Summer

Beautiful Day (HIATUS)

 

At about 9 at night, Jessica and Sunny were finally did with the photo shoo and cleaning up. They ate and went back home. Jessica dropped herself onto the couch and Sunny is sitting on the recliner. Jessica and Sunny's families have been close for decades because of their business partnership. Sunny acts as Jessica's surrogate elder sister, being that she's five years older. It was only natural for Jessica to seek out Sunny when she ran away, and the bunny gladly welcomed her. Sunny started her own management business, but had a falling out with her old photographer. So, when Jessica arrived, she asked the princess if she wanted the job, and one year later here they are. 
 
 
"So," Sunny began after hearing Jessica's recall of the day's events, "if I didn't know you any better, I would've thought you don't like this Tiffany, but you do."
 
"Like her? She's just interesting. Thought provoking even."
 
"My . That's only partially true and you know it. You like that she's interesting."
 
"Can't you just be happy that I have a friend?"
 
"Oh but I am. I just want to know if there's a possibility that you may like her as more than a friend."
 
"How can I? We just met."
 
"Yes, but the heart wants what the heart wants."
 
"Whatever. I'm going to bed, I'm tired."
 
"Night Sica. And remember lying, even to yourself, is unbefitting of a princess."
 
 
Jessica laid snug in her bed, focusing what little energy she had left, to not thing about the intuitive bunny's words, but to no avail. She  was peacefully asleep until the chime from her cell phone went off. It was a text from Tiffany, that read: 'I know you're probably sleeping, but tomorrow I don't have rehearsal or class. So, can we hang out?'
'I was indeed sleeping, peacefully. But yeah tomorrow is fine. Lets meet in front of the concert hall at 9. Night'
'Great! Sleep well, Jessi.'
'Sweet dreams.'
 
 
In the morning, a drowsy blonde girl and a too-chipper-for-the-morning girl sat in a cafe eating their breakfast. Sipping her coffee after having finished her breakfast, Tiffany spoke, "What are we going to do today, Jessi?"
 
"I don't know. What do you do when you hang out with your friends?"
 
"As if you don't know."
 
"I don't. I didn't have friends because people didn't like me for two reasons: they felt intimidated by my icy disposition or their pride didn't allow them to befriend someone younger and smarter than themselves. Either way, I was left alone."
 
"But that's not fair! People shouldn't judge based on appearance. And using your intelligence as an excuse? You where born that way, so what,"
Tiffany exasperated, slightly irritated. 
 
"Life's not fair, Tiff. But it's okay 'cause I adapted. I liked being alone, it was easy."
 
"No one should have to get use to being alone. Well, you have me now."
 
"Yeah, I have you," Jessica smiled warmly and Tiffany reciprocated with her own signature eye-smile. 
 
Jessica and Tiffany now walked in the park at the base of the Eiffel Tower. Talking about themselves, getting to know each other. 
"Jessi?"
 
"Hmm?"
 
"Do you think that you'll ever go back home?"
 
"I don't really know right now, Tiff. Part of me does and part of me doesn't."
 
"Why?"
 
"Part of me wants to because I do miss them. I mean they're my family. There were times that they treated me like their daughter and not their puppet. Then there's part of me that's afraid."
 
"Of what?"
 
"That if I go back, they'll treat me like before. I didn't like being that person. I was just an empty puppet that they pulled the strings of to show off to their friends."
 
"I'm sorry for asking," Tiffany said as she saw a tear break through its barricade and run down Jessica's face. 
 
This is how they spent their summer. Talking, photographing, walking, and composing. 
 
"Tiff, why do you have to plan everything for your life?"
 
"Because I have goals that need to be fulfilled and to fulfill them, I have to plan."
 
"That's no fun."
 
"Maybe to you."
--------------------------
 
"Sunny unnie asked me if I wanted to enter a photography contest..."
 
"You should do it. You have real talent that more people should see."
 
"But what if the judges don't think so because someone else is better? There's going to be an international panel."
 
"Are you so unsure of yourself that you won't even try? That's disappointing, Jessi. I never had you pinned as the kind of person to quit before starting."
 
"I'll enter then."
 
"I have faith in you. You really are great."
--------------------
 
It's late in the night and Tiffany is still in the concert hall trying to work on her composition, but she's reached an impasse. The light is emanating from the stage where Tiffany is sitting on the piano bench. Frustrated, she spews her score sheets across the wooded stage. 
"Tiff," Jessica called out as she made her way to the stage. No response. 
"Tiff," she calls again, more softly than before as she places a hand on a hunched over Tiffany's shoulder. 
 
"Go away."
 
"Nope. Never."
 Tiffany looks up to Jessica, tears slicing down her angelic canvas. She hugs her Jessi abruptly and tightly, burying her face into the latter's clothes stomach. Jessica coos while rubbing the younger's back gingerly and her hair carefully, as if putting too much pressure will break the already crumbling girl. 
 
"I can't finish it. Nothing I write works. I can't finish it," Tiffany speaks into the shirt. 
 
"You're gonna finish it, Tiff. You just need to walk it off."
 
Tiffany lets go of Jessica and looks at her incredulously, " I said I can't finish my work and you tell me to walk it off? I'm not in the mood for your bad jokes, Jessi."
 
"I'm not joking. It's what you do when you've reached a problem you can't solve. You're blocked, you just need to take a walk and clear your mind. It'll help you think from a new perspective."
 
Jessica takes Tiffany's hand and guides her outside, "Please trust me, Tiff."
 
"Okay."
 
After a little walk down the street and back, Tiffany takes her place at the piano, inhales and exhales closing her eyes and begins to play. Listening to the flow of music, Jessica picks up the score sheets and places them back in their place on the piano. Tiffany stops playing and looks into Jessica's eyes, "Thank you."
 
"Anytime."
---------------------
 
It is D-day. Tiffany and Jessica are standing in front of the security line, but far enough away so that they're not in other travelers' way. Neither really knows what to say, until Jessica breaks their bubble, "You should get in line."
 
"You want me gone already, huh," Tiffany responds pouting. 
 
"Of course not. It's a to get through security. I don't want you to miss your flight. Not that I would mind, but it certainly wouldn't be part of your plan," Jessica said and stuck out her tongue. 
 
"Then, I guess I'll get in line."
Jessica grabs Tiffany into her arms  and lets the other girl sob into her neck. Jessica answers the sobs by hugging even tighter, assuring that everything will fall into place. 
 
"I'll miss you Jessi," Tiffany whispers, face still in the other's neck. Jessica pulls away from the embrace, cups Tiffany's face and rubs away the tear that've dared to stain the beauty's face. 
 
"No more crying, you look too ugly," Jessica said before receiving a smack to her arm. 
 
"Goodbye Jessi. I'll call you right when I land."
 
"You should call your Dad first. We wouldn't want him forgetting to pick you up. Goodbye, Tiff."
 
"Goodbyes are sad."
 
"Goodbye means 'until we meet again' so get going."
 
_____________________
A/N: this is most definately not the end. I wrote this while listening to Death Ca For Cutie's Love Song and it just seemed to mesh well. Please look forward to more. :)