First Date

Beautiful Day (HIATUS)

Jessica walked with Tiffany to her car hand in hand, towing the other girl's cello on her back, listening to Tiffany talk about her classes. Jessica listened to every word like it was life changing news. She never got tired of hearing Tiffany's voice telling her about all of little things that made up her day because it made Jessica's day. Jessica loved that Tiffany loved to share everything with her, even before when they talked on the phone across the seas. Tiffany's voice flowed mellifluously in Jessica's ears churning her insides into butter. Tiffany was telling her how she never thought she would be a good teacher to the college students because she was kind of a pushover, how her students weren't all that bad and they just needed a little guidance. Tiffany told her that she only accepted the invitation to teach a few classes because it was a small college with students that were willing. The professor apparently begged Tiffany's manager to meet with the prodigy and begged again to get her to accept. 

 

Jessica unlocked her car and placed the cello safely in the back seat and opened Tiffany's door for her, like a gentle(wo)man. Jessica quickly slipped into the driver's seat, started the engine and took off. They decided to go to Tiffany's apartment because they could not let her precious cello melt in the car while they were out. Tiffany also wanted to change, despite Jessica's protests of, 'No! You look so hot like that! ' To which Tiffany blushed and smiled bashfully.

 

In Tiffany's apartment, Jessica was told to make herself at home while Tiffany prepared herself. Jessica's nerves started to kick in when she heard Tiffany's bedroom door close. Mostly because she was thinking some byuntae thoughts about Tiffany changing. Aside from the nerves Jessica was walking around the living room looking at the pictures the cousins have on display. Tiffany at her graduation from Juilliard. Tiffany and Seohyun from some years ago, both looking quite young and fresh. Tiffany and her family. Seohyun and her family. Several other pictures of the two cousins. Any person could tell that this set of cousins valued their family. A trait that Jessica admired about Tiffany when they first met, when she wasn't on good terms with hers. Jessica crossed the apartment into the kitchen. Jessica poured herself a glass of water and skimmed over the contents of the fridge. She noted the amount of different sweet potato food dishes. Krystal did say something about how Seohyun was obsessed with the root. Jessica also noticed the amount of other foods in the fridge, that being noting but milk and yogurt. In the pantry, there was only instant noodles. Jessica was irked with the fact that Tiffany seemed to make no effort to take care of herself. She also would've thought at least Seohyun would've pushed for more food in the place.

 

 

Stepping into the living room Tiffany was met with emptiness. No Jessica, until she swerved her body to the left greeted with the sight of Jessica. She walked over and covered Jessica’s eyes with her hands. Jessica giggled a giggle filled with aegyo that Tiffany couldn’t help but smile and giggle too. Jessica lifted Tiffany’s hands from her face and turned around to face Tiffany.

“What are you doing in here Jessi?” Tiffany asked playing with Jessica’s hands as they were still holding each other.

Jessica smirked, “You said to make myself at home and I got thirsty. I noticed you don’t have much to eat, practically nothing at all.”

Tiffany looked away from Jessica in embarrassment. “We normally have food. We just haven’t been shopping lately.”

“By food, I hope you don't mean instant noodles, Tiff. You need to eat properly and take care of yourself and Juhyun!” she scolded, but meaning well.

“I know,” Tiffany said in a sigh of defeat. This was a fight she knew she wouldn’t win because Jessica has always lectured her about nutrition.

“Is that why you look so thin now? You have to take care of yourself, Tiff.” Jessica said and brought Tiffany’s face to look at her again.  She whispered, “I need you to take care of yourself.”

“Okay, Jessi.” Tiffany showed a soft smile. Jessica needed her. Not in the context she would want it, but it’ll due, for now.

“I’ll go with you to buy groceries on our way back later. Let’s get this date started, shall we?” Jessica walked to the door opening it and extended her hand for Tiffany to take.

Tiffany did take it and happily. “Let’s go!” she squealed in delight.

 

In the car, it was their usual silence, with the exception of Tiffany’s iPod on shuffle. Now that they have begun their first official date, Tiffany was more than nervous. Self-conscious to the max, the adorable redhead was shifting in her seat. She was trying to find position that would make her seem more attractive to Jessica. ‘Silly! What am I doing? Jessi’s not even paying attention to me, she’s busy driving.’ Tiffany scolded herself.

 

Jessica did notice her love constantly fidgeting in her seat. She was thinking of ways to calm the other woman down. Then it clicked when she stopped thinking about it at a red light when she saw an ad with a couple on it. Jessica reached her right hand over to Tiffany’s and held it firmly, yet softly to reassure Tiffany. Tiffany blushed as she stopped moving and looked at their intertwined hands. She was thankful to Jessica for calming her. She didn’t need to say it though. That’s the way their relationship has always been, not needing many words. Tiffany unlinked her seatbelt at the next red light, leaned over and planted a soft kiss on Jessica’s cheek.

Clearing with rosy cheeks, Jessica finally spoke, "Ahh... So where are we going, Tiff?"

"Um... Just keep going straight onto the highway. I'll tell you what exit to get off at..."

Jessica continued driving listening to Tiffany's instructions. They ended up at a small hole-in-the-wall restaurant right outside the city limits of Seoul. Jessica got out and quickly made her way to Tiffany's side and helped her out of the car. Tiffany giggled at her actions and took Jessica's hand and went into the restaurant. Once they were seated and looking over the menus Tiffany spoke, "You know Jessi, this isn't how I planned for our first date to be, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity when you showed up." Tiffany was smiling so shyly and cutely Jessica felt that she was going to melt into goo.

Jessica was trying to keep her emotions in check and answered colder than she intended to, "It's fine, Tiff. I like this."

"You don't have to lie to me." Tiffany said rather hurt by the brunette's emotionless reply. 

Lie? Jessica was confused as a bat in a concert venue. She soon realized her little mistake. Jessica took Tiffany's hand in hers on the table and spoke softly, "Tiff, I wasn't lying. I don't lie. I think my tone was wrong. I just thought you were too adorable and I didn't want to embarrass myself by saying something stupid. I really do think that our first date is going well even if it's not exactly what you had in mind." 

Tiffany looked up into Jessica's eyes and saw it. Sincerity. Tiffany knew that whenever Jessica spoke about her feelings, it was always true and with so much sincerity it was palpable. She blushed, "I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions, Jessi. I'm just nervous because I thought you really didn't like it and you were just trying to spare my feelings."

Jessica chuckled at the cute confession, "You're too much of a worry wort. I am happy. Over the moon and through the Milky Way."

The waiter came with waters and the two women ordered, then the waiter left. Jessica and Tiffany were both feeling shy, yet still so comfortable with each other. They were happy.

"So, Tiff... What did you have planned for our first date?" Jessica asked with a cheeky, but charming smile.

Tiffany cleared , "Umm... Well... I... Uh..." Taking a second to cohesively collect her thoughts, she stared over. "First of all, I would've been the one to pick you up, and drive."

"In other words, you wanted to be the dominant one? Oh, Tiff, you're too cute!"

"Of course! I'm suppose to be getting you to stay, so I have to be the one in charge!" she pouted.

"No pouting! You know what it does to me. And there's always the next date. I like being the one in charge for this date. I've only ever been able to dream about it."

"Jessi, you are too chessy! I feel like I'm sitting with nachos," she teased.

"Yah! Don't tease me~" Jessica whined with her rarely shown aegyo.

Laughing  because it was just too cute, "Arraso. Let's eat." The waiter had come back when Jessica was whining and he kept checking the brunette out. Tiffany glared firery dagers at him and he practically ran away from them.

After their early dinner, the women got into Jessica's car and drove back.

"That was such a gooooood dinner! Wasn't it, Jess?" Tiffany exclaimed patting her tummy and leaning back into the car seat.

"Hehe Tiff you're so cute. I'm glad you liked it. I did too."

"Good because it took forever to find and I had to ask so many people for a good place to have dinner. I even asked my students."

"You put a lot of effort just to find a decent place to eat?"

"Yes, becuase it's our first date and I wanted everything to be perfect even though it didn't exactly end up like I planned."

"Tiff, the night's not over." Jessica winked to the redhead and held her hand again.

 

When they got back to Seoul, the sun was just starting to slip down the horizon. Jessica was walking through the park near Tiffany's apartment  with Tiffany, hands clasped so tight. Tiffany was starting to feel shy again so, she swung their hands back and forth. She stopped when she looked at Jessica zoning out. Jessica had something on her mind that she'd been wanting to tell Tiffany since after the summer they met.

Taking a deep breath, Jessica broke their silence, "Tiff, I wanna tell you something."

"Hmmm..." she hummed in response, still looking at Jessica.

"Ummm... You never saw the pictures that won the competition that summer did you?"

"Nope. Every time I asked for you to show them to me, you gave a lame excuse as to why I couldn't."

"Sorry about that. Here." Jessica handed an envelope that she took out of her purse. 

Tiffany received it happily. Opening it up and looking at the contents, Tiffany stopped walking. They most likely were standing still in silence for a good 15 minutes. Jessica kept her eyes on Tiffany, analyzing her reaction to the contents. Tiffany examined closely each item that shown in her eyes. She was looking at Jessica's first contest pictures. They were beautiful, but you could still tell the lack of experience. They were of all the places that the two had explored in France that summer. With one addition, Tiffany was in all of them. Some clearly in the forground, others off in the back ground and out of focus. Tiffany knew it was herself in those pictures when the memories came back to her, more clearly than when she forcefully tried to recall them. Tears were b in her eyes, she tried to blink them away, but failed since they fell anyway. Jessica brought her redhead into a tight hug. She thought that she had upset her with the photos.

"I'm sorry, Tiff. I just wanted to show you them finally. You probably don't like them. I keep them with me, all the time. I took some of the best photos when you were with me. I thought that keeping them would mean that I would always be able to take great pictures."

"No, no. I'm not upset. I'm just really overwhelmed. I am so happy that you had me in each one and used them in the contest. I love them because you loved me that much, even back then. It makes me just so happy. I love you, Jessi." Tiffany said as she wrapped her arms around Jessica, pulling her closer (if that was even possible) and buried her face in the brunette's shoulder.

Jessica too, began to cry in happiness. She could never control her tears when somebody else was crying. "I'm so glad you like them, Tiff. I love you."

After minutes of crying on each other, Jessica pulled back from the hug and brushed tears off of Tiffany's face. "Okay. No more crying for you, even if they're happy tears. You still look ugly when you cry. Especially with your make up running, you look like a raccoon."

"Yah! Stop saying that, you meanie!" she slapped Jessica's arm extra hard for the raccoon comment.

"Oww! You can't keep abusing me like this. I told you that I'm sensitive." Jessica pouted and held her arm.

"Oh does the wittle Jessi hurt that bad?" Tiffany teased as she stepped closer to Jessica with their faces centimeters apart.

Jessica continued to pout and nodded her head cutely. Tiffany couldn't resist. She leaned in and whispered against her lips, "Too bad!"

Tiffany ran back towards the car while Jessica was still dazed and confused. When the realization that Tiffany just played her, she followed  and caught up to the redhead. Wrapping her arms around Tiffany's slim waist, positioning them in a backhug, Jessica whispered into Tiffany's ear, "You shouldn't tease me. I told you that I am sensitive." She felt Tiffany shiver and saw her bite her bottom lip. Happy that she got the Tiffany to bite her lip for a reason other than being nervous, made her pleased with herself. She like this side of Tiffany. Jessica let go of the hug, took Tiffany's hand and guided the stunned girl the rest of the way back.

 

Jessica drove with a smug look on her face seeing the effect she had on Tiffany. Tiffany, on the other hand, was beet red. She never could one up Jessica when it came to teasing. Indeed Tiffany was embarrassed, and it was al Jessica's fault for seducing her. At least that's how Tiffany saw it. But, Tiffany did see something amiss; they were going the wrong way.

"Umm Jessi? We're not going the right way to my place."

"No, we're not. I said I was going to take you grocery shopping before taking you home."

"Oh! Right, right. I forgot."

"I could tell."

Tiffany just responded by merong-ing Jessica and huffing at her fringe.

 

In the supermarket, Jessica made sure to buy everything healthy and nutritious for Tiffany and Seohyun, despite the constant whining from the redhead. Finally back at Tiffany's apartment, Jessica carried the majority of the bags and also helped put them away.

 

Done with the groceries, Tiffany walked Jessica back out to her car. Fiddling with their intertwined fingers and biting her lip, Tiffany did not want to say goodbye. With nothing that actually went according to her plan for their first date, she would put it down as her best first date, ever. Jessica felt the same way. She walked slower than usual on the way back to her car to maximize her time with Tiffany. Jessica knew that she had to separate herself from her love because the redhead had to get her sleep for her job in the morning.

 

Taking both of Tiffany's hands in hers, Jessica pulled her so that they were pressed with magazine width in between. Tiffany slowly brought her arms up, trailing her hands against Jessica's arms, and wrapped around her neck as Jessica enveloped Tiffany in her's. Both closed their eyes and leaned in, pressing their lips together softly in a kiss. Tiffany, with obviously more experience, moved her lips until Jessica finally responded aptly. They separated only when they absolutely needed oxygen. Both were flushed scarlet, ears heated, looking in each other's eyes, and doing their best to bring their breathing back to normal. Jessica brought Tiffany's hands to her lips and placed a soft kiss on each.

"Thank you for my first and best first date, Tiff. I should go now." she whispered, breath hitting Tiffany's lips.

Tiffany's face couldn't get any hotter. "N-no, thank you, Jessi. This was my best first date too," she giggled.

Jessica reluctantly let go completely of Tiffany and opened her car door. Tiffany watched back on the the sidewalk sadly as she did so. Suddenly, Jessica rushed back to Tiffany and planted another soft kiss, but on her forehead. "Goodnight. I love you, Tiff." she whispered and went back to her car, getting in. Before Jessica went to far, Tiffany yelled, "I LOVE YOU TOO JESSICA JUNG!"

 

 

______________________________________________________________

A/N: How was it? Title is a Blink-182 song. One of my favorites. Wrote this when I was with the best friend. Girl was making me nervous reading over my shoulder the whole time! But she helped me out, so it's all good. The kiss is kinda a fail. I can do it, just not write it. This chapter certainly had soooo much cheese! Anyway, Thank You for reading.  :)