A Certain Romance

Like Someone in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ever since, I’ve grown so much feeling for Park Sandara, a feeling that I’ve never felt before. It feels so genuine, and pure and so addictive. I can’t think straight whenever I’m watching her. I’ve become a giant stalker. It’s not cute at all because this is no high school. I thought I should stop but when I tried to stop, , I can’t. Her face keeps bugging me.

 

I need to know about her more. I need to know her really soon. But, problem is… I just don't have the nerve to even start a conversation with her. Like I said, I’ve never felt this before means I’ve never done thing like this, being an admirer.

 

Don’t even ask me to greet or talk to her, just seeing her from far away, just watching her already makes my heart flutter, the heart rate increase rapidly when she is around and my palms are sweating. So, how am I supposed to even start talking to her if I can’t even open my mouth when she is there?

 

I just realized how close Minzy are with her group, Sandara and her friends. They are all seniors but seems like they’ve known Minzy well too. I always envy them. I always envy how close they are with Sandara. I wonder if I could become closer to her as well.

 

The thing is, when is that gonna happen?

 

I really like her, even I don’t know anything about her, I like her already.

 

 

“, is that Sandara?” Minzy squealed and at the same time I jumped from my seat, standing in front of my canvas to hide my painting from her that is already too late.

 

“How did you get here?” I asked in wary.

 

She pointed at my door, “It wasn’t even locked. I called your name several times but this song is ing loud.” she turned off my tape and then the room suddenly went silent.

 

Minzy is smirking. She keeps tilting her head and tries to peek on the canvas behind me. She pushed me aside and I finally let her to have a look.

 

“You’re ed up…. You’re in love with her.” She said as her eyes are dazzling looking at my painting.

 

“No. It’s just… I want to do something really good for this assignment. Professor Kim asked us to create something amusing, something beautiful and somewhat people can admit so… Then I…”

 

“You think Sandara is beautiful, amusing and everybody admits so.” She finished my sentence and she got it all right.

 

I’m blushed in a second.

 

“It doesn’t mean anything, trust me, it’s just a painting.” I said and pushed Minzy away from my painting. She hasn’t stopped smirking and she is watching over me, making me even more nervous and embarrassed.

 

“Don’t tell me you like her.” She murmured.

 

I scratched my temple, “I… uh…”

 

“! You like her. Why didn’t you tell me? I feel like such a bad friend. All this time, I never offered you to come with us. Okay, from now on, I’m gonna bring you and introduce you to her, and to the others as well….”

 

I hold onto Minzy’s jacket, “No no no… it’s not necessary. I don’t exactly like her. I’m only… you know, admire her, for her works and… yeah she is beautiful.”

 

“You like her, Chaerin. It’s all written on your face.” She said with a little naughty smile.

 

Then she approached my painting again and smiled brightly, “I think you should ask professor if this is gonna be able to be shown in the exhibition.” She said to me.

 

I smirked and smacked her head lightly, “That’s not gonna happen. It’s not even finished yet.”

 

“Still two weeks to go before exhibition. You can do it, Chaerin. Or if you don’t want to do it, I’m gonna do it for you.”

 

“Do what?”

 

“Do the thing that could make this painting shown in the exhibition.” She said firmly and then she just never stops smiling at me. She is teasing me all the time, bragging about Sandara and then she starts telling me about her. About what she likes, what kind of music she loves, what book she reads, what type of person she dislikes, everything.

 

 

***

 

 

Finally. Exhibition day. I’m so nervous because my professor loved my works and he insisted to show it in the exhibition even though I was against it because…. You know there’s no words can define this embarrassment.

Of course, I didn’t show it to my other classmates. I showed it to my professor in his office so that nobody will see it because if they see it, oh my God, they’re not gonna stop talking about it.

 

Drawing a face of your utterly famous and goddess-like senior for your assignment is just way too weird. If they’re normal they will assume in second that either I have a thing with Sandara or… I’m just another freaky stalker and they will stay away from me.

 

Luckily, my professor didn’t ask me anything about it. He just said, “This is really beautiful. A perfect work. What did you feel when you drew this?”

 

And I answered him, “I felt blast.” What a quirky answer.

 

I’m walking around to see the other projects that are shown in the hall. No way I’m gonna come visit my own painting because it’s too embarrassing.

 

Then I heard some laughter. When I found where the sound came from, it came from a group of teenagers, Sandara’s group. They’re watching my painting. I looked away and feel so nervous. What did they laugh about?

 

“Hey stop it!” someone yelled.

 

I turned around. It was Minzy. She is stopping one of them from scratching my painting with marker but it’s already ruined.

 

“What have you done?”

 

“I’m sorry I was just joking. I didn’t mean to do it for real but she pushed me so it happened.” He said in apologetic way as he blamed the other girl behind him. That girl quickly talked back to him, not wanting to be blamed.

 

They start to argue and it makes a quiet loud sound, and in a second they’ve already become the center of attention. The security that is watching over the exhibition came to them and asked them to leave immediately.

 

When they left, I’m about to look over my painting, how ruined it is but them I stopped. Sandara appeared out of nowhere. She wasn’t even in the group when they were there but she is suddenly here. She is looking at my painting, looking at herself.

 

I’m just waiting, standing behind the wall, waiting for her reaction with my heart beating like crazy. She turned around and started to look around as if she knows that someone is watching her.

She bended over to look at the name of the owner but she straightened her body in a disappointment, because I never put on my name, not even an initial, but I did left a mark. I drew a handke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter