Good Night Central Park

Beautiful Day (HIATUS)
Two averaged height Korean girls are walking through Central Park at night, hand in hand like a couple, a stranger would describe. But they're just friends. Jessica now has light chestnut hair that hangs as lazily to her shoulder blades. Tiffany has grown out her hair to her mid back, still black as night. No more mushroom hair. Her blinding disposition hasn't changed, even though her rose colored glasses have been chipped away by the realizations that the world is not what it seems to be. She says she's becoming a realist, but Jessica says that until her glasses shatter completely, she will always be a card house dreamer. Tiffany was dressed fashionably and comfortably in jeans layered over tights and massive amounts of layers on her upper body. Jessica seemed to be a tad bit underdressed in a short sleeved shirt, long sleeved shirt, and all black letterman jacket. She says the cold doesn't bother her, it's the summer heat that gets her.
 
 
They ate an early bird special, Tiffany still refuses to eat dinner after 7pm, makes it harder to get rid of the fat she says. What fat? Jessica doesn't know and voiced out her confusion every time, and every time she was met with a blush on the younger girl's face. After their dinner, Jessica and Tiffany took a cab to Central Park to take their constitutional. Tiffany says it aids in digestion, Jessica doesn't care, she gets to hold Tiffany's hand. The two walk through part of the park and sat down on one of the many benches provided by the state. Neither said much, just relishing in the company of each other that they've missed out on from the last four years.
 
 
Tiffany was the first to break the silence that they'd developed, curiosity getting to her, "Jessi, who were those people from earlier? You said you were going to tell me, but you haven't yet."
 
"Oh those people? Why do you care so much? Jealous, huh," Jessica teased. 
 
"No! I'm not jealous. There's no reason to be," Tiffany said as pink developed on her cheeks. 
 
"And what would that be?"
 
"You're mine." Tiffany said it so proudly that it became Jessica's turn to blush. 
 
"Stingy."
 
"Yup!"
 
"Those people were my bothersome employees. "
 
"They seemed like more than employees. I need more details, Jessi!"
 
"Stalker. Okay, the tall one was Sooyoung. She's my make up artist. The short on with long hair is Hyoyeon, my stylist. They both been working for me for three years. Sooyoung needed a job for college and Hyoyeon just wanted to work for whatever reason. They're troublesome, annoying pranksters, but the work well so I keep them around. Oh, and the shortest one is Sunny unnie. They were following me after the meeting, I caught them and banished them."
 
Tiffany was oddly quiet while listening to Jessica."You've changed, Jessi," she said calmly.
 
"What? No, I haven't. I'm still the same scary ice princess. I just heard it at my meeting earlier!"
 
"No, you have changed Jessi. You have friends now. You can express your feelings now. I heard everything."
 
"If I have changed, it's because of you, Tiff. I couldn't express myself to an orange, much less a person, 'till I met you. Do you..... dislike that I've changed?"
 
Tiffany blushed even harder than before when Jessica said that she was the reason. "Of course I don't dislike you, Jessi. I was just saying what I've observed."
 
"Oh okay.... Wait. If you heard everything, why didn't you introduce yourself since they wanted to meet you?"
 
"Because I wanted my time with only you. If I went, I have a feeling we would've been there for a while."
 
"What about Taeyeon?"
 
"That's different. She had to meet you because she's my girlfriend. Plus, she left early."
 
"That's a double standard, Tiff."
 
"Look, Jessi. I wanted my long overdue time with you."
 
"I know. I was just teasing. Don't get so worked up." Though she said this, Jessica was hurt by the double standard, she did want the pranksters to meet Tiffany. 
 
 
They fell silent again. Jessica was observing Tiffany as she fiddled with her fingers looking down. 
 
"If you have something to say, say it already. You know how boring it is watching you play with your fingers?"
 
"Well, we finished the first semester two weeks ago and now were on our winter break. Tae's going back to Korea to be with her family and I'm going to be here alone."
 
"Tiff, I can send back if you want. I know how much spending time with your family during the holidays means to you."
 
"No, Jessi. I'm not going back this year. Leo and Michelle are spending the holidays with their lover's families. My dad is too busy with his business and his new 'lady friend' to even remember that it's almost Christmas."
 
"Oh, Tiff. I'm sorry," she wrapped her left arm around the other's shoulder, comforting and assuring her that she's protected from lonliness. "You have me, Tiff. I'm gonna be working a lot in the next two weeks, but can spend your break with me."
 
"Thanks, but I don't want to bother you when you're working. I'll just get in the way, Jessi."
 
"Shut up, Tiff. You could never bother me and you wouldn't bothering me at the shoot. And you won't be in the way because I'll Sunny unnie to find things for you to do. You'll spend your break with me. I won't let you be alone or lonely."
 
"Thank you, Jessi. You don't know how much I really wanted to hear that," Tiffany started to tear up with the threat of her tears falling any second now. Jessica quickly took her into her arms and held her securely. She couldn't handle seeing the girl cry. It made her feel as if her heart was being tortured by being pulled in different directions on the globe. When Tiffany was done crying, Jessica offered to take her back to her dorm on campus. When they got to Tiffany's room, Jessica hugged the eye-smiler and Tiffany whispered to the hug, then planted a quick, flash of a kiss onto Jessica's cheek and bid her a good night.
 
 
When Jessica got back to her hotel room, she quickly got ready for bed. Once planted in her bed, she was drifting into sweet oblivion, until her phone rang. Tiffany, she always called or message when Jessica wanted to sleep. She groaned at having her quality time with her bed interrupted. She checked the message, Tiffany informed her that she would not be able to make it to the photo shoot at Central Park until around ten. Jessica responded quickly and laid back into the bed and thought about what Tiffany had whispered to her before they parted.
 
"It was a beautiful day, Jessi."
 
"Was it?"
 
"Yes, it was a 'Goodnight Central Park' by Stephen Jerzak, 'Rollercoaster' by Blink-182, and 'Baby it's Cold Outside' cover by Danger Radio, all mixed together day."
 
"Still describing days as songs I see."
 
"Yes, I know no other way."
 
Jessica sat upright abruptly and begun to blush at her thoughts. All three songs had the same theme, not wanting to let the day and/or the person leave because of uncertainty.....
 
_______________________________________________
A/N: My best friend was so happy to see that you all agreed with her and proceeded tease me all during lunch.
 
@KalakiMaeSamoan? Chinese? Japanese?