Give Us a Try

Beautiful Day (HIATUS)

That night, in her apartment, Jessica was reveling in her mind when she got a call from Sunny.

"Hey Bunny unnie. Long time no speak." she answered lazily, like she has kept in touch with her favorite unnie in the last few years.

"Yah! you little punk! Respect your elders Jung! Three years and no phone call! " said bunny exclaimed in a fake angry tone.

"Sorry mom" she joked. "Why're you calling?"

"I do not want you as my kid, you pain in the . And blunt as ever, Sica. I'm calling to ask you to have lunch with me on Wednesday. My dad told me that you're back so, I decided to call. Since you didn't bother. I've got a surprise for you."

"Sorry. I've been busy. Krystal's graduation and all. Hmm....Wednesday? Sure I'll go since I don't have to wake up that early. I've got a surprise for you too."

"Good. Don't be late you lazy princess!"

"Alright. Bye bunny!"

"Bye!"

Jessica didn't normally stay up late, but right now she felt she had to, so she did. She stared up at her ceiling that she couldn't see through the dark. She wanted it to be a window that she could see into the future with.

 

Sunny waited for Jessica to arrive in a restaurant that they usually went to with their parents for wining and dining clients. It's not that Jessica was late, Sunny just wanted to be there early.

 

She was nervous. Unusual, of course, because the one thing about Lee Soonkyu to remember: she does not get nervous. Until now, that is. Sunny has always been quite confident in herself to compensate for her short stature. However, that confidence was high sea winds when she met her a few years ago.

 

She met this match through her work in her father's entertainment company. This person was one whom she deemed, 'a cocky little dork with talent.' This dork got on the company's radar when she met one of their representatives while singing in the streets for fun. Sunny had to be there for the contract signing and was immediately taken aback by this dork.

 

Kim Taeyeon. She was equally taken with Sunny. She was attracted by her professional demeanor and incredibly cute looks. Taeyeon wanted to put Sunny in her pocket and run away. In attempt to impress her new boss, Taeyeon acted audaciously. Sunny liked confidence, not pompous asses, but she did notice something about Taeyeon that she found attractive. With both attracted to one another, they decided to test the waters. They fell in love and have been dating, somewhat steadily, ever since.

 

Now that Jessica is back in Korea, Sunny wanted to see her favorite dongsaeng and introduce her to her girlfriend. Jessica arrived right on time.  Sunny got up from her seat to hug Jessica.

"Hey bunny unnie."

"It;s Sunny! Oh, Sica, I missed you!" she said slightly with aegyo that Jessica felt she hadn't heard in ages. They let go of each other and sat down. "So how are you, Sica?"

"Better. A lot better actually."

"So three years of solitude was enough, I guess?"

"Actually, no. It was a miserable time, mostly. But, I'm friends with her again and I feel so much better."

"You're what?" Sunny was less than happy to hear that her favorite dongsaeng was, in a way, still with the person whom had hurt her.

"I'm friends with Tiffany again." Jessica responded, slightly irritated that she had to repeat herself.

"How?"

Jessica filled Sunny in on the story, but left out a certain part for later.

"How do you feel now?"

"What do you mean?"

"How do you feel being 'just friends' again? I can tell that you're not over her."

"I'm fine." She really was.....not. Tiffany's question had made her not fine in the least.

"Are you going to tell her that you still love her?"

"About that... Unnie I-" she was cut off by another voice

"Hey my Sunny Bunny! I'm sorry I'm late." Jessica turned around and saw a smiling, dorky Taeyeon in place behind her. She was surprised and amused with seeing Taeyeon like this: a complete dork.

"It's fine Taengoo." Sunny stood from her seat to hug her girlfriend, gestured for Taeyeon to sit, and introduced the already acquainted people. "Taeyeon this is my younger cousin, Jessica, that I've told you about."

Sunny gestured for Jessica to greet. She stood up sharply and bowed her head what seem like .005 degrees, like a princess. "It's nice to see you again, Taeyeon-ssi."

"You too Jessica-ssi. Please just call me Taeyeon.

They stood there, once again, staring intensely into the other's eyes. No ual frustration, just regular generic frustration. They were sizing each other up again, but Sunny had interrupted the tense interaction. She cleared , "You two know each other?"

"Yeah, we do my bunny." Taeyeon answered taking her sear next to Sunny and in front of Jessica.

"How?" she was a confused bunny since she was out of the loop.

"Yeah Taeyeon. How?" Jessica quipped, taking every chance she could to stir Taeyeon.

"Don't say it like that, Jessica. Well, my bunny, I was going to tell you sooner or later, but since the opportunity has revealed itself, I guess it's sooner. I know Jessica because I met her three years ago... through Tiffany, my ex." she explained calmly. Taeyeon never intended on trying to hide her past from Sunny, she genuinely didn't know when would be the right time for them to talk about their past.

"Tiffany is your ex and you met Jessica when you were together?" Sunny asked, but more stated.

"Yes, my bunny."

"Okay. That explains yours and Sica's actions just now. I thought you guys were trying to use the Force to hurt each other."

"You're not mad?"

"Of course not, Taengoo. We all have our pasts."

The bunny and her height challenged girlfriend leaned in for a kiss when Jessica interrupted them. "Gross. No. None of that while I'm around, unnies."

Taeyeon groaned lowly and pulled her face away from Sunny's. "Fine. But I'll make you beg for my kisses later my bunny." She winked.

"Yah ByunTae!" They danshin couple giggled to themselves.

"Okay. Sunny unnie, I'm guessing this is the surprise you were talking about?"

"Yup! I had to introduce my girlfriend and my favorite dongsaeng.!" Sunny smiled brightly. Anyone in the world could tell that she was happy, over the moon and to Jupiter.

 

The three of them had a rather peaceful dinner together. Jessica let go of her jealous feelings and sense of rivalry now that Taeyeon is no longer Tiffany's girlfriend. Now they were chatting over some mid-day desert.

"So, Sica. What's this surprise that you said you have?" Sunny finally asked. The confident bunny was dying to as the question, but didn't to until she thought the atmosphere was better.

"Oh, now you remember, unnie."

"Yeah, so speak."

"Alright. So testy, bunny. Well..."

 

Tiffany got ahold of Jessica's hand again when things got quiet again. She rested her head on Jessica's shoulder and whispered, "Jessi, could you give us a chance?"

To say in the least, Jessica was shocked. She went into zoning out mode thinking about how overwhelming if felt to have the love of her life indirectly confess to her. She was pulled out when she heard Tiffany sniffling and struggling to stand up, Jessica seemed to have held on even tighter to Tiffany's hand.

"Where are you trying to go?" Jessica asked, still shocked. She pulled Tiffany down with  a tug, back to the tree.

"You... You didn't say a word for the past few minutes...I thought you were rejecting me..." Tiffany choked out the words between her sobs. She was full out crying now like Niagara Falls. 

Jessica turned her body around crossing her legs, she reached forward and cupped Tiffany's face. "Shhhh....Stop crying....You didn't wait and listen for my answer."

"Then...What is your answer?" Nervousness and anxiety took over. Tiffany seemed to be unable to stop crying, even with Jessica trying to stop them by rubbing her thumbs on her cheeks.

"I... I don't know. I wasn't planning on staying longer than the summer...." That was a lie and Tiffany knew it. Jessica doesn't plan for diddly squat.

"What if I can convince you to stay?"

"How?"

"I don't know yet, but I'll get you to stay. I will make you stay... for me. I know that you don't want to trust me with your feelings, but Jessi I will take care of them... of you."

"Tiff..." It sounded like a nice idea, but most ideas generally are. 

"Give me these two months to get you to stay. I will treat you like I should've. I won't mess this up. Because you want me as much as I want you, Jessi. Give us a try."

Jessica didn't really have to think for very long. This is what she wants, Tiffany.

"Okay. Two months, Tiff. If you can't show me that us together is worth staying for, then I'm leaving when I plan to."

Tiffany threw herself onto Jessica and hugged the life out of her. She also stopped crying.

"Tiff... Losing oxygen..."

 

The midget couple dropped their forks causing them to clatter on their plates. Wide eyed, Sunny spoke first, "So are you and Tiffany...like together then?"

"Kinda, but not really."

"You had better not be playing with her feelings, Jessica! She's been miserable with out you too!" Taeyeon said.

"I'm not! I just want to know if she really does love me so I won't be hurt like before."

"Okay... Just please be nice to her."

"I will. Geez, why do I feel like I just got permission from her father to take her to the Junior prom?"

"Oh, trust me her father is much worse and I didn't even get to meet the man. And in a way you did. Tiffany is my best friend, I care a lot about her."

"Good luck to you guys then, Sica!" 

"Yeah, good luck."

"Thanks bunny unnie. Taeyeon." 

"You could call me unnie! I am three years older than you!" Taeyeon whined.

"Whatever, unnie." she said mockingly.

 

After he lunch with Sunny and Taeyeon, Jessica went for a drive, but parked her car quickly when something caught her eye. She walked into a performing arts college where a sign outside read: 'Tiffany Hwang Musical Prodigy Special Lessons'.

Inside the building, she wandered around until she reached a room where she saw her redheaded beauty. Jessica slipped into the room and sat in the back observing. She noticed how each student was oogling at their special guest teacher, even the girls. Tiffany looked so professional in her black pencil skirt, white button down tucked into her shirt, and neat ponytail. Jessica couldn't blame the kids, she was certainly getting her fair share of 'Fany view' every time a student asked for help and she bent over slightly with her back to Jessica. Tiffany also looked professional in her way of teaching. She took the time to help every student personally, with patience and without frustration. Jessica smiled slyly to herself, thinking about how this is the first time she has been able to see Tiffany teach. She liked the feel that Tiffany gave off when she was teaching. She couldn't name it, but she definitely liked it.

When the class was over, it seemed like it was the last one as Tiffany was packing up as well. Jessica stayed seated, waiting to get the angel alone, but the students were staring to get bold with Tiffany; Asking if she had a boyfriend or a girlfriend, did she want to grab something to eat with them, and whether she would be interested in going on a plain date. Tiffany successfully crushed them all down politely, but they didn't seem that phased since they left talking about how her niceness just made her more attractive. Jessica couldn't have agreed more, but was feeling a little jealous of those kids.

Finally alone, or so she thought, Tiffany let out a sigh of relief as she continued to pack. She was startled by a voice. A voice she knew very well.

"Hwang saem, I could use a little help too." Jessica said with a smirk as she crossed the room to Tiffany.

Tiffany turned with her hand over her heart to calm herself. "Jessi! What are you doing here?!"

Tiffany jump-hugged Jessica, squeezing her like a lemon. "Can't...Breathe, Tiff." Jessica gasped.

"Oh sorry." She let go and eye-smiled to try to receive less punishment from her brunette love.

"Hey, Tiff. To answer your question, I was driving around and I saw a poster saying that you were teaching. I wanted to say 'Hi'."

"Awww! You're too cute Jessi!" she pinched the other woman's cheeks and Jessica blushed.

Jessica cleared , "Well you seem like everyone's favorite teacher. Quite popular with all the boys... and girls."

Tiffany blushed, but decided to tease Jessica a bit. "Yeah, I am. They're good kids with talent, I just want to help them as much as I can.

"Why didn't you go with them?"

"I would've gone with them, but I felt someone's eyes on me for the last hour."

Jessica's blush returned, "You knew I was here, but you still asked?"

"No. I knew you were here, but I asked what you were doing here. To different things, Jessi~"

"Whatever." she pouted.

"Awww, don't pout, Jessi. Since you're here and I have time, let's go on a date!" Tiffany asked excitedly like a little kid, but with a hint of uncertainty.

"I'd love to, Tiff."

 

 

___________________________________________________________

A/N: Guys soshi comeback was awesome! Jessica in my second favorite superhero's shirt just pushed him up on the ladder to number one. This took way longer than it should have because I kept getting distracted. I'm a 'shiny thing' person. Anyways, Jeti first official date next! Thank you for reading. :)