Phases 2 and 3-ish

Beautiful Day (HIATUS)

 

Two young ladies walked up the four flights of stairs grudgingly. The elevator in the apartment building was broken and the lazy girls were cursing whomever it was that failed to fix it, causing them to walk up in an non-air conditioned staircases in the sweltering summer heat. This was South Korea, in the summer. Global warming felt real as hell for them. 
 
 
They finally made it to their destination and the shorter one knocked on the door. The only response was a 'Be right there' from a woman that sounded like she used a megaphone, but didn't. That was just how loud her voice is. 
 
 
The short woman, despite the Hades cherished weather, was smiling like an idiot, rocking back and forth on her heels, whistling some song about drinking horchata in December (to cool her mind). Jessica Jung was giddy beyond, what seemed to her sister, humanly possible in this heat. She pushed all other thoughts not about Tiffany out of the window to manage this.
 
Clad in black shorts, pink not-too-low-cut v-neck, black hi-tops, and sunglasses with her camera hanging safely around her neck, Jessica was ready for date número dos with Tiffany. Also ready for phase two of their aptly titled 'Force maknaes together' plan. 
 
Krystal Jung Soojung was not in any fathomable way happy for today, at least she said. She wanted to push her sister for looking so stupidly happy when she was not amused. Jessica's humming pissed her off. The summer fire weather pissed her off. Being trapped into going with a know-it-all, goguma loving, self-improvement freak to a crowded and stuffy amusement park, only furthered her genetic tendency for aggression. 
 
The youngest Jung wanted nothing more than to be lazing in her apartment, on her couch, and watching t.v. all day. She knocked again on the metal apartment door, two minutes after the first time. Patience was never a virtue she cared about. 
 
Finally the door opened revealing another set of young ladies ready for an outing. Tiffany squealed a 'hi' to Jessica before wrapping the brunette in a boa constrictor hug. Jessica returned the hug happily, even though she could see her life force being squeezed out. They let go, Tiffany pecked Jessica's cheek, whispering something that made them giggle and blush, and held her hand. The two young girls were standing in a rather tense bubble. Seohyun was dressed in a cute romper, courtesy of Tiffany's fashion eye, and sneakers. She was currently recovering from the icy 'greeting' by Krystal. Krystal was looking the goguma lover up and down. For what? She wasn't sure, but she felt she had to. Making their way past the young ones, Jessica 'Gibbs slapped' her sister upside the head and whispered viciously for her to be nice, and Tiffany patted her donsaengs shoulder encouragingly. The two followed their unnies out awkwardly. 
 
 
In the car, Jessica and Tiffany were still holding hands in their own little world. Seohyun deemed that unsafe for everyone since Jessica was driving, and she kindly reminded Jessica to pay attention to the road. Krystal snorted indignantly and received her sister's mega glare through the rear view mirror. 
 
She sat up straight in her seat and looked anywhere but her sister (her sister's glares scared her more than the Texas chainsaw movies. Krystal eyes landed on Seohyun on the other end of the car and unintentionally noted what she saw. She noted how the other girl was sitting up straight as steel ruler, her hands placed in her lap and fiddling with one another, eyes looking straight ahead but sometimes drifted to herself. When their eyes met, Krystal and Seohyun both felt suddenly shy, though Krystal wouldn't admit it, and Seohyun would look away blushing, Krystal never looked away. 
 
Seohyun felt like a sample under Krystal's microscope. The youngest Jung was burning holes into her and Seohyun was even more self-conscious of herself now. She knew for a while that Krystal hadn't even so much as blinked while constantly staring at her. It was the first time Krystal had even paid attention to her and Seohyun's heart was going 'deugeun deugeun' so fast with the Jung's eyes on her. 
 
 
Finally at the amusement park, Jessica escorted her love out of the car chivalrously. She tried to urge her sister to follow suit, but Seohyun was already out of the car in two shakes. Seohyun wanted fresh air to revive her herself from what she felt like was a close examination by Krystal. Jesica paid for hers and Tiffany's tickets with Seohyun and Krystal using the prize tickets. 
 
Inside the park, the two maknaes led the way, running with each other excitedly. They seemed to have forgotten that they were 'enemies' and were having a grand old time. Using the kid's excitement high as an excuse to get 'lost', the unnies felt their phase two was done and left. 
 
 
Krystal and Seohyun did not even notice the lack of unnie presence for an entire hour. After the first rollercoaster, Krystal let loose and gave into having fun with Seohyun. She, though you would have to coax it out of her, liked this freer side of Seohyun in an amusement park. She had only ever seen the stuffy Juhyun, know-it-all, class monitor in all their years together. It was actually this new side of the goguma lover that got her to loosen up. Even after all the tense moments with Krystal, Seohyun thought that she shouldn't let this day go to waste and had fun. Not that Seohyun didn't have fun before, it has just been quite some time since the last. She liked being able to have fun with Krystal having fun with her. 
 
The maknaes got hungry about two hours into their time at the park and went to find somewhere to eat. 
"I want a slice of pizza!" Krystal said when she saw the first stalk. 
 
"Pizza is bad for you. Just because we're young, doesn't mean you can not take care of yourself." Seohyun lectured. She didn't mean for it to come across as know-it-all like, she was just good-naturedly advising, but Krystal did not take it the intended way. 
 
"Look there's nothing else to eat in amusement park but unhealthy food. What do you expect to eat miss high and mighty?"
 
"Please calm down president. I had no intention to upset you." She received a sharp nod from Krystal and continued, "To answer your question, I brought a packed lunch."
 
"Packed lunch. I shouldn't have expected less from you. Well you find a table to eat that at and I'm going to buy some pizza. I'll be right back with you, but if anything, just call me." Krystal walked to the pizza stall leaving Seohyun standing awkwardly before looking for a table to sit at. 
 
At the table, Seohyun unpacked her lunch. It was actually a lunch for two that she had prepared last night. She was hoping that she could share it with Krystal, but since the latter had gone back to her cold self, that was dust in the wind now. 
 
Walking and looking for Seohyun with her tray of pizza, was Krystal. She had bought an extra slice just in case she could try to convince her Number Two that one time wouldn't kill her. When Krystal spotted Seohyun, she walked over, but when she was close enough to make out what was on the table, she dumped her pizza in the trash and sat down. Seohyun had seen this and looked puzzled, Krystal just shoved a sandwich in . 
"The pizza was bad." she lied, but convincingly enough. "Stop staring. I know I'm hot. Eat. You made it?"
 
Seohyun blushed and nodded shyly while taking another bite of her sandwich. 
 
"This is good. I thought you could only roast goguma."
 
"Ah... Umm... Tiffany unnie taught me how to cook actually. Thank you."
 
"Is this all, or is there more?"
 
Seohyun quickly grabbed the lunch bag and took out a Tupperware of fruits, opened the lid and slid it in between them. 
 
Laughing, "The apples turned brown! Did you cut these last night?"
 
"Neh. I just wanted to make sure everything was ready to go for this morning and I guess I cut them too early. I'll put them back." She reached to take it but her hand was pushed away lightly. Puzzled again. 
 
"Don't. They're just a little brown, not poisoned. I still want them." Krystal took one and ate it. "My mom told me this trick to keep fruits and stuff from turning brown. Wanna know?"
 
Seohyun nodded eagerly causing Krystal to chuckle. "First eat." She brought an apple slice up to Seohyun's mouth and the other girls shyly bit it and took the remaining slice from the president. 
 
Krystal also took another slice and continued, "She said to sprinkle some lime juice on it after you've just cut it to stop it from oxidizing. Then put it in the fridge."
 
"Oh wow! I never knew that. I shall remember that for the next time. Thank you for telling me president." Seohyun smiled gratefully. 
 
Krystal was taken aback by the sudden smile. She felt her heart rate quicken and to cover it up, just nodded back shoving another sandwich slice in . 
 
After lunch, the girls decided to take it easy for a bit to let their food digest properly, at Seohyun's advising. They went on several easy going rides and took pictures. When Seohyun said it was alright to go back on roller coasters again, Krystal drug the squirming girl with her to the first one she could get in line for. 
 
Throughout the day, many guys had been checking the duo out. Krystal didn't mind so much when it was on her, but started to get really pissed when a group of guys kept following them. They were trying to strike up a conversation with Seohyun, who was too shy and polite to tell them to stop. Krystal wasn't. When she finally had enough in the line waiting for another ride, she grabbed Seohyun by the waist from behind and rested her chin on the now stiff girl's shoulder. 
"Could you idiots leave her alone now? She hasn't said a word to you and she's with someone."
 
"Whatever." One of them scoffed and walked away with the others on his heels. 
 
Seohyun was blushing like mad. Never in her life did she think that Krystal Jung Soojung would be back hugging her. She dreamed it, yes, and reality felt so much better. 
 
"Uhhh... You don't have to keep holding me anymore. Those guys left." Seohyun said against her feelings. 
 
"Don't want to." Krystal's true thoughts slipped out of before she could catch them. Coughing falsely, she removed herself unwillingly from Seohyun."I mean... Umm... Yeah. Lets keep moving."
 
 
Before they knew it, the day had rushed by and it was now getting dark. Seohyun and Krystal were standing in line to ride the Ferris wheel, almost ready to get on. It was cliche, but Seohyun had begged Krystal to go with her. 
 
In the capsule, Seohyun sat on one side and Krystal sat on the other. You could feel the awkward in there. Seohyun mustered herself and spoke, "I want to thank you so much president for coming here with me today. I know you probably didn't have as great of a time as I did, but I hope you had some fun even without your friends."
 
Krystal zoned out for a few seconds before responding to Seohyun. "One- you're welcome. I came because I keep my word. Two- I didn't think I would actually enjoyed myself for the first time at this kind of place. Three- so what if I came without my friends? I've been here before with them and had a miserable time." Getting up, Krystal moved to sit next to Seohyun with their legs touching. She looked in the girl's eyes. "Four- stop calling me 'president.' We're out of high school now. My name is Krystal and it would be nice if you could call me as so."
 
Seohyun was blushing profusely, but remained intellectually intact. "If you stop calling me 'Number Two', I'll call you by your name."
 
Krystal lurched her hand over for a shake, "Deal, Seohyun."
 
"Deal, Krystal." Seohyun accepted the shake. 
 
They sat next to each other silently  looking out of the capsule until the end of the ride. 
 
Just getting off of the ride and a few steps from it, Seohyun opened her lunch bag and pulled out two baked gogumas. She handed one to Krystal with hopefully eyes reflecting the moonlight. Krystal chortled, "Gogumas. Oh I wouldn't expect anything less from you Num-- I mean Seohyun." She took the offered one and peeled back the foil and took a bite. "It's delicious." She said with a smile. Seohyun then too, unwrapped hers and started to eat as they started to walk to the entrance. They heard a loud and venomous voice yelling, "Yah you shikshins! Because of you and you're eating habits, the park is closing!!!"
 
 
___________________________
A/N: Tada~ kryseo "date". I'll write Jeti's part tomorrow, or I should say later today cuz it's past midnight. Guess what phase three is, cuz i didnt specifically mention it. You guys didn't think our Hyoyoung and YoonYul couples were stuck in the past, did you? I'm hoping this fic will last a while. Thank you for reading.   :D
 
 
@eyelovegg- Yeah Jeti is pretty much doing nothing. Krystal isnt going to be in denial for long, hopefully. Haha~
 
@sonexpikachu64- Haha I guess it is a bit weird, Ptv and Kpop don't really mix. But hey, my taste in music is quite eclectic.