Date with the happy virus

Damn that Happy Virus

Jay Park - Girlfriend

 

”Two ice cream cones please!” Chanyeol smiled widely at the cashier.

“You’re not even going to ask me what flavor I want?” you raised a brow and crossed your arms over your chest. Chanyeol pinched your cheek lightly and gave you a knowing smile, “I already know that you want chocolate.”

You clucked your tongue and looked away, cheeks slightly pink and examined the small café Chanyeol and taken you to.  It was cozy and cute, not really your style, but you somehow still liked it.

The cashier returned with your two cones – one chocolate and one strawberry. “Thank you.” Chanyeol took the cones and you two left the café.

“So what have you planned for us this lovely day, huh?” you asked as you took a bite from the chocolate ice cream. 

Chanyeol pretended to think for a bit, tilting his head from right to left slightly. “You will have to see.” He then said and gave you a playful wink.

Your shoulders sunk in disappointment.  You hated not knowing things. A bad habit of yours.

Chanyeol noticed your disappointed face and placed his big hand on your shoulder and slightly shook you, “Come on, what’s with the sad face? You’re on a date with Park Chanyeol, you should be ecstatic!”

You looked at the giant like he was crazy. “Ecstatic? You? Please.” You rolled your eyes. “I’m more bothered and annoyed.”

“Why?” Chanyeol pouted, actually hurt.

You examined his face, then chuckled and flicked his forehead. “Just kidding, you dimwit.” You smiled affectionately.

You didn’t know why, but Chanyeol made you feel comfortable and less, sad. He made you feel happy and that life actually wasn’t that bad.

Chanyeol rubbed his forehead, the pout still on his handsome face. “You’re mean.”

“And you’re annoying.” You stuck out your tongue at him, then took another bite of your ice cream.

~*~*~

“Two tickets for ‘Valentine’s Day’ please!” Chanyeol beamed at the bored old lady in the ticket booth.

Behind him, you were rolling your eyes and looking around. Not that unexpected, Chanyeol had decided to take you to the cinema to watch a movie.

It had been ages since you had been to the cinema and honestly, you kinda liked it. Even though you used to go to the cinema with your mother and father, the memory of that didn’t hurt as much as you expected.

“Ta-dah!” Chanyeol exclaimed and held the two tickets in front of you. You examined the two piece of paper and raised a mocking brow, “We’re watching a movie called ‘Valentine’s Day’ on Valentine’s day, wow, that’s not ironic at all.” You mused.

Chanyeol snorted and put down the tickets, “Be glad you get to watch it with me.”

“Oh yes, I’m ecstatic.” You chuckled and clinged onto his arm like a koala. “Oppa is so handsome~” you sarcastically sang and looked up at Chanyeol with ‘dreamy’ eyes, then let go and chuckled.

“Oh, Hannah, I forgot how funny you can be.” Chanyeol dryly said.

“Come on, don’t be such a wet blanket. Let’s go in.” you pushed him with your shoulder towards the entrance.

~*~*~

“OHMYGOD, THAT MOVIE WAS AWESOME!” Chanyeol exclaimed as you excited the cinema. 

You chuckled and nodded in agreement. “It was better than I expected.”

“BETTER THAN EXPECTED!? IT WAS FREAKING DOPE!” Chanyeol corrected.

During the whole movie, Chanyeol’s loud and hysteric laughter had been the only thing you could hear in the saloon.  One old lady behind you even had to hush him. Chanyeol, whose face had gotten red in embarrassment, lowered his head and stuffed his face with popcorn quietly.

The whole scene had been quite entertaining for you had it was now your turn to laugh. Though, the reminder that was the old lady behind you, didn’t let you utter even slight noise.

“The lady behind us though.” You snorted. Chanyeol’s eyes widened at the mention of her, then his face got as red as tomato again.  

At the sight of Chanyeol’s flustered face, you had to try to keep yourself from laughing, knowing it would upset him.

You two kept walking down the streets of the city, not really saying anything, just enjoying each other’s company.  There was no awkward silence, just the sound of cars honking and people chatting.

“Are you hungry?” Chanyeol then asked, not to break the silence, but he was just simply curious. And maybe his stomach was staring to growl silently, even though he had eaten a whole bucket of popcorn earlier.

“No, not really.” You shrugged, “Are you?”

Chanyeol meekly smiled and you sighed. “I know a small restaurant around here. Let’s go.”

“Yay!” Chanyeol excitedly clapped his hands as you lead the way. 

After that Chanyeol had gotten himself something in his growling stomach, you returned to just strolling around Seoul.

In the corner of his eye, Chanyeol observed you. You were biting your bottom lip slightly and your hair was curled behind your ear neatly. 

“Hey,” Chanyeol lightly nudged you with his elbow. You looked up at him with big eyes. “Let’s go to Banpo bridge.”

You blinked at him, “Banpo bridge? Not the Han river?”

“Why? You wanna go there instead?” Chanyeol asked and took another bite of his soon finished burger.  You shook your head, “No, personally, I think the Han river is so cliché and overrated. I mean, it’s nice and beautiful and all, but Banpo bridge is way more beautiful. Especially at night.” You confessed.

“Well then, Banpo bridge it is!” Chanyeol said and finished his burger in one bite.

~*~*~

A few bus rides and a whining Chanyeol later, you arrived by Banpo bridge. Above you, you could hear the sound of tires rolling against the hard asphalt. 

Chanyeol was nibbling on an ice cream you had gotten on the way here. How all that fit in his somehow still flat stomach was still a wonder to you.

“They’re not turning on the water lights?” you asked out loud, a little disappointed.

“Just wait.” Chanyeol calmly said.

As on cue, water shoot out from the bridge and beautiful, blue lights shone under them. It was pretty darn beautiful. The lights changed color from blue to green, from green to yellow, from yellow to red and from red to pink and so on.

In the background, you could hear a cheerful and cute melody flow. Unconsciously, you began to tap your foot with the beat.

You felt something nudge you in the side and you turned your head and saw Chanyeol reaching out his hand. “Wanna dance with me?” There was no fun or sign of joking on his face, he was plain serious.

Chuckling,  you took his hand. “Why not?” Chanyeol’s face lit up and he pulled you closer to him, placing his other hand on your hip and taking a better grip on your small, delicate hand.

For some reason, you felt your heart racing faster in your ribcage and you could no longer hear the music, only the sound of your thumbing heart filled your head.

Slowly, you both began to sway along to the music. “Fair warning though, I really can’t dance.” You meekly said.

Chanyeol chuckled and placed his hand on your back and slowly dipped you down, “Good thing I do.” He smirked.

When he pulled you up, you felt your whole face heat up. *Darn, it’s getting hot here.* you mentally fanned yourself.

Time really flew and the last thing you knew, it was past midnight.

“Oh my!” you gasped as you put your iphone back into your backpack. Chanyeol blinked at you, surprised. “What is it?”

“It’s 01:00 AM and we have school tomorrow!” you shrieked and began to power-walk back to the bus stop.

“So what? We could always ditch.” Chanyeol called from behind you, not wanting to end the date yet. He hadn’t even gotten a chance to tell you about how he felt.

“Ditch!? Are you literally out of your mind?” you almost yelled. “I have never ditched or missed a minute of school in my life and I won’t let a happy virus ruin that for me!” you began to tear your hair in frustration as you walked.

“Okay, okay, calm down.” Chanyeol said. “I can walk you home, that’s the least I can do for almost making you ditch.” He ironically said, though you didn’t catch up on the irony.

“You don’t have to do that, I can walk home by myself, thank you very much.” You said and sat down by the bus stop. The next bus would arrive in ten minutes and all you could do was to wait.

“I know, but I want to, so you don’t have a choice.” Chanyeol grinned and sat down next to you. He couldn’t hear what you said next, but he thought it was something like “stubborn virus”

Ten minutes passed quickly and the bus soon arrived. The both of you got on and sat down in the very back and you heaved an exhausted sigh as you sat down. You were stressed about not waking up tomorrow morning.

As soon as the bus got moving, you felt yourself feeling more and drowsier and soon, your eyelids fell shut and you drifted off into dreamland.

Your head kept bobbing from left to right lifelessly and Chanyeol clucked his tongue. He gently rolled your head over to his shoulder.  *Stupid girl, you shouldn’t stress so much over school. It’s not the whole world if you miss one day, if only you could understand that.*

He carefully caressed your hair, then let his fingertips slid down your face and to your pink, soft lips. If it was something he wanted more than anything, it was to caress them with his own and express how much he cared for you.

But then, he knew he could not do that. He was not sure if you even shared the same feelings and maybe you even still despised him like you used to. 

The bus came to a stop and Chanyeol realized you had to get off here, but he didn’t want to wake you up. So he carefully slipped his arm under your legs and the other one under your back and lifted you up. 

The whole walk to your apartment was kind of difficult. Chanyeol had a hard time trying to hold all of your limbs up. Your arms kept sliding down and legs kept falling out of his grasp.

But the toughest part was when he tried to open the door to your apartment. He had to put you down on the cold, hard floor for just a few seconds to fish up your keys from your backpack, then open the door, whilst holding you in his arms.

He thanked God you were a heavy sleeper.

When he finally put you down in your bed, he was exhausted. But the sight of your peaceful face, made up for it.

The last thing he thought before crashing in your bed, beside you, was *Best day of my life.*