The plan is in work

Damn that Happy Virus

 

With a sigh, you slumped down at your regular spot in the cafeteria. Because of the special day, they served chocolate and candy after you’ve eaten your regular food.

Even though it was Valentines based candy, you still eat the food quickly and got the chocolate. Hey, who could say no to chocolate?

“Hannah!” you spun around, your face stuffed with chocolate and saw Exo-K happily waving at you in the other side of the cafeteria.  They walked up to you and sat down by your table.

D.O burst out laughing when he saw that the whole area around your mouth was smothered with chocolate. Kai and Sehun followed suit.

Even Suho and Baekhyun had a hard time holding their laughter. “Hannah…what have you done?” Suho asked.

“They’re handing out free chocolates. What do you think?” you retorted. Then you noticed that the happy virus wasn’t there. “Hey, where’s Chanyeol?”

“Chaerom’s been chasing him all day, so he’s probably hiding in the men’s bathroom.”  Baekhyun said.

You nodded and chuckled, “But they would make a good couple though.”

Kai straightened up and made a face, “Ew, don’t make me think about it. Chaerom’s so…clingy and she’s not even that pretty like basically every male in this school thinks.”

“Wow, that’s some big words, coming from you.” D.O said.

“What do you mean by that?” Kai glared at his friend.

“Nothing, mister “I’ve-only-gone-out-with-all-the-girls-in-the-school”.” D.O mimicked.

“Why you little-“ Kai growled and lunged for his friend. But Sehun was quick and grabbed Kai by the back of his shirt. “Calm down, dude. He’s only telling the truth.”

“Oh, shut up. Actually, I haven’t gone out with all the girls in the school. There’s one left.” Kai sent you a seductive wink.

You gave Kai a disgusted look and stuffed your face with more chocolate.   “And it’ll stay that way.” You scoffed.

Suddenly, the cafeteria was filled with an ear-piercing scream.  You all turned your head towards the entrance and saw a tall boy, standing in front of a crying girl.

“But oppa! I love you!” the girl cried and looked up at the boy in devastation and hurt. Her make-up was smothered all over her face, making her look like a witch.

“I’m sorry, Chaerom. But I don’t feel the same way, my heart belongs to someone else.” Chanyeol said and glanced at you in the corner of his eye. You were staring at him and Chaerom, curious what was going on.

Chaerom ranked her fingers through her hair, then looked to the side and saw you. She then noticed Chanyeol’s loving glance at you and then it went up for her.  Her whole body filled with hatred and resentment. 

“It’s that , right?” she said through gritted teeth. Chanyeol spun his head and glared at her, “What?”

Chaerom shook her head and plastered a fake smile, “Nothing, oppa. I’ll see you around. Bye.” She curtly said and left.

Chanyeol blinked at her, then shrugged. *Must’ve heard wrong.*

“YO! CHANYEOL! OVER HERE!” Kai raised his hand and called Chanyeol over. Chanyeol happily skipped over to your table and slumped down next to you.

“What was that all about?” Suho asked.

“Chaerom confessed to me and I turned her down.” Chanyeol shrugged and stole one of your chocolates. “Hey!” you complained.

D.O stared at Chanyeol with wide eyes and jaw on the ground, “You turned down Chaerom? The hottest girl in school? YOU CRAZY?!”

Suho lightly slapped D.O over the head. “What?” yelped D.O. Suho nodded towards Chanyeol. D.O blinked and turned his head.

Chanyeol was gently tucking a strand of hair behind your ear as you devoured all the chocolate. His eyes were soft as he watched every move you made, completely ignoring everything else that was going on around him. The only thing that mattered was you.

“Oh.” D.O said in realization. “Yeah.” Suho proudly nodded and crossed his arms over his chest.

You noticed everyone around the table staring at you and looked up, “What? Do I have something on my face?”

“Besides chocolate? No, absolutely nothing.” Kai scoffed. “Shut up, you cat.” You mumbled and wiped your mouth with your sleeve.

“Cat?” Kai raised a curious eyebrow.

“Yeah, I’ve come to the conclusion that you are a cat. You look like one and you act like one, too. All mischievous and .” You shrugged.

“Aw~ Then I’m your kitten.” He winked and you made a disgusted face.

“BUT WHAT ABOUT ME!? WHAT AM I!?” Chanyeol tugged harshly on your sleeve.

“Hmm…” you studied Chanyeol for a bit, then said, “Happy virus.” 

Chanyeol’s face fell in disappointment, while the other boys burst out laughing.

You stood up and took your tray, “Well, I have a class now. See you.” You turned around and left. “See you, honey bunny!” Kai called after you.  “Ouch! Chanyeol!” Kai sneered and rubbed his head while glaring at Chanyeol, who looked away innocently.

“What? I didn’t do anything!” Chanyeol flabbergasted, faking innocence.

“Yeah, right.” Kai mumbled.

~*~*~

“Class, remember the assignments I gave yesterday, I want those in by Monday. Don’t forget!” The teacher finally said before slamming her books down on the desk, signaling class was now over.

You quickly gathered your books and strutted out of the classroom.

All over the school you could see couples making out and being all lovey-dovey towards each other and it made you feel sick. *Talk about loving PDA.*

As you were putting your books back into your locker and pulling out your backpack, you could feel a presence behind you. Spinning around, you didn’t see anyone. *Weird.* You thought and closed your locker.

“Hey!”

You jumped slightly in shock and clutched your beating heart.  Chanyeol tilted his head curiously, a playful grin on his lips. “Did I startle you?”

“No , Sherlock.” You scoffed and exhaled.

Chanyeol snickered and slung an arm around your shoulders and pulled you closer to him, “But on a more serious note, we’re going out.”

“In your dreams, loser.” You snickered and pushed him away from you. “I have to study.”

“Come on! All you ever do is study! Have you ever heard of social company?” Chanyeol whined.

“Very funny and yes, I’ve heard it’s quite overrated.”

“Well, it’s not. So stop being a wet blanket and come with me!”

“No, you old man.” You socked your elbow lightly in his stomach and headed for the exit. 

Chanyeol doubled over in pain, only acting he was of course. His eyes turned into slits as he watched the short girl power-walk away from him.  He reached towards the pockets on his pants and pulled up a walkie-talkie that he had bought just for this occasion.  

“Awesome-Chanyeol-Ninja to Egg-And-Bacon, the object is showing signs of rejection. Over.” He said as he straightened up.

“Copied.  Me and Younger-Lisping-Brat are waiting by the transporter. Dancing Machine and Shorty-Eye-Dude are after her. Over.” A voice responded through the talkie.

“Good. We’ll meet up with Grandpa at the spot.” Chanyeol said and he was about to put the talkie back into his pocket, when he heard a voice scream through it; “HEY! I CAN ALSO HEAR YOU!”

“Geez, calm down, leader hyung.” Baekhyun’s calm voice was heard.

Chanyeol snickered and turned the device off as he put it back into his pocket. He began to calmly walk towards the exit, when he suddenly heard a voice screaming outside.

“HEY! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? KAI, D.O! LET GO OF ME! WHAT ARE YOU-ACK!”

And so was Chanyeol’s big plan in work.