Life

Beautiful Day (HIATUS)

Life's a then you die. This is Jung Jessica's new life motto from here on in.

 

The quartet had landed last night in New York and went to their paid for hotel to rest. Today they attended a meeting with the magazine that contracted Jessica to finalize the concept for the photo shoot and meet the models featured, Im Yoona and Kwon Yuri, up and rising young models from South Korea. After the conceptual meeting, Jessica ventured off to Juilliard in search of Tiffany to surprise her with her arrival, but she was not expecting to be put in her place by a slap from reality so soon.

 

Here she stood, in front of two happily in love people. It was sickening. If she still had the barf bag from the plane ride, she would have used it. Her internal organs were flipping, twisting, and churning. She hated it. Her chest felt constrained, as if she were wearing a corset that was also being crushed within the giant hands of the cyclops from The Odyssey. Here she is, standing infront of her eye-smiling princess that wasn't hers and her lover, Kim Taeyeon.

 

"Jessi, I have something very important to tell you. You're the first person I'm telling because you're my bestfriend," Tiffany said excitedly into her phone.

Jessica thought, 'Please tell me she's not going to tell me what I think she's gonna say. Please don't let it be that. Please let her tell me how she saw another grumpy old man again.'

"Sure, Tiff. I am curious as to what's making you sound extra happy today. What is this exciting, important news?"

"I have a girlfriend now. You remember me telling you about my sunbae, Kim Taeyeon? Well, we're dating now. She's great! Taetae is actually graduating this year..." Tiffany droned on.

Jessica was lost in the hollow void where her thoughts were supposed to be. She could not think after her my had processed the word 'girlfriend'. 

Tiffany broke her daze, "JESSI! Were you even listening to me or did you pace out again? Geez, you could pretend to care and fake interest in this. I feel like you really don't care about this and how happy I am."

"NO...Wait, Tiff.  I did doze off a little bit, honestly, but that was because you were talking too fast and I couldn't keep up. Not care? Tiffany Hwang Miyoung, who do you think I am? I do care about you. A lot actually, so don't say that again,' Jessica quickly deffended herself. "And of course I'm happy for you, Tiff. When you are happy, I am happy too, as your bestfriend." The last sentence was a lie, though. She was most certainly not happy about Tiffany having a girlfriend. However, she was happy that Tiffany was happy, it's just the whole thing about someone else being the source of said happiness.

"Really Jessi? I'm sorry for accusing you of not caring. I just got worried when you didn't respond."

"Really, Tiff. I'm happy for you. I can't wait until I can meet her,' there she goes lying again. 'This is gonna end up being a habit,' she thought. 

"And if she does anything to hurt you,Tiff, tell me and I'll take care of it." Tiffany took this as playful joking, but Jessica was as serious as the Black Plague. 

"Oh Jessi. Don't be like that. Taeyeon won't ever hurt me."

"I'm just saying. It's an option. I know people."

"Should I ask?"

"Another story for another day. Let's relish in the happiness from your new relationship."

 

"JESSI," An always loud Tiffany shrieked like a dying banshee. Running toward the slightly shorter girl and pouncing on her as a puma would to its prey. They fell, facing each other with Jessica's back hitting the cement sidewalk. Jessica groaned in pain attempting to get up with Tiffany still attached her as a koala would to an eucalyptus tree. After minutes of waggling eyebrows, suggestive body gestures, and the occasional confused face, Tiffany  finally got off of Jessica and helped her up. Jessica checked to make sure her personal camera  wasn't damaged by the Fany attack, it wasn't. She looked up and smiled slightly, but warmly, "Been awhile, hasn't it Tiff?"