Deal

Beautiful Day (HIATUS)

"Jessi, since you took my picture already, I have a favor to ask of you," Tiffany said. Both hands on her coffee mug, clutching it for fear it will somehow get up and walk away. Tiffany took a deep breath and spewed out, "I'm only here in Paris for the summer as part of the International Youth Orchestra. I want to use this experience to write a composition that will make the admissions officers at Juilliard awestruck. I haven't been able to write a single viable thing since I got here last week, though, until I saw you. I don't know why, but there's something about you that draws the right notes out of me. So, I'm asking you to PLEASE BE MY MUSE!"

 
 
Jessica stared blankly at Tiffany, trying to get her mind to play catch up it Tiffany's words. As Jessica finally understood after a fess minutes of silence, she responded with, "What do I get?"
 
"Huh?"
 
"You get inspiration from me to write your piece, what do I get in return?"
 
"Umm... Well you can use me as a model or something when we're together, I guess."
 
"What if I don't want you as my model?"
 
Tiffany smirked, "You're eagerness earlier says otherwise."
 
"Stop smirking. You just happened to be smiling nicely when the light in was just right. Pure coincidence."
 
"Coincidence my . You think I'm pretty and want to take more pictures of me."
 
"S-shut up! I-it was coincidence. Anyways, what if I do agree, what do I have to do? How does one act as a muse?" Jessica asked while slightly  blushing, again. 
 
"Do? You don't really have to do anything. Just be with me, Tiffany said nonchalantly. 
 
'Is she dense or something? Can't she see how that comes across?' Jessica thought. 
"B-be with you?"
 
"Yeah, you know, hang out with each other as friends. Who knows, maybe we'll be best friends  by the end of summer," she said while smiling. 
 
'The verdict is in, she's completely dense,' Jessica thought. 
"Ah.... Right, hanging out. Like friends."
 
"So what do you say?"
 
"Umm I guess I can. We can hang out when we're both free."
 
Tiffany leapt from her seat and encircled her arms around Jessica's neck while squealing a 'yay'. Jessica, on the other hand, felt that this was too close for comfort and removed Tiffany's iron grip from her neck to sit back in her chair, leaving a pout where an eye-smile was on Tiffany.
"We can't hug?"
 
"We just met, so it's a little weird for me. Sorry," Jessica said while looking down. 
 
"Well I understand. I'll try to restrain myself. I am a hugger."
 
Jessica mumbled, "I doubt that'll last."
"What?"
 
"Oh, nothing. What's your cell phone number? We can't figure out when we're both free if we can't communicate," Jessica answered to cover herself. 
 
"Here. Let's switch," Tiffany held her phone out and exchanged with Jessica.
After getting their respective phones back, Tiffany checked the time. 
"Oh shoot. It's almost time for rehearsals. I have to go Jessi, Tiffany said while gathering her belongings. 
 
"I'll walk you. I don't think you even know where we are."
 
 
Jessica left just the right amount of Euros on their table and les the way out. Tiffany walked beside Jessica noting how oh so familiar the buildings around them looked. After about ten minutes of walking, wrpped in comfortable silence, Jessica halted like a sergeant, making tiffany follow to. Tiffany looked straight ahead and saw the concert hall where the rehearsals are held. 
"How did you know that my rehearsals are here?" Tiffany asked, stunned.
 
"I read in the newspaper a few days ago, that you guys would be using this concert hall."
 
"Oh. Thank you for walking me here, Jessi. You didn't have to though. I would've figured it out."
 
"Maybe, but I didn't want you walking all the way here looking at your map like a tourist."
 
Tiffany was a confused. She was a tourist. So what?
"But I am a tourist."
 
"Doesn't mean you have to look it. There are some sick people out there that could've taken advantage of you because you're a tourist. You should be more aware," Jessica said coldly. She didn't know exactly know why she was lecturing Tiffany, the only reason she could come up with, was that it made her uneasy at the thought of her new friend in trouble. 
 
"Right. I'll be more careful from now on. Thanks again. I'll call you soon, when I'm free, Tiffany said while waving at Jessica before she walked into the building. 
 
 
As Tiffany walked to her designates seat, unpacked her cello, tuned and began warming up. She was all smiles thinking about her muse. As Jessica as her source of inspiration, there was no doubt in her mind that she will compose a mind blowing piece for Juilliard. Tiffany did think about Jessica's sudden cold lecture, but only briefly because the director walked in and personal thoughts were pushed aside for rehearsal. 
 
 
After watching Tiffany enter the building, Jessica about-faced and headed to her studio, mind in deep thought.
'Why did I agree? Because I do want her as my subject for my pictures. She's interesting. She's so bright and bubbly. Talks about what others would consider dreary weather in a way so that it's still a good thing. That mushroom is a little naive though, but it's cute. And I lectured her. I should've apologized.' Jessica thought only about Tiffany the whole way to her studio. As she stepped over the threshold, she was greeted by an overly energized 'bunny'.
 
"Sica! You're actually on time for the shoot! You don't know how happy this makes me. I don't have to deal with an angry model today."
 
"Hey bunny. Yeah I'm on time, but you're probably still going to have to deal with a y model. That's the way they are," Jessica greeted.
 
"Yah! It's Sunny, you punk! Respect your elders,"
Sunny said while ineffectively glaring at Jessica.
 
 
Jessica walked over to the equipment table to double check everything while saying, "Whatever Bunny unnie. When's the model getting here?"
 
"She's already here, just finishing her make up."
 
"Hmm."
"By the way, where've you been all this time? I set your alarm for seven, its just after noon."
 
"Oh, well you'll be proud to know that I woke up without snoozing the alarm. I got up, got ready, had breakfast, got on the bus, and met a tourist."
 
"Tourist? Did you actually talk to a person?" Sunny asked in disbelief. 
 
"Yes. I'll tell you more after the shoot. The model is done with her make up. Get ready."
 
"Fine, but you better tell me everything or I'll put cucumbers in your dinner."