” the maknae whispered to his older friend, who shrugged in return. “Doesn’t seem like it.”

One of them chuckled and smirked, “Seems like she just took a shower.” He wiggled his eyebrows.

“Shut up! Didn’t you see how blue she was? Did she shower with cold water or something?” The male’s eyes widened.

You thought you heard voices coming from the living room. *Strange. Didn’t I lock the door?* Putting on some clothes and grabbing your baseball bat by your bedside, you slowly opened the door and tip-toed to the living room.

“But why would she do that?” one of the boys whispered.

Suddenly, he felt a strong object hit the back of his head, and then everything went black.

His friends stared wide-eyed at their friend, and then their eyes wandered up and saw the owner of the apartment, holding a bat over Kai’s head, who had lost consciousness.

You let out an ear-pitching scream. “WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE!?”

D.O winced at the volume of your voice and blocked his ears. “For the love of God, woman!”

“Hannah-ssi, I can understand that you must be surprised, but please put the bat down so that we can talk.”

“I DON’T WANT ANY EXPLANATIONS! GET THE HELL OUT OF MY APARTMENT, NOW!” you shrieked and swung the bat around.

Kai slowly woke up and rubbed his eyes. He looked up and was met with a baseball bat, pointing right against his face.

“You!” got up and pointed accusingly at you, “You were the one who hit me, right?”

You waved your bat around, “I don’t have to answer that.”

Kai frowned, but sat back down.

“Now, you’re gonna get the hell out of my apartment before I call the cops.”

“We can’t do that noona.” Sehun said.

You raised a brow, “Why so?”

At that moment, you heard the front door open, followed by that familiar, deep voice that you both loved and hated. “GUYS! I BOUGHT FOOD!”

You gritted your teeth and turned around, facing Chanyeol. His face lit up as he saw you, “Hannah! You’re here!”

“Of course I’m here, you idiot. This is my apartment.” You snarled.

“Oh, right.” He chuckled to himself and put down the two bags of food he had brought with him. You sent him a curious look, “What is that?”

“I looked into your fridge, but it was empty, so I went and bought some.” Chanyeol beamed.

You stared at him, “But..why?”

“Because we got to have food if we’re gonna eat dinner together!” he happily exclaimed.

Your jaw fell to the ground and you stared at the boy in disbelief. “What nonsense are you spouting?”

“No-one should spend Christmas eve alone.” He said and gave you a look.

“Chanyeol’s right, Hannah-ssi.” Baekhyun agreed and stood up from the couch, walked up to you.

“That’s why we’re here!” Sehun smiled. “To spend Christmas with you!”

You blinked at the six boys in front of you. All of them had taken time out of their free-time to spend the holiday with you, who never had done anything for you.

*I feel…warm.* you touched the place your heart was and inwardly smiled. “Hannah, are you crying?”

You looked up and met eyes with Chanyeol, who looked at you worriedly. “No, you idiot.” You flicked his forehead and gave him a small smile.

And just like that, the wall you had built to protect yourself, tumbled down.

----------------

dfdskjflksdjfljsdlf I DA NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Subscribers and comments are loved to death!