Long Lost Friends

Beautiful Day (HIATUS)

 

Time has seemed to never be on Jung Jessica's side. Like today. Jessica is now rushing, but definitely not running, through the clusters of people packed into the airport, trying to find her companions. 
 
"JESSICA! OVER HERE! STRAIGHT AHEAD," an extremely loud voice ricochets off of the crowd of people and pierces Jessica's ears.  
 
 
Finally reaching to where the loud voice emanated from, Jessica hunches over trying to catch her breath, even though she didn't break a sweat due to the fact that she didn't even run. 
"Geez, Sica. You promised me that you were going to be on time. What happened," a familiar bunny questioned. 
 
"I know I promised. I even set my alarm earlier than I was supposed to, but it didn't go off. I don't know what happened. So, I ended up waking up late and rushing here," Jessica explained to Sunny. 
 
The loud voice from earlier interjected, "Umm actually Sunny unnie, we messed with the boss's alarm last night. We thought she'd be so nervous and wake up on time anyway." 
 
"Damn it, shikshin, choding. You both know how important this trip is. You should count yourselves lucky that we can't replace you right now," a slightly jilted Sunny exasperates as she rubs he temples. 
 
"We're sorry," both the shikshin and choding appologized while looking to the floor. 
 
"Yah! You two should be saying sorry to the victim of your little prank," Jessica said. 
 
The shikshin and choding exchanged looks of fear, but swallowed it anyway, "We're sorry boss."
 
"Beg. You two could've caused me to miss my flight," the ice princess from within ordered. 
 
The two did as ordered. Bowing low on their knees, chanting loud 'We're sorry!' That is, until they heard high-pitched laughing coming from their bosses. They stopped, stood up and kept their faces down in embarrassment to avoid the looks of judging strangers. 
 
"Sunny unnie, boss. Stop laughing now. We're so embarrassed," the choding says. 
 
Jessica responds, "Serves you right. Let's get going or we'll all miss our flight."
 
 
The party of four went through security and proceeded to their gate, boarded the pane and took the respective seats and waited until they were up in the air. 
 
 
The aforementioned "shikshin" is Choi Sooyoung. She started working for Jessica as her new make up artist after Jessica fired her old one for "lack of competence that ruins the mood."  She works to pay for college. The "choding", is one Miss Kim Hyoyeon, whom had started working for Jessica at the same time as Sooyoung as the stylist for photo shoots. They've been working for the young genius photographer for four long years. Ever since Jessica won the photograph contest from the summer of Tiffany, she has garnered so much attention and a plethora of new clients. This abundance of clientele is what led Sunny to hiring the two trouble makers. 
 
 
Four years. Four agonizing years since Tiffany left Paris, and Jessica. Four years . They've kept in contact with one another amazingly well, considering the distance, the business , and feelings. Tiffany excitedly called Jessica literally right after receiving her acceptance letter to Juilliard. Jessica informed Tiffany about winning the contest that she described as, "a coercion of acceptance based on the manipulation of a friendship, that has led to something potentially beneficial."
 
 
Jessica now sits in her window seat, headphones firmly in her ears, next to Sunny. She was contemplating about what Sooyoung has mentioned earlier about being nervous. Was she so nervous that even the oblivious shikshin was able to notice? 'Yes, Jessica. You've done nothing but fret unwarrantedly since you agrees to taking this job. She shouldn't be like this, she's a professional, but she was. Not nervous about the shoot, but about seeing a certain eye-smiling beauty. She was going to New York. The New York where the Tiffany that she'd yet to see for four years. 
******
 
"Hey, Jessi," an abnormally flat voice greeted. 
 
"Hey, Tiff. What's wrong? I can't see your eye-smile that rivals gems."
 
"Of course you can't see my smile, we're talking on the phone silly. And nothing..."
 
"Liar! Tell me or I shall be forced to release upon you my arsenal of cheesy jokes," Jessica warned. 
 
"Nothing's wrong. Can't I just call my best friend?"
 
"Then you've tied my hands," Jessica cleared as if she's about to make a speech, "A bicycle can't stand on it's own because its two-tired. Energizer bunny arrested, charged with battery. Why don't cannibals eat clowns? Because they taste funny. What does..."
 
"Okay, okay," Tiffany interrupted, "I'll talk. Just please stop. They don't even sound funny when you say them."
 
"Good. Now spill."
 
"We'll, I was thinking..."
 
"About?"
 
"What if we can't see each other anymore? We've both been way busy enough now, think about how it might be in the future, near future even. We could get so busy that we lose touch and then eventually forget about one another. I don't want to loose you, Jessi, you're too precious."
 
Jessica remained quiet until Tiffany stopped. "You know that you'll never loose me, Tiff. You're kinda stuck with me since you initiated this whole thing. Now, look outside and tell me what you see that reminds you of me."
 
"Umm, well the park across the street has an angry looking grandpa sitting on a bench. He looks like he's waiting for someone. Oh! He was waiting for his wife it seems. Jessi, you should've seen how quickly fis face went from holding a scowl to a smile. She changed him."
 
"I remind you of an old man, huh? I see how it is. I'll let it go because its you. Now whenever you see an old man, you'll see me, then you'll call me or something. I'll always answer. We'll be like long lost friends that aren't lost anymore."
 
"That sounds like a plan. Thanks, Jessi. I really needed the assurance.... Hey Jessi?"
 
"Yes?"
 
"What's outside that you see that reminds you of me?"
 
"Uh, there's this yappy, little ankle-biter dog outside. It hasn't shut up in like days."
 
"An annoying dog reminds you of me?! Thanks, Jessi."
 
"You didn't let me finish! Gosh you're so reactive. I was gonna say that even though its annoying, I still find it cute and want to pet it and stuff."
 
"Awww! Jessi you're so cheesy!"
 
"Because it's you."

______________________

a/n: did the title mislead you guys? Haha sorry if it did, I was inspired by "long lost friends" by transit. Btw I got a 100% on my ap psychology test from last week and it was supposed to be the hardest so far. Anyways, sorry, again, for misleading. Jeti will maybe meeting again next chapter. Thank you for reading. Much appreciated. :)