Curiosity

Like Someone in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

We spent the whole night, talking. And there's no words I could use to describe Park Sandara. She is amusing. She is the first girl I've ever adored and admired like this. I feel like, I could stay for hours or even days just talking to her or starring at her, watching her laugh or curse or badmouthing some people. I don't hate it. I like it. I like the fact that she is always straight forward. She is honest, but just not so honest if it's about her own life.

 

I could say she doesn't open up to me. She is still a mystery. A big complicated mystery that I'm dying to solve.

 

I just woke up at the sound of music that is being played all night. I turned the volume down and looked out the window right beside my bed, it's still early in the morning so I closed the blinds again.

 

Then I lay back down on my bed, turning my body to face this beautiful girl leaning next to me. She is so beautiful, she is. I stare and keep starring at her, there's something bugging me. She looks pretty but she looks sad as well.

 

I hesitated at first but then I made my hand reached her face. I her cheeks and I unintentionally touched her lips. My heart rate increased by the time I did it. Her lips are red like cherry and it tensed me up.

 

I withdrawed my hand slowly as I saw her opening her eyes and caught me starring at her. I gave her an awkward smile. She replied me with a peck on my nose.

 

"You know, you wake up when someone is starring at you. How long have you been starring at me?"

 

"Not so long." My voice cracked.

 

She chuckled.

 

"Why did you stare at me, Chaerin?"

 

"Coz.... You look so... Beautiful."

 

She chuckled again and this time I saw her slightly blushing. It looks weird to see someone like her blushed. She must have received many good compliments about her beauty but she just blushed when I praised her once again. I start to believe more of the fact that she likes me.

 

"I'm glad I didn't do anything to you last night."

 

"What did you want to do?"

 

She smirked.

 

"Something that would be the first time for you."

 

"I.... I wouldn't mind."

 

She now giggled over my reaction. Now I'm confused.

 

"No, Chaerin. You're too precious for that. I don't want to even touch you with my dirty hands."

 

She then laughed. I really don't understand what's funny from this conversation but when I watch over her, the more I feel weird and sure that there's something about this girl I should find out really soon.

 

"Your hands are not dirty. You're so flawless. Everybody wants to be touched by you."

 

She stopped laughing and starred at me with her suddenly sadened eyes. She then blushed again and looked away from me. "See? You're too precious." She muttered to herself.

 

"I'm not precious. Why you keep saying that?"

 

"Because you are. You're.... You're the first person who ever makes me feel that I'm actually something, like I'm loved, I'm important."

 

I chuckled, "Everybody loves you, even the professors, they keep praising you. Your friends, you always have fun with them. Your parents..."

 

She scoffed and rubbed her temple, "My parents?"

 

"Uh?"

 

She got up and started rubbing her face and eyes as she is backing me.

 

"Did I say something wrong?" I also got up and reached for her arm.

 

She just give me chuckles instead of answering my question.

 

"Dara?"

 

"Uhm, no you didn't. And I think, it's time to tell you a little part of my story." She turned her head and looked at me. She is crying but she is hiding it from me. I sat next to her and looked at her worriedly, "Are you okay?"

 

She nodded.

 

"It's been a while since I cry in front of someone, since..." She opened up the blinds and the sky is brighter than it was before. "Since my mom's funeral."

 

 

#Flashback

 

I was eight years old back then, I just came home from course and my nanny was out to buy me dinner coz mom was sick though she was a great cook. She wasn't Physically sick but she was mentally ill and I still clearly remember why...

 

My dad was cheating on my mom. He had an affair with my aunt, my mom's little sister.

 

I ran to my mom's working room to greet her, to show her my drawing from school. I won my first drawing competition and mom was the person I wanted to give the news first.

Then I saw her, as usual, sitting on her couch, smoking. But that evening, it was different. She was wearing a very elegant red dress. I didnn't know why she wears it, I didn't really care coz I didn't know anything. I just wanted to show her my drawing.

 

As I approached her, she smiled to me, giving me a warm hug. Then I showed her my drawing. She didn't say anything but I heard she whispered to me, 'Dara, be a good girl. I love you so much. Don't hate your father.'

 

I just said yes. And then she let go of me. Then I saw a gun on the table next to her. I stepped backward as she told me to. My ey

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter