A helping hand

Damn that Happy Virus

 

After a several trips to the nursery room and a whining Chanyeol later, you had been told to stay in your room for the rest of the trip and just be calm.

You glanced down at your leg that was now in a cast. It had turned out you had twisted your ankle when you fell and you had several, small bruises on your back and the back of your head.

You reached up and touched your neck and winced at the touch.  Chanyeol walked into the bathroom and gasped, “The doctor told you not to touch the bruises or they would hurt more!” he nagged and approached you.

You rolled your eyes and stood up. “For the last time, it wasn’t a doctor; it was the school’s nurse.” You exited the bathroom and Chanyeol followed, like a puppy.

“Still. She told you to stay in here and-“

“I know, I was there.”

Chanyeol sent you a look, “just relax.” He finished.

“I am fully capable of doing that, just so you know.” You crossed your arms over your chest.

Chanyeol nodded, “I know-“

“But I can only relax on one condition.” You held up your index finger in front of him.

“And what is that, my fine lady?” Chanyeol excitedly asked.

“I must be alone.”

“But you are alone now!” Chanyeol beamed, not getting it.

You sighed, “Chanyeol, get out.” You pointed towards the front door. The male’s face fell.  “W-w-w-what?” he stuttered.

“You heard me, please get out.” You repeated, trying to sound a little bit nicer this time.

“Why?” he pouted. Somehow, you had to fight yourself to not to pinch his cheeks.

You feigned a headache and rubbed your temples. Chanyeol panicked, “Okay, I get it!” he quickly scurried out of the room.

“Hehe~” you mischievously giggled and laid down on the big bed and spread your arms, ignoring the slight pain.

This was the first time you had gotten a chance to be alone during this trip and you felt relieved. But for some reason, without the company of either Chanyeol or Kai, you felt slightly empty.

Weird, you thought. Pushing the empty feeling away for a moment, you reached towards the book by your bedside table.

*Time to study!* You smiled to yourself and flipped open the book.

*What kind of food does she like?* Chanyeol deeply thought as he glanced at the table in front of him. There were different kinds of food placed over the oval and everything looked delicious, according to Chanyeol.

*Aish, this is so hard!* he hissed under his breath and stomped his feet.

“Oppa, what are you doing?” he heard a voice ask behind him.

Chanyeol spun around and sheepishly smiled, rubbing the back his head in embarrassment.  “Nothing, just saw a spider.”

The female made a face, “Ew, spiders. Good thing you killed it.” She smiled widely, almost too widely for it to be pretty, at him.

*Why is she always around me? Doesn’t she have friends or something?* he said to himself and almost frowned, but didn’t want the girl to raise suspicions.

“But oppa, what are you doing?” Chaerom chirped and rocked back and forth on her heels.

Just then, Chanyeol saw Baekhyun passing by behind Chaerom and a light bulb appeared at the top of his head. He waved at Baekhyun and Chaerom raised a brow, “What is that, Baekhyun!? You want me to go with you to the bathroom!? Okay! Sorry Chaerom got to go.” Chanyeol quickly said to Chaerom and power-walked away from the girl.

When he approached Baekhyun, he breathed out in relief. “Dear God, that was close.” Baekhyun sent him a puzzled look, “What are you talking about? And why are you and I going to the toilet together? Dude, I’m straight.”

At the same time, you were almost falling asleep in your room. You had tried to solve and excavation, but you had never been good in math and therefore, you gave up.  

Stupid math. You frowned and threw the book you were reading away. It landed gracefully on the coffee table near the couch and you cheered to yourself.

Maybe you should try and get something to eat? Your stomach grumbled in response.

You carefully hoped out of the bed and grabbed the crutches the hotel had given you by the bedside. Careful so that you wouldn’t put so much weight on your leg, you got up with the help of the crutches and began to make your way towards the front door.

It was difficult to walk at first, but you quickly got the hang of it and you had a hard time thinking this was your first time with crutches, but of course, it was.

You eventually entered the big dining room and glanced around. On several tables the chefs had put out several delicious dishes. You immediately felt your mouth water at the food and limped over to the table closest to you.

Because of the crutches, it was pretty difficult to put up food on your plate and at the same time trying not to fall.

“Need help?” Chanyeol appeared by your side and put his arm around your waist so that you could keep your balance.

You stiffened at his touch and quickly got the food you wanted. “I’m perfectly fine, thank you.” You mumbled and tried to break free from his grasp.

Chanyeol sent you a firm look, “You shouldn’t be out of bed. I thought you heard what the nurse said.” He let go of you, but snatched your plate away from you, “I’ll help you back.”

“You don’t have too, I’m doing perfectly fine without your help.” You said and tried to get your plate back, but your crutches under your arms, slash in your armpits, forbid you.

Sighing, you shook your head, “Fine.” Chanyeol beamed happily at you. “It’s good we share the same room, so that I don’t have to be separated from you.” He sang.

You pretended to puke, “So cheesy.”  

“You know you love it.” He winked and formed a gun with his index finger and thumb and pretended to shoot you.

You rolled your eyes, but inside, you felt warm that he had decided to help you.

What you didn’t know, was that a figure lurked in the dark corner of the hall and had seen everything.

Why was the loner, the cold, bullied girl, actually talking to the kingka and her love interest, Chanyeol? Just the image of you two together made her blood boil and she glared daggers at you.

*Shim Hannah, you better be prepared.*

 

-------

Sorry for not updating in a while, but I recently got sick and I now spend my days by lying on the couch, feeling sorry for myself. 

Also, have you guys seen Super Junior - M's comeback video? omfg feels everywhere

And now, if you excuse me, I will go back to ally leaning over the toilet seat.