Friend

Damn that Happy Virus

 

Big Bang - Oh My Friend

 

 

You watched in both amusement and horror as the six boys ran round in your small kitchen.

They had insisted to make the food, even though you almost knocked Kai out again when you refused. 

“Hannah, where do you keep the bowls?” D.O asked as he searched through the different cupboards.

“It’s Hannah-ssi. And I’ll only show you if you get out of my apartment and kitchen, for that matter.” You stubbornly said.

D.O stared at you for a while, then turned back to search through the cupboards, not saying anything.

You unknowingly pouted and slumped down on the couch with your arms crossed over your chest.

Sehun yelped as Kai pressed his cold hand against his neck. Chanyeol and Baekhyun splashed water on each other and D.O and Suho just clucked their tongues at their friends.

“Let’s start with the vegetables.” D.O said and skillfully began to chop the different vegetables.

You watched him in amazement.  You had thought you were good, but after seeing D.O you highly doubted that you even qualified as ‘good’.

“I’ll fry the meat.” Suho said and the stove and threw small pieces of meat into the pan.

The others were just fooling around, splashing water on each other. It was like if D.O and Suho were in their own bubble.

You appreciated the help, really. But you felt like they were invading your personal space, still you did not have the guts to ask them to leave.

Chanyeol noticed your troubled expression and stopped splashing water on Sehun. He sat down next to you on the couch with a soft look. “Is something wrong?”

You looked up, not expecting Chanyeol to be there and sighed while shaking your head. “Nope, everything’s just fine.” You stood up and headed for the balcony by the couch.

“Where are you going?” he asked and also got up.

“I need a smoke.” You replied and stepped out, the cold winter air hitting you right in the face. Closing the door behind you, you could see Chanyeol giving you a disapproving look through the glass window.

“Oh, knock it off.” You rolled your eyes and fished up a stick from the package.

Chanyeol frowned even more when he saw you on the cigarette, the blowing the smoke against the window.  It was as if you were mocking him.

“Chanyeol, stop creeping on her and get your over here and help us with the food.” Kai called. D.O had signed him up for seasoning the beef and he sure didn’t want to do it alone.

“I’m not creeping on her!” Chanyeol defended and turned away from the window and trudged over to the small kitchen area, where the rest of the boys were.

You spun around and looked over the view of the city that was called Seoul. It was beautiful, you had to admit.

You brought the cigarette to your lips and inhaled the bittersweet nicotine, before throwing it over the rail of the balcony.

When you got back, everyone was shouting and laughing. D.O was chasing Kai, who in order was laughing like a hyena.

“What happened?” you asked.

Sehun blinked at you as he was laughing, “You don’t want to know, trust me.”

You just shrugged, “Okay.”

~*~*~*~

You all ate the food the boys had done and you had to admit, it was delicious. You were surprised that they could even cook.

“D.O hyung, your cooking is the best.” Sehun gave him a tired smile as he patted his still flat stomach.

D.O gave the maknae a cocky grin as he took everyone’s empty plates, “Of course, I’m the best so it’s only fair if my cooking is as well.”

Suho cleared his throat and gave D.O a look. D.O meekly smiled at the leader, “Well, Suho hyung is also great.”

They all laughed at D.O’s flustered and Suho smiled in victory.

It was the first time you got to spend Christmas together with someone and it felt…good.  But since it was your first having so many people in your small apartment, you began to feel slightly claustrophobic. 

Chanyeol sensed this and an idea formed in his head. He lightly elbowed you and you flinched, “Hey, I’ve got an idea.”

“How good for you.” You replied and looked away, shifting in your seat uncomfortably.

Chanyeol frowned, “What if we get out of here, eh?” he raised an eyebrow.

You sent him a look, “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“I don’t know, what do you think?”

“It sounds like you’re trying something dirty on me.”

“Hey, what are you two whispering about?” Baekhyun eyed the two of you suspiciously.

“Hannah just told me she’s running out of cigarettes.” Chanyeol quickly replied. You shoot the boy glares and mentally strangled him.

“Really?” Baekhyun raised  a brow.

“Yeah, and she asked me to accompany her to buy some.” He continued. You mentally face-palmed and shook your head.

Before the others could say anything, Chanyeol grabbed your hand and quickly lead you out of the apartment. 

A small, evil chuckle escaped the tall boy’s lips as he closed the front door behind him.

You sent him a weird look, “What was that good for?”

“What?” he blinked at you.

“Lying about me needing cigarettes. Why did you do that?”

Chanyeol put his hands in his pockets and shrugged, “Because I noticed how uncomfortable you were with everyone in there and I just thought you needed to get some space or whatever.”

Your gaze softened. He could actually see when you were feeling claustrophobic. Never had anyone ever noticed that about you. You would always have to point it out and even when you did, they didn’t do anything to help you.

Suddenly, you felt something warm wrap around your tiny hand. You looked down and saw a large hand, holding yours.

You instantly socked your elbow into Chanyeol’s stomach and he quickly let go.

“Don’t touch me.”

Chanyeol clutched his stomach, gasping for air. “Okay.”

~*~*~

“Hey, can I ask you something?” Chanyeol asked and sipped on his hot chocolate.

“Shoot away.” You said and took a puff from your newly bought cigarette. 

After all, you went and bought a pack of cigarettes, because you never knew when you were going out again.  It was freezing cold outside and you were quickly making your way back to the apartment.

“Can I be your friend?”

The question made you inhale too much smoke and you fell into a coughing fit.

Chanyeol abruptly stopped in his tracks and began to pat your back. “Calm down, I was only asking.”

You stopped coughing and looked up at Chanyeol. You had been taken aback by his question.

Friend. The word was foreign to you.  Still, it felt kind of nice.

“But if you don’t want to be friends, I completely understand-“ Chanyeol began.

“Sure.” You shrugged and began to walk.

Chanyeol stared at your walking figure for a while in belief , then went to catch up with you. “Just to get something right, when you said ‘sure’, what did you mean?”

You chuckled and looked up at him, shaking your head. “I meant, sure, you can be my friend.” You took another puff of your cigarette, then threw it away.

Chanyeol’s whole face lit up, like a kid on Christmas morning. Before you knew it, the giant had pulled you into a bone-crushing hug.

“Thank you, so much!” he almost yelled. People that were passing by gave you weird looks.

“Don’t touch me.” You said and pushed him away, but you had a affectionate smile on your lips.

Oh, Chaerom would kill you if she knew what just happened. But, Chaerom was the last person you thought about in this moment.

Because the only thing you could think about was that stupid, tall, giant who stood before you, smiling like an idiot.

--------

 

Sorry for not updating this fic in a while ;; But I'll try to update more frequently from now on! 

Subscribers and comments are loved to death!