I just want to feel less pain

Like Someone in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I was meeting Seungri for some occasions. 

 

Of course to get some drugs from him to calm me down, that’s probably the best excuse I could give for myself. I can’t sleep, I can’t concentrate, I rarely listen to what people say, in this state, including Dara. And guess what? Dara has already known about it.

It happened maybe 3 weeks ago when Seungri and I were getting wasted in public bathroom. Dara broke the door, came out of nowhere. She got very mad. She hit Seungri so hard but that boy didn’t once reply her and he ended up in the hospital.

I told Dara what happened. I told her everything and she finally told me she understood but made me promise not to take more dose. She didn’t want me to end up as an addict but I doubt it. I’m already addicted to the weed. What can I do now? I just need it.

 

It’s been a month and ten days, and I haven’t heard about dad nor seen mom.

 

I even doubt if I’m still having passion in art anymore. This whole thing has messed with my entire life. I’ve been living in Dara’s house and haven’t met mom yet. She is so hard to be reached. I called her a couple of times but she didn’t pick it up and once she answered the call she told me to stop calling her in the meantime. She said she needed to be alone. I’m so worried about mom.

 

Dara gave me ride to home, to grab some of my stuffs. It was also just an excuse by the way. I’m not really concern about the stuffs I left. I just want to take a look at that house. I want to know whether dad is still living there or not, if something changed.

 

“Are you sure you don’t want me to go with you?” Dara asked. She looks obviously worried. I hate it when she gives me that look on her face. And yes she has been doing it, giving that ‘are you okay’ face.

I just nodded my head, but not really sure. I’m actually scared. I don’t even know why the hell I asked her to drive me here in the first place.

 

She tilted her head and starred at me carefully again, “Chae?” once she called my name. I lifted my head and our eyes met deeply into each other. This time, I’m really not sure.

 

“Accompany me…” I finally said it.

 

She drew a relieved smile and turned off the car engine. We got out of the car and she walked behind me, letting me lead her in. I opened the door, it’s not locked and I noticed somebody is inside. I guess I hear a woman’s voice.

 

I opened the door widely.

 

Dara took a step right beside me and snuggled onto my arm. “Should we go?” she muttered.

I’m still shutting my eyes opened witnessing the scene in front of my eyes, very painful yet saddening. It disgusts me.

Dad has brought that woman he banged home. She is pregnant and she is sitting on the same spot where mom usually sat on the couch. Dad is sitting beside her, embracing his muscular arm around her and they were doing a thing before they saw my appearance.

 

Dad’s pretty stunned. His moustache started moving down. He looks unhappy. “Where the hell have you been?” he yelled suddenly, startling all of us. He left his spot and approached me. Dara held my arm and moved a bit forward to block dad’s way but I pushed her aside. I really want to face my dad right now.

 

“It seems like you’re busy enough not to look for me, dad. So why bother to ask?” I said right in front of his face.

He grunted and then his eyeballs move to the other side, he is scowling fiercely at Dara. I glanced up at her. As usual, she does look like enjoying it when people are not happy about her. She is starring at my dad with a slight smirk. I bet that makes dad more furry now.

 

“Stay away from my daughter you brat!” dad pushed Dara backward but Dara is far stronger than she looks. Dad wants to push her away from the house but I stopped him. I blocked his way from getting at my girlfriend.

 

“Dad! Don’t stick your nose on my life anymore. You don’t have the right. Remember you’re wrecking your own family so you’re even worse than anybody, even worse than those criminals you’ve captured!”

 

Dad lifted his hand and about to slap me but he stopped. He clenched his fist and his eyes get teary. I might sound like a now but really, I don’t buy those tears.

 

“Sweetheart?” the woman popped out from inside the house. I want to vomit when she called my dad like that. Dad turned his head at her and waved his hand, asked her to go inside. I smirked, “Congrats for being a new dad, dad!” I said cynically.

Dara can’t help the chuckle but she covered quickly before things get worse.

 

“Listen to me, Chae. You will regret it! You will soon come back home! You don’t belong with her. And you…” Dad pointed at Dara. “You’re just ruining my daughter and you know that…” he said and then he went back inside, slamming the door.

 

“Do I ruin you?” Dara asked, as a joke. It’s been a while since I stay with her and I like her joke so I giggled instead of offended.

I held her hand, “Let’s go away from here.” I told her. She kissed me in a flash and she squeezed my hands.

 

“Let’s have something taste good…”

 

“Or feel good…”

 

She shook her head, “Not now. It’s still daylight. Let’s not waste the daytime. We could do it all night long… uh, I mean, me. You will not do it all night long because you’re my baby and you can’t…” she said and kissed me again.

Then I noticed a rock on my yard. I got an idea. I bend down and grabbed the rock.

 

“Chaerin? Don’t!” Dara’s face tell me that she already has the clue of what would happen next.

 

I raised my eyebrow and grinned. I clenched the rock between my fingers and start my position to throw it through the window of my house.

Dara covered with both her hands, “You’re kidding!” she yelped.

 

“Watch me!” I said and swing the rock. It flew right through the window and it made a big cracking sound and a squeal coming from inside the house. I grabbed Dara’s hand and we ran back to the car.

Dad comes out of the house, yelling unknown words at us. We’re just laughing loudly inside the car as Dara is getting all panic turning on the engine because dad’s coming this way and he’s getting nearer.

 

“Be quick he’s coming!!!” I squeaked as I’m laughing.

 

Dara drove away as the engine is on. I’m still laughing as hell. I don’t know why I just can’t stop laughing. This supposed to be hurt but why am I laughing?

I get my stomach hurt because of the incredible laughter. I looked at Dara and she has stopped laughing. She is slowing down the speed and just looked at me carefully. She looks worried again.

 

“Hey stop it, are you alright?” she asked worriedly.

 

I coughed and stopped laughing, and realized tears have fall down from my eyes without I’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter