The Woman in Red Who Smokes and Dies

Like Someone in Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

*So... I'm already having a long holiday so I don't have anything to do. I'm home all the time. I guess I can update my stories more often than usual, hopefully everyday!

And please leave comment about this story since i'm so excited writing this one.

Enjoy ^^

 

***

 

YEARS AGO…

 

I just graduated from high school about 3 months ago and now a freshman in this art college. I’ve made some friends, one of them is this girl with short haircut whose smile is always cute and the way she talks to me is so polite yet sweet. Her name is Minzy and I really thank God she is my friend.

 

Before I tell about my life. I’d like to tell about my closest friend at college. Gong Minzy. She is smart, she has good sense of humor, she is careless but not as clumsy as I am. She smiles a lot and she has crush on every attractive men in this building, I wonder why.

 

Minzy is a spoiled girl. Her father is a music producer and her mom is a former model so, you guess what kind of life she is living. I envy her. But the thing I don’t like from her is, she kinda likes to waste her money for something useless and senseless.

 

Rich girl.

 

I don’t really have much to say about myself. I’m just an ordinary girl who graduated from regular school and had a lot of friends. I’m not a tomboy but I do sometimes act like I’m the guy. I’m stubborn. My friends say so. I’m not stingy but I just don’t want to share what’s mine because I have problem with sharing and germ and etc.

 

I’m not a nerd but I tend to be very focus on what’s I am doing. I spend most of my times in the library, no, I’m not reading those boring books. I just need some peaceful time to read my comics or to sketch on my book, to release stress from the crowded school schedule.

 

Students in my college don’t like library. They’re little rascals. They don’t study, they pay to get their homework done and they bribe to get themselves passed the exam. So, what’s the point of you going to school? Wasting your mama’s money? Jeez, I can’t believe it.

 

So, library is silent, peaceful, clinical, and empty. I think the librarian guy has a crush on me because I’m the only person who borrows and returns the book on time almost every weekend.

 

Uhm, speaking of, I don’t have a boyfriend. I turn out to be the person who at dating. I used to date during middle school and high school but they didn’t work out well. Even I kinda regret it having such a relationship with those childish clingy boys.

 

I’m so bothered by the sound behind one of the bookshelves. It’s a library, for God’s sake, not a place to fight. I’m sure it’s a fight between two lovers. I looked around, nobody’s here except me and the librarian and the couple behind the bookshelf I haven’t got to see their faces. It’s getting late too but the library is still opened until seven so I’m just gonna stay after the librarian told me to leave.

 

“ off! I don’t want to see your ing face anymore and don’t ing touch me!” the girl yelled out loud, breaking the silence and then she passed me by. I can’t see her face but a skinny figure walking so fast like a feather and banged the door without considering others.

 

Then the guy appeared among those bookshelves. His face is red. I think he just got slapped really hard. Then he also went out in a rush.

 

“Chaerin…” the librarian guy called my name and when I lifted my head, he is already standing right in front of me.

 

He is smiling till his cheeks touched his glasses. “What is it?” I asked also with a smile.

 

“Actually I have to go home earlier today…”

 

“Oh. Yeah, I’m sorry, Ben. I’m just gonna put in my stuffs and then I’ll be gone.” I said as I stood up and quickly putting in my books and laptop into my backpack.

 

“I’m so sorry, Chaerin.” He said with apologetic face that is really unnecessary.

 

I just replied him with a simple smile and then I walked away.

 

“Uh, Chaerin!” he called me again. I turned around and hoped he isn’t going to say something that would make things awkward between us. Please, don’t say it.

 

“Actually I have something to say…Uhm, do you… uhm, want to get some dinner with me tonight?”

 

Damn he said that. I pretend to be surprised though I’m not because I can just tell from his face that he has been wanting to ask me out but he is just too nerdy and coward to do so but hell I never knew he would actually say it.

 

“I thought you were saying that you wanted to go home earlier?”

 

He scratched his temple and blushed, “I… uh, no. I… I lied. I said that because…. Yeah I wish I could go out with you tonight so…” he is stuttering. Boring.

 

“Not tonight.” I replied politely without any intention to disappoint him because he looks so fragile and he is such a good person. Problem is, I’m not interested in him. Actually, I’m not interested in anybody right now. I’m still enjoying hanging out with myself.

 

“Is it okay?” I tilted my head to look at his reaction because he is ducking his head. His eyes are covered with the thick glasses he is wearing.

 

He nodded and grinned like a fool, “Totally okay. So, next time…”

 

“Yeah next time. Good night, Ben.” I said and walked out.

 

I noticed that outside is about to rain. Thunder is rumbling and gives me shiver. Luckily I brought my coat and umbrella, preparation. I’m always prepared. I put on my coat and zipped it up to my neck then I walked to the elevator.

 

The building is quite dark. The lights have not yet on because usually at time like this, it’s still bright but for today, the sky is dark so, there’s no much light coming in through the windows.

 

I stopped my step when I heard a sound of crying from one of the room. I peeked in through one of the window and saw a girl crying in the corner, just right below the whiteboard. I’m just stoned right there, watching her crying. Her face still looks pretty though she is crying so hard.

 

I think she was the girl who had a fight with her lover in the library just now.

 

And I find h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter