The Fear

Beautiful Day (HIATUS)

 

Though Tiffany was the one to set the time and date, she was the one running a tad late. Well, what she considers 'a tad' is actually 20 minutes late. Jessica would've been upset had it been anyone else, but since it was Tiffany (her Achilles Heel) it was fine. 
 
 
Jessica arrived at the designated Soshi Cafe promptly at 9 am, ordered coffee for Tiffany and herself, and when the redhead hadn't showed after ten minutes, she started to worry. She called Tiffany and the other answered breathlessly saying that it'll take about another ten minutes until she can get there. Jessica was still worried. 
 
 
Tiffany burst into the cafe eliciting a mixture of annoyed, confused, and curious glances from the other patrons. She apologized and went over to where Jessica was seated, hugged her and sat down as well. 
 
"I'm so sorry for being late, Jessi. I know how you are with punctuality."
 
Jessica wasn't mad. No, not in the slightest she faked it though, to tease Tiffany for a bit. "I waited for 20 minutes, Tiff" she said in her cold voice, not looking directly at the redhead for fear of being caught so soon. 
 
"I know and I'm extremely sorry! I forgot that Seohyun had this book signing thing for Ban Ki Moon that she needed a ride for from me. She wanted to get in line extra early to ensure that she would get to meet him and get his autograph." Tiffany explained with haste. So much haste, that it sounded jumbled like how her Korean sounded when she first moved to there. She was nervous and sorry because she made her Jessi wait, and she knew she didn't like to wait.
 
"I woke up before noon on a Sunday. Then I had wait."
 
"I know. I'm so sorry." Tiffany repeated. 
 
"But, since you're the one who made me wait..."
 
"Yeah?"
 
Jessica smirked, "I will allow it. You should feel lucky."
 
"I thought you were angry with me!" Tiffany pouted. 
 
'She's too cute when she pouts I can't control myself' Jessica thought. 
"Don't pout, Tiff. And if I was really mad, I would've left as soon as I saw that you hadn't showed up yet."
 
Jessica received a blow to her upper arm by a still pouting Tiffany. 
 
"So, if it wasn't me who made you wait, you would've just up and left?"
 
"Like I committed a crime, yes."
 
"That's mean, Jessi!"
 
"It's mean to make me wake up early on my lazy day and then wait for the person who planned all of this."
 
"I said I was sorry."
 
"I know. I was just teasing you. It's fun."
 
"You tease me too much."
 
"Obviously not, since we're still friends."
 
"You could tease me less."
 
"Nah... What would this friendship be if I didn't tease you?"
 
"A nice one?"
 
"In theory."
 
"Meanie Jessi!"
 
"Yes? How may I help you?" Jessica said with a cheeky smile. 
 
 
The two sat and ate and talked in that small cafe the whole day. The did have years to catch up on. 
 
 
Tiffany held in the back of her mind the thoughts of how much she really did love Jessica. She knew how wrong she was to act that way to Jessica and hurt her. She was just afraid that it might end up like before. Taeyeon had told her, after Jessica left, that 'fearing what could be because of what has been, is just asinine.' Tiffany had made a resolve to try to get Jessica to be hers, even if it took a life time. 
 
 
Jessica loved every second of time she was spending with Tiffany. She didn't know how she had made it three years without hearing the other's husky voice that made her deaf to the world. How she'd gone without seeing the soft facial features that melted her like hot syrup (especially that adorable eye-smile that a golden retriever puppy would be jealous of). Just everything that was Tiffany she missed. Yes, she loves Tiffany, but right now she can't open her heart up the same way as before because she doesn't want to be hurt, again. She wants to though, she just needs Tiffany to show her that it will be okay.
 
 
After Tiffany's call the night before, Jessica was excited like a kid before a field trip to the zoo the next day. Jessica had woken up at 6 and spent the following two hours changing outfits like she was a runway model. She even woke up Krystal to help her decide, only to have her sister yell at her, "The one time you wake up before noon and you think it's okay to wake me up as well?! I'm on vacation! Just wear wherever. Tiffany unnie probably won't even notice. Goodbye!" and she was pushed out of the younger's room. Jessica knew that her sister was right so, she finally settled on a black v-neck and jeans. 
 
However, Tiffany did in fact notice the brunette's attire. She thought Jessica looked too good. Tiffany thought, 'I mean makes jeans and a t-shirt look so...so hot. Jessi's shirt is fitted and cut awfully low so, I can just barely manage to see her chest. He jeans are also tightly fitted. I can see her beautiful s-line that I'm both attracted to and jealous of.' Jessica was only looking at Tiffany looking at her and she noticed the slight redness growing upon Tiffany's cheeks and wondered it the temperature in the cafe was too hot, "Tiff, gwenchana? Should we go somewhere cooler?"
 
Tiffany stopped her getting-progressively-erted thoughts about Jessica. "W-what a-are you talking about?"
 
"Well your cheeks seem to be getting red and I thought that it maybe too warm in the cafe. With the place full and all." She responded almost innocently and oblivious to Tiffany's reasons. 
 
"My cheeks?" Tiffany reached her hands to her face and felt the heat emanating from them. "Oh, Jessi. That's just... Because... Um yeah. There's too many people here. We should go."
 
"Alright, I'll go pay."
 
"Wait, Jessi!" Too late. Jessica was already across the cafe at the register paying after swiftly getting up and dodging the wait staff and other customers. 
 
 
Jessica was a fond believer in chivalry, even if it meant she was to act it out. She would not let Tiffany pay. Old-fashioned? Yes, blame her grandfather's rants on deteriorating social customs for that.
 
 
Jessica returned to the table and smiled brightly at Tiffany, "Let's go?"
 
Tiffany stood up, locked her arm with Jessica's and followed her out of the cafe. It was always Tiffany who initiated skin ship, she wasn't shy about it before because they're both girls. But right now, she did indeed feel shy because she was holding Jessica because she heard the table of guys nearby saying dirty things about Jessica. 
 
"Jessi, you shouldn't wear clothes like that."
 
"Why? It's just jeans and a t-shirt. Even though it's summer I'm not that hot."
 
"That's not what I mean. A v-neck shirt and body-hugging jeans. People will definitely notice your body in that."
 
Jessica kept her poker face while walking. She was shocked and pleasantly surprised by her redheaded love's notice of her outfit. She went plain because she was certain that Tiffany wouldn't care to notice. Jessica blushed when she realized that Tiffany wasn't just looking at her in the cafe, but checking her out. Tiffany didn't just notice her clothes, but her body. 
 
"Why would it matter, Tiff, what other people think?"
 
Tiffany stopped, anchoring Jessica as well, and look at Jessica's confused face with a serious one, "It matters because people will say dirty things and I don't like it. I don't like hearing those things about my Jessi."
 
"I'm yours?" Jessica asked with her smirk and right eye brow raised. She was anxious to hear the answer.
 
"Yes, of course." Jessica heart beat rapidly and her stomach was doing gymnastics inside her. 
 
"Oh, but still. No matter what I wear, I can't control what people think. I'm not gonna walk around in a potato sack just so people won't think dirty things about me."
 
"I know... It's just, you could maybe wear less revealing clothes?"
 
"What I'm wearing does not constitute as revealing. But if it makes you feel any better, I feel the same way about what you're wearing, Tiff."
 
"But I'm just wearing a dress, Jessi." She blushed at Jessica's remark. Now both of their faces held an Auburn Apple's reddish color. 
 
"A summer dress that shows off your hon-- thighs."
 
"It's mid-thigh."
 
"Still I can see them. It's no different from what I'm wearing. Can we just agree to deal with whatever the other decides to wear?"
 
Tiffany huffed and pouted, "Fine."
 
"Good. And why do you always have to pout?"
'Its just too cute, Tiff. You need to stop.'
 
"I pout because I'm not satisfied."
 
"What can I do to satisfy you then?" Both Jessica and Tiffany froze like Medusa made statues. They knew the implications that sentence had and thought of all of them. Both of the young women's faces are now fire truck red. 
 
"Ummm... I didn't mean it like that. I don't like you like that anymore, Tiff." Jessica lied. 
 
Tiffany released her erted thoughts and frowned, but quickly covered it with a smile. Not one that met her eyes, though. Tiffany knew that Jessica was lying (Jessica was an easy read for her), but she hoped that Jessica wouldn't try to hide her feelings. She also knew the reason was because of the incident. "It's fine, Jessi. I know you."
 
 
They resumed walking, only Jessica has removed herself from Tiffany to take pictures. They were walking to a park in their favorite quiet, thinking. Thinking about each other. 
 
"Hey, Tiff. Why do you call Juhyun, Seohyun?"
 
"Oh? Being all curious again are we Jessi?" Tiffany teased with a playful smile. 
 
Jessica played along, "I am as curious as a cat!"
 
"Hehe... JessiCat!" Tiffany chanted, "JessiCat! JessiCat! JessiCat!"
 
"Okay, enough with that. I think I just introduced a new shiny thing to you. Geez, I should've know better than to play along with your foolishness."
 
"Fine, JessiCat. I call her Seohyun because she asked me to when we got closer."
 
"Ahhh..."
 
"But I didn't know why until I went to pick her up from school one day. There were some stupid kids picking on her, saying something about her 'princess name and attitude' making people angry. I was going to help her when Krystal showed up with her friends, I guess. She scared away those bullies with her glare. Then Krystal said to Seohyun, 'You don't have to be helpless like Rapunzel, you know? You don't have to act differently because of other people. Those kids are stupid. Your name really does give off a princess-like vibe and it suits you, it's your inability to connect with others that people don't like. This is not the first time I've told you this Number Two. I told you that Seohyun would be a fine name because you're not really changing it. But whatever, just stop being so helpless, you'll only be bullied more.' Seohyun sees your sister as like her hero or something."
 
"Omo! I'm so going to use this to tease that little brat next time she tries me."
 
"Jessi, don't be like that to Krystal. She's your sister."
 
"Exactly, and as her sister, I shall tease the hell out of her!"
 
"No cursing!"
 
"No promises."
 
"Jessi" Tiffany pouted an whined.
 
"Fine, no cursing. Stop pouting!"
 
"Hehe, Yay!" Tiffany looped her arm through Jessica's again, holding on firmly and walked to a bench.
 
"But, Jessi" she said as they sat down, "I want Seohyun and Krystal to be together."
 
"I do too. Krystal's being so stubborn about admitting her feeling."
 
"We should...find a way to help them then."
 
"My, my, Tiffany Hwang, are you being meddlesome? And why is this a 'we'?"
 
"Why yes, I am Jessica Jung. One of them is your sister. Come one, Jessi!" she pouted and showed her aegyo and made her eyes big.
 
"Okay. No more pouting for Pete's Sake! You're just doing it on purpose now."
 
"Yay! Yay! And of course. I have to use what works on you." Tiffany smiled and made a v-sign in Jessica's face. "We've got to start planning, Jessi."
 
"Later. I need a nap."
 
"Okay."
 
 
 
___________________________________________
A/N: Title is a song by Lily Allen. Been a little while hasn't it? I was on vacation. This chapter was really long so I'm splitting it up. Double update coming soon~