What to do now?

Damn that Happy Virus

INFINITE - Can U Smile?

 

A small gush of wind passed your sleeping face and caused you to slightly wake up. Groggily you sat up, supporting your weight with one of your hand and using the other one to wipe some eye-buggers out of your eyes as you opened them slowly.

You looked around and were surprised that you were in your bedroom, in your bed. *How did I get here? Did Chanyeol take me here?* Scratching your head and yawning, you threw a quick glance at your alarm clock.

Your eyes widened in shock when you saw what time it was. Quickly, you got up from the bed stumbled towards the bathroom. *TEN AM! THE TEACHER’S GONNA KILL ME! OH DEAR GOD!* You panicked and applied some dry shampoo in your hair instead of taking a shower.

As you exited the bathroom, you got another shock when you noticed the giant figure lying in front of your bed, on the floor.

You  immediately recognized the golden brown pile and sighed. *He slept there, the whole time. He could’ve slept in the bed or the couch. Stupid virus.* You sighed and approached him.

Chanyeol jolted awake when you stuck your toe in his side. “NO, CHICKEN! NO!” he yelled and his eyes shot open.

You looked at him questionably, “What?”

He shook his head to wake himself up, then turned his head to look up at you. His face lit up and broke into a big smile. “Good morning, Hannah! Did you sleep well?”

“I overslept, you dufus! Now get up, we’re going.” You lightly kicked him in the side then stomped out of the room.

Chanyeol frowned and yawned. *So much for thanks for bringing her home.*

“You know, there’s no use with going there now. Might as well just go back to sleep.” Chanyeol suggested as he came into the kitchen, where you were pacing back and forth in front of the counter.

“Well, that’s not an option for me.” You said and began to nibble on your thumbnail.  “Why? Because of your clean record or whatever? Look,” Chanyeol put his both hands on your shoulders and looked you directly in the eye. “It’s okay. Your life isn’t going to end or your house isn’t going to burn down or your parents aren’t going to die, just because you miss ONE DAY of school, in your entire life. Trust me.”

Sighing heavily, you shook your head. Why did he have this affect on you?  “Park Chanyeol, only this once.” You held up your index finger and gave him a stern look.

Chanyeol’s face lit up and all the seriousness from before melted away. He nodded eagerly and let go of your shoulders. A loud yawn escaped his mouth and he stretched his arms, “Now,” he grabbed you by the waist and pulled you back towards the bedroom. “we’re going back to sleep.”

Your body jolted at his touch, but you wouldn’t let him make you miss out on study time. “We? I’m going to study, you can do whatever you want.” You shook him off you and went to get your books from your bag.

Chanyeol frowned, but he was too tired to care, so he lifelessly fell back onto your bed and wandered off into a world filled with warm blankets, food and black, long hair.

When he woke up, it was past noon. He looked around groggily and noticed that it was dark outside. His eyes widened, *HOW LONG DID I SLEEP?!*

At that time, you pushed open the door with your knee and walked in, holding a tray with soup. “Oh, you’re up.” You said like a statement.

“How long have I been sleeping!?” Chanyeol asked, his eyes bloodshot and hair frilly. “Ehm,” you glanced back at the clock by the kitchen counter, also putting the tray on the nightstand by bed. “7pm. Look, I wanted to wake you but you looked so peaceful and cu-“ you clasped your hand over your mouth as you realized what you almost had said.

Chanyeol stopped pacing back and forth in the room frantically and looked at you, eyes wide and jaw on the floor.  It didn’t take long for his surprised expression to turn into a big, mushy grin. “You just called me cute.”

You shook your head, “no, I didn’t.” You denied.

“Yes, you did. You thought I looked peaceful and cute while I slept.” His grin grew wider and he took a few steps closer to you.

“No, I was going to call you curious. You looked peaceful and curious.” You said, though your voice was shaking a little bit.

“Stop lying, you know what you said.” Chanyeol was now just a few inches away from you. You could feel his hot breath softly hit your face.

“No.”

“Yes.” This time, he poked one finger in your side, making you flinch.  *Oh no.* You gulped and nervously laughed.

You were enormously ticklish and Chanyeol had just found your most sensitive spot.

The gigantic grin on Chanyeol’s face grew even wider, if possible, and poked you once again.

You began to back away, “Now, Chanyeol, we don’t have to be like-GOD, STOP IT!” you shrieked as he stuck his finger in your side for the third time.

“Admit you thought I was cute!” he teased and poked you again and again. “Never!” you shouted as you ran out of the room, Chanyeol chasing after you.

“ADMIT IT!”

“NO!”

Suddenly, you felt something hit your legs and you plunged forward, landing on soft pillows. Yes, you had tripped over your couch.

Chanyeol, who didn’t get a chance to stop, also ran into the furniture and fell, believe it or not, over you. His chin hit your forehead and you winced.

“Ouch, my chin..” Chanyeol mumbled and rubbed his sore chin as he opened his eyes. He noticed he was lying on top of you and his heart began to race.

“Your chin? What about my forehead, huh?” you scoffed at gave Chanyeol a glare, totally unaffected by the position you were in at the moment.

He examined your forehead carefully and saw a small, purple mark take form. “Sorry.” He sheepishly said. His brown orbs then traveled from your forehead, over your face and down to your upper arm.

Your shirt had slid down slightly and there was some red marks that caught his attention. Without thinking, he took the arm of the shirt and pulled it down further, revealing more red marks. But now when he saw them closer, he realized it was scars.

“HEY!” you shrieked and violently pushed Chanyeol off you. You had been mesmerized by his deep, brown eyes and hadn’t realized that he was looking at your arm. So his action had brought you back to reality and when you saw him staring blankly at your scars, you instantly went into defense.

Chanyeol landed with a loud thud on the floor, but he didn’t move a muscle. He was too much in shock to care about his own pain at that moment. *Those scars…they looked like the ones you do to yourself. Is Hannah self-harming herself?* he looked up at you with hurt, disappointment and confusion written all over his handsome face.

You stood up from the couch and pulled Chanyeol up on his feet, totally ignoring the look he was giving you. “Well, it was good to have you here but I am quite busy so I think you have to go now.” You said as you kept pushing him towards the front door.

Chanyeol couldn’t move or say anything. He had lost the ability to form words with his mouth and make sentences. *Is Hannah depressed? Why would she do that?* billions of questions roamed through his head and when he finally learned how to speak again, you had just slammed the door in his face.

On the other side of the door, you let your back slid down against the wall, head buried in your hands and tears rolling down your cheeks. *. He knows. Well, maybe he didn’t see that much? Maybe I could give him a simple excuse?* you hoped. *Stupid. Even Chanyeol’s not that stupid to believe that.* You thought to yourself.

A loud groan in frustration escaped your mouth. *What am I gonna do?*