Another Truth

Like Someone in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara actually did say she loves me. I didn’t say it first. She said it. She said it and I wish she could say that to me more often. Last night, I couldn’t stop starring at her, I have this fear that I might not see her again somehow which is stupid. So I almost stayed up all night, just watching her sleeping next to me. Her peaceful face, her calm breath and her lips made a slight curve on her face as if she is having a sweet dream and she is so happy in it. She made me smile like a fool all night long and trust me I thought I was becoming a freak.

 

I woke up so early, and found myself could barely take a sleep again, because the sight of her flawless face captivated me once again. It’s probably because of the ‘I love you’ spell. It’s so strong and great. I can’t break the spell and I’m getting so much crazier than I was before.

The sunlight came through the curtain that shines her face, makes her look even better.

 

I kissed her cheek and whispered I love you just because I felt like saying it. Or maybe I could just say it for thousand times all day long, I won’t get bored or tired. I promise.

 

She opened her eyes slightly and covered her face quickly with her palm, blocking the light toward her face. She yawned and whined because of the sunlight. I closed the curtain and crawled back to the bed to kiss her cheek again. “Wake up! We’re gonna be late again. I’m sick of having teachers scolding at me, especially the headmaster.” I muttered next to her ear.

 

She just shifted to me and covered my mouth with her warm hand, “Shut up. Let’s skip school today!” she stated firmly and then went back to sleep. I sighed and rolled my eyes then I climbed down her body and started tickling her. She yelled at me but in a fun way. She is whining and complaining but that just makes me even happier.

 

“Stop please I need more sleep!!!” she yawned once again and landed on my chest after we tickle each other for a minute.

“Okay then… I’m going to school. You could stay here as long as you want.” I said as I kissed her forehead and walked out of the bed.

 

“Where are you going? Come here I want you!” she clinged.

 

“I’m gonna take a shower. I’m going to school.” I said and closed the bathroom door. Then I heard she knocked on the door, “Open it let me in!” she said.

 

“No! I’m !” I said, actually in panicked because I’m so not used to people seeing me .

“Come on, it’s me! What do you worry about?” she said, knock the door harder.

 

“No! I’m…” I noticed my hand is already on the knob, but then I heard this really loud noise outside.

I could hear Dara’s steps getting farther away from the bathroom door. Then I heard another familiar voice. My dad’s.

I quickly put on my clothes again and opened the bathroom door slightly, peeking on the gap.

 

Dad is rushing in toward Dara as that girl walk backward. She looks surprised and dad looks so mad. This must have something to do with what happened yesterday when I broke my house’s window. That was so unforgivable, for dad.

 

“Where is she? Where’s my daughter?” he yelled like a madman and started roaming around the room, he’s gonna walk toward the bathroom so I quickly closed it again and locked it hurriedly. I met dad’s eyes just now and now my heart feels like jumping out of my chest. This is scary.

 

“Hey what are you doing in other people’s house?” Dara shouted and then I squatted to peek on the ventilation on the door. I saw Dara jumped to dad’s back and strangled him as she tried to drag him away from the bathroom door.

 

“Chaerin! I know you’re in there! Come out you! I didn’t raise you for this! You’re good girl. Don’t let this demon ruin you!” he said, knocking on the door. I feel like the door is going to break in any second so I cornered myself to the wall, crossing my fingers and feeling all nervous. I just wish dad calm down first before I finally come out and maybe talk to him. I don’t want to see dad in this state. I’m afraid something bad is gonna happen to me, to us, to me and Dara. I don’t want dad to separate us in the way he thinks the best which is usually the worst nightmare for me.

 

Then I heard another voices. Dara’s dad, perhaps? I opened the door slightly again and peeked on it again. Dara’s dad is trying to calm dad’s down. He was talking gently before dad pissed him off and caused him yelling back at dad. Dara glanced at me and she just bit her lips, I don’t know what she means by doing that but her eyes look wary. Maybe she’s concern about me.

 

I didn’t really hear the argument between Dara’s dad and my dad. I couldn’t hear it because I was too focusing looking into Dara’s eyes. The last thing I saw was dad’s collar being grabbed by Dara’s dad and they’re gone. Dara shut the door and locked it quickly before I opened the bathroom door and ran to her, hugged her and humped her.

 

“Are you okay?” she asked.

 

“I’m sorry, Dara…” that’s the only thing came out of my mouth before I burst into a ridiculous tears. I can’t believe dad did that. I can’t believe he broke into this room and shouted like that. I can’t believe it. I am so embarrassed right now.

 

“I think I’m gonna skip school too today…” I said. Dara rubbed my back, “Okay. Let’s skip school together.” She said and hugged me tighter.

 

 

An hour later, Dara’s dad asked us to have breakfast together. What surprised me was I saw someone else at the table, two strangers I believe are Dara’s aunt and her cousin which is now has also became her step mom and step brother.

 

I’ve never been more embarrassed than today. Dara told me not to answer long to every questions and she asked me not to smile often. She said my friendly behavior would lead them to want to know more about me and our relationship and Dara hates that because she always wants to keep herself distant from the family.

 

I have to say that Dara’s stepbrother looks exactly just like her. They look alike like a real sibling, like they came from the same womb. And her step mom looks just way too beautiful for a woman that age.

She doesn’t look like how Dara described her, as the evil woman. Instead she looks decent and approachable.

 

“So… Chaerin can I ask you a question?” Dara’s dad said. I automatically glanced at Dara who just gives me that ‘don’t worry’ look and she looks so calm.

 

“Yes of course.” I said and my voice cracked. .

 

“I just want you to make things straight with your father. I’m not saying that I don’t like you staying in this house but… I just don’t wish something like this morning happen again.” he said, direct to the point, firmly, and clearly.

 

Dara put dow

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter