Luminous

Like Someone in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

People keep telling me to move on, to forget about it. But how could I do that when there’s no convincing fact that she’s dead? I can’t just believe the story that never really happened. I mean she’s someone I care the most I can’t just… forget about it.

 

But when Minzy introduced me to some women of her colleagues, I never said no. I just want her to stop worrying about me so I took her advices and went out with those attractive women but never really got me to just a second forget about Dara and her unknown whereabouts.

 

I smiled at this woman as she smiled at me when she told me she likes this one painting I made, her name was not very easy to remember so I have to say I kinda forgot her name but she is really really pretty and has this beautiful smile. I’m sure some other people would totally hit on her. I have to say she’s just wasting time hanging out with me.

 

“You’re really amazing. I never thought I would actually know someone very artsy like you. It just blows my mind.” She said with her amazed eyes and she looked at me like she’s seeing a celebrity or something. She just thinks too high of me.

 

I just kept on smiling to be polite and tried to be excited about this little tour I gave to her, a tour to my so called famous art exhibition.

She turned her head at me and finally stood in front of me, facing me, smiling like a little girl who just received a present. That smile is very cute and loving I think I might bite her.

 

“So I heard that you were involved in drugs a long time ago…” she said.

 

I smirked, “I don't know where you heard such a thing but it is true.” I replied as I walked away from her and stopped in front of another painting. She followed me, “Mind to tell me a little bit of the story?” she asked carefully.

 

I looked at her and narrowed my eyes, “I’d rather not to talk about it anymore. I wasn’t proud of it and I really want to get rid of those bad memories.” I said.

She nodded and smiled at me again, “They’re right, what they say about you… you’re such a mysterious yet very interesting woman.”

 

I giggled at myself and slightly blushed, “They just don’t know me well…”

 

“Will you let me know more about you?”

 

I stopped walking and looked at her again, “Uhm… excuse me…” I said as I suddenly got this phone call.

I walked away from her as she nodded at me. I picked up the call and it is from my secretary. “What is it?” I asked.

I listened to her speaking and my breath got heavier and heavier as she talked. And then I rolled my eyes, I turned around and saw her, still enjoying those paintings. I finished the phone call and walked to her.

I grabbed her arms and gasped, “There’s something really important happened. I have to go… I’ll send a cab to the lounge. I’ll call you when everything is over… is it alright?”

 

She just nodded constantly and just like that, I walked away from her. I walked through the hallway, but this path seems longer than it usually is. I speeded up and then ended up running through the hallway until I arrived in the parking lot. I got in my car and took off.

 

 

***

 

 

I stopped my car in front of a hospital, still breathing heavily, not knowing if this is really happening. I took out my pills, given by my therapist to calm me down. I went through hard time getting myself out of drugs. After that terrible accident happened to me ten years ago, everything in my life changed.

 

I had to go to rehab and I tried to kill myself if only my dad didn’t find me and caught me before it was too late, I should’ve been died by now. So practically I should’ve died like twice but then I’m still alive and sometimes it leaves me with questions, about why I’m still alive up till now.

 

I walked into the hospital and I asked the nurse about the name and the room. My hands are shaking so badly and I’m sweating. I feel sick, my stomach hurts and it feels so difficult to take steps. But then the nurse stopped in front of the room and she looked at me, “Try not to try so hard on her. She’s still shocked. And she’s very unstable. She will lose her temper we never know when. Just… be careful.” She said and slowly opening th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter