Warmer

Beautiful Day (HIATUS)

Krystal and Seohyun have also been getting closer during this summer. Both girls felt an overwhelming need to see each other and spend more time getting to know the other better. 

Krystal decided to pay a surprise visit to her formerly known as Number Two. The youngest Jung had woken up particularly early to choose an appropriate outfit. She decided to go casual with a plain t-shirt and dark blue jeans. Oh, how alike the Jung sisters really are. She felt generous that morning and went to go wake her sister up. 
 
When she went into her sister’s room, she saw Jessica splayed out on her bed, hugging one of the pillows and kissing it. Krystal couldn’t control herself, she laughed so hard that tears were welling up in her eyes. She quickly took a picture and a short video of her sister talking to the pillow, calling it ‘Tiff’. She would be sure to show this to her eye-smiling unnie, should her sister cross the line. Krystal tried many times waking her unnie up, but nothing worked so she gave up.
 
Krystal took the bus over to Seohyun's apartment and walked up the four flights of stairs again. She cursed the landlord of the complex for not getting it fixed yet. At the goguma lover's door she knocked three times slowly and two times fast. Krystal decided it was safer for Seohyun if she made up a special knock so the older girl would know its her; there was no peephole or any form of security. 
 
Seohyun heard the knock, took a deep and calming breath, and opened the door. She was amazed, as she was every time Krystal had visited her. Even if Krystal was wearing plain clothes, Seohyun thought she looked like a great sight to see. Krystal walked into the apartment without greeting nor being invited in yet, as she always did. 
 
"Hi Krystal." Seohyun said nervously. 
 
"Hey." a little too coldly said. Krystal made herself at home by plopping down on the couch and turning on the t.v. 
 
Seohyun was not pleased. She's grown a little more confident in protesting her president's actions. She took the remote from Krystal's hand, turned off the machine and looked at Krystal disapprovingly. 
 
"Hey! Why'd you do that?" Apparently, she did not know or seem to not care what the problem is. 
 
"You came without warning, walked in without being invited, greeted me in a way the wasn't really nice at all, and made yourself at home in someone else's home." Seohyun let out an exasperated sigh, still looking at Krystal disapprovingly. It seemed to her, that no matter how far they'd come since being enemies, Krystal would not treat her right. 
 
Krystal stood up from the couch with her back straight. She didn't know what it was, but she did not like Seohyun looking at her like that. She didn't even know that she'd done anything wrong until now. "I'm sorry Seohyun. I just thought.... Uh... Since I come over a lot now, that I was welcome." Krystal said while looking down. She started to walk to the door, "I just wanted to come and hang out with you. I'm sorry. I'll go now then."
 
Seohyun was shocked and stopped Krystal from walking any further. Leave? She did not want Krystal to leave. On the contrary, she wanted the younger girl to stay. "Don't go." she said in a small voice. "I didn't mean it like that, I just wanted you to know what you did that was wrong. I don't want you to leave."
 
"Really?" Krystal said quickly and expectantly. She cleared and answered in a monotone voice, "I mean, really?"
 
Seohyun giggled, "Yes, but next time, follow proper procedure when visiting someone else's place, okay?"
 
"Yeah, yeah." she waved her hand in the air in a careless manner. 
 
They both walked to the couch and sat down. 
 
"Why did you decide to come over today and without informing me beforehand?" Seohyun asked curiously. 
 
"I dunno. Just wanted to surprise you, I guess. Plus, I would have been bored at my place." Krystal took the remote and turned the t.v. back on and flipped through the channels.  
 
"Why surprise? You could have still come over if you asked."
 
"Because you need more variety in your life." she sighed and turned to look at Seohyun. "You are a boring person, you know?"
 
Seohyun blushed and looked down. She knows she is, but that isn't why she's blushing. "If I'm so boring, why are you so insistent on seeing me all the time?" Crafty comeback, Seohyun: 1point. 
 
Taken aback, but regaining herself quickly, "Uhhh... Well, because I like to. I can make you not boring." She lifted Seohyun's head to look at her, "Do you not agree?" Making Seohyun blush, Krystal: 1 point. 
 
Indeed, indeed, little innocent Seo Juhyun was blushing. Through the summer, she has become more open. And yes, because of Krystal Jung Soojung. The fact that Krystal herself admitted that she liked spending time with Seohyun, made the slightly older girl's heart flutter. She was frustrated, however. Seohyun was blushing for a reason, she's spent all summer with her crush and said crush has failed to notice her feelings. 
 
Krystal sprang up from the couch and shook Seohyun excitedly, "Let's go out today!"
 
"W-what? Why?"
 
"Because it's boring staying here all stuffed up. All we do when I come over is study, and it's summer. Let's do something fun and different!"
 
"Okay. But what are we going to do Krystal?"
 
"Uhhh... Mini golf?" Krystal asked, unsure of why that was the first thing she thought of. 
 
"Mini golf?"
 
"Yeah. Golf, but mini." 
'Way to sound smart Jung. You're freaking brilliant!' she thought. "Like putt putt."
 
"Oh, I guess we could do that." Seohyun was unsure. She didn't want to seem too eager nor too placid. 
 
"Well... We don't have to. I mean, if you don't want to. We could stay here and study like we always do."
'Gosh, Krystal. Why do you always make yourself a wounded puppy?'
 
"Aniyo! Let's go! I want to go!" 
 
"YES!" She cleared , "Ah let's go then."
 
 
The two girls walked down and to the bus stop. The bus was crowded, as usual in the morning. They boarded the bus and took the first seats they saw. A few stops away from their destination, an elderly woman with her groceries came onto the bus. No one offered her their place to sit, so Krystal did. The old woman thanked her kindly in that old lady way. Seohyun looked quite shocked at the baby Jung's actions, but said nothing as Krystal looked forward, ignoring her. 'Why avoid eye contact?' Seohyun asked in her mind. 
 
After getting off at their stop, Krystal walked like she was on a mission. Unfortunately, she was walking too fast in the crowded sidewalk and left Seohyun behind. Not a very responsible baby Jung, but in her defense, Krystal was excited. Krystal finally noticed the other girl's lack of presence when she was about to round the corner.
 
Krystal was in panic mode. She about faced and retraced her steps to look for Seohyun. She called the other girl's name loudly. 
 
'How the hell can I be so stupid to not notice she wasn't right next to me? Jungs aren't stupid, therefore, I am not stupid. But if anything happens to her...' She continued to rant to herself when she caught a glimpse of familiar long, pin straight hair. Baby Jung to the hair, pushing people out of the way without apologizing. She didn't care, Seohyun wasn't with her. 
 
When she reached the hair, she was panting, bent over slightly, leaning her hands on her thighs. There in front of her was a confused Seohyun sitting on a bench calmly with her phone in hand. She got worried seeing Krystal like that so she stood up, took Krystal's hands and sat her on the bench. 
 
"Krystal, gwenchana? I'll be back right away, I'm going to buy you some water." She started off when hands grabbed her by the waist. 
 
Krystal was standing right behind her, still breathing heavily. "You..." she had to pause for another breath. "don't go away from me again." She may have been panting after having run and in no mood to be joking around, but Seohyun felt that what krystal had just demanded, was something more than an attempt to not lose her again. 
 
"You need some water. Just wait a few minutes and I'll be right back. Okay?" Seohyun swung in Krystal's grip, took her hands and pushed her backwards until the back of her knees hit the bench and Krystal was sitting down again. 
 
Stubborn as a child throwing a tantrum in a store, Krystal stood up again and spoke looking directly into Seohyun's eyes, "I said you don't leave me. I'm fine now. Let's go get it together." 
 
Seohyun just could not disobey this one order from Krystal. "O-okay..." she whispered. 
 
They got the water and sat back on the bench in complete and utter silence. The air around them was thick with tension, and not the good kind. Tension that was always around back since their primary school days. Krystal drank her water and looked at the tense girl next to her. A tense Seohyun was not a good Seohyun. She decided that talking about what had just happened would be necessary. "Look, first I want to say is that I'm sorry for losing you in the crowd. I really thought you were next to me the whole time because you were as excited as I was. It will never happen again. I mean... If you ever want to hang out again with me after this. You have every right to be upset with me. I was not being responsible, as I should have." 

Seohyun shook her head and stifled a laugh. The great Krystal Jung was apologizing and reprimanding herself. What a sight to see. "No more. I understand that it was an accident that we got separated. I do not blame you nor think that you are not responsible. When I figured I couldn't catch up to you, I decided to sit here and call you." She observed Krystal's relaxation at what she'd just said. Calmer and controlled breaths, relaxation of the muscle, especially those in the face and upper body, and the dilation and contraction if her pupils.  Behind the calming of Krystal's eyes, was the flicker of something more that she could not pinpoint the meaning of.

 

"I didn't get any call..." Krystal took out her phone to prove it. When she unlocked it, there they were, 5 missed calls. "Ahaha... I guess i didn't notice."
 
"It's okay. You ran around and found me." Seohyun said smiling. 
 
"We should go then. We still have some mini golfing to do. And I have your to kick!"
 
"Alright!"
 
 
They finally made it to the mini golf course, choose the color of their golf balls and clubs. Krystal chose red for both and Seohyun chose green for hers.
 
 
 When they started, Seohyun refused to accept Krystal's offer to teach her what to do. She wanted to learn by herself, by watching Krystal go first. Krystal swiftly and lightly swung her club hitting the ball and rolled right into the hole. The independent Seohyun took her turn and copied exactly Krystal's movements, ending with the same result as the girl before her. Seohyun clapped at her small, but new achievement. Krystal couldn't help but smile at this silly girl in front of her. 
"Seohyun, it's only the first hole, it does get harder." she teased, smiling. 
 
"But it's still exciting!"
 
"You're right, it is. Let's go!" Krystal grabbed the goguma lover's hand and took of to the next hole. 
 
 
The maknaes went through the other holes with much ease as are now at the last hole. Krystal took her turn and, like a boss, only needed one swing of her club to make a hole in one. She jumped up and down, rubbing her victory in Seohyun's face. Krystal then regained her composure after her childish outburst and stepped to the side, allowing room for Seohyun to go. 
 
Seohyun had been staring at the path of the last course, trying to figure out exactly how to make it in one go. If she made it perfectly, she and Krystal would be tied. She wanted to stop the other girl's little celebration for winning. 
 
Noticing that the older girl was taking too long to make the swing, Krystal walked over and offered to help. It was hot and Seohyun was taking too long.
 
"Aniyo! I can do this. I just need a little more time." she said stubbornly. Seohyun returned her sight back to the path that her ball would take. 
 
"Ugh. Just let me help."
 
"No. I can do this." Seohyun swung her club. Hit and a miss. She looked to Krystal and back to where her ball had settled. Somehow it ended up behind them. "Well, I guess that's that." she walked to her ball and tried to pick it up, but Krystal swatted her hand away. 
 
"Just because you didn't make it in one to make us even, doesn't mean that you're done." she smirked looking at the surprised Seohyun. "What? Did you think I didn't know?"
 
"It doesn't matter if I finish or not. Why? Don't you want to go?"
 
"Because I wanted you to have fun. You shouldn't leave here all upset. I can not handle that." Krystal demanded and pointed to the spot in front of her, "Get over here and finish this."
 
Seohyun can't refuse a demanding baby Jung. She shuffled over to the spot designated to her. 
 
"Now stand like this..." she began to rearrange Seohyun's posture. "And then face this way..." Krystal continued to reposition the other girl. 
 
Satisfied with the rearrangement, Krystal practically glued her front to Seohyun's back, s her arms around the other pair, and rested her hands on Seohyun's. Uncomfortable with the sudden skinship, the goguma lover tried to squirm out of the gentle iron grip, but to no avail. Krystal is a Jung, and Jung's are insanely strong. "Stay still or you'll ruin this. Or make people think I'm doing something bad to you." Krystal breathed out. 
 
 Krystal brought their hands back and swung lightly, but with enough force. With that one smooth , the ball glided across the course and landed perfectly in the hole.
 
Seohyun wasn't sure if it was the summer heat or the rapid beating of her heart, but she was feeling light headed. Her face Felt like it would be beet red right now, it was. Krystal that close, made her feel warmer. She feverishly hoped that Krystal hasn't felt her heart palpations. 
 
Krystal stepped back from Seohyun with a satisfied smile painted on her face. Her smile fell, though, when she saw the other girl's expression. She expected her to be smiling happily with her, not frowning. 
 
"Hey, I know you didn't tie with me, but you could at least seem like you had a good time."
'And show me your smile.'
 
"Huh? Oh... It's not that I didn't enjoy this..." she paused to try to form correct sentences. "I... The... I just got really nervous with you holding me all of a sudden." she smiled shyly. 
 
'Like that!' Krystal's mind screamed happily. 
 
 
They decided to go back to Seohyun's apartment because it was just too hot. The sun had drained them of any leftover energy that they would have spent on anything else. Seohyun and Krystal sat on the couch once again. They were watching reruns Yoona's  winter drama. However, Krystal wasn't paying attention to it like Seohyun was. She was itching to say something. 
 
"Seohyun?" 
 
Turning her attention from the show to the person who called her name, "Yes?"
 
"I have something I want to ask you..."
 
"Pertaining to?"
 
"Ugh. Could you not answer with another question. Just humor me, will ya?"
 
"Fine. Sure."
 
"I was wondering... No... Will you allow me to..." Krystal was having trouble wording her sentence right. 
 
"Yes?"
 
"Would you allow me to call you Number Two again? Not like with any bad meaning of feeling. Just making the water warmer. A nickname. Like friends do when they get closer. I like calling you that, with no malice." she looked rather cute. Krystal asked with her eyes full of hope and shyness. 
 
Seohyun mulled it over. "If you call me that, then I get to call you president again."
 
"Okay. President? That's fine." she stuck her hand out for  an-end-of-a-deal shake.  Seohyun refunded the gesture. "Are you sure you want to call me president? How about Stali? Or Krys?"
 
Firmly and with authority, she said, "If I don't get to call you president, you don't get to call me Number Two." 
 
"Okay, okay"