Bruised and Scarred

Beautiful Day (HIATUS)

 

Jessica was standing on a frosty mountain in the Himalayas, mounted firmly, frozen actually in the knee high snow with her camera in hand getting the shots of the view of her descent. She was alone, not literally since she was with a guide, but still alone. She herself could not believe the audacity of the situation, she who was a strong believer in not sweating, is in fact drenched in frozen sweat, on a mountain. She hated sweating, but liked the cold, an even trade-off she said when she decided to come here. It’s taken her a week to make it up the mountain as far as she could go before her lungs would start to cry at her for oxygen. Now she’s on her way back down with two days left until she’s at the base.

 

She’d hope that this latest adventure would have freed her from her suffocation, but it didn’t. Being virtually alone and taking in some of the most breathtakingly beautiful pictures, should be working their magic and making her forget a certain someone, but it didn’t. She was bruised and scarred by Tiffany. Three years on this all paid for opportunity of any photographer’s lifetime and she’s still thinking about Tiffany. She sees her everywhere, in everything. Most people would say that’s the great power of love, but she wished the power plant would shut down, indefinitely. You’d think traveling the globe and going with the flow, would help her forget, but it hasn’t, yet. She hopes that maybe one day it will.

 

She was contracted by her very own uncle, one Mister Lee Sooman, Sunny’s father. He knew her situation, at the time, from Sunny and offered her the job. He said she’s, “got talent, and might as well do something great with it.” Mr. Lee thought she was wasting her talent doing puff-piece editorial pictures for magazines. Jessica, to him, was like another daughter and just wanted to help. So, he came up with the expedition to help Jessica, and also himself. He needed Sunny back in Korea to manage the growing branch of one of his companies.

 

Jessica was too entrapped in taking pictures, that she didn’t know that someone else had joined them on the mountain, but ascending. Jessica eventually noticed the girl when she was getting in her way. The person was a girl, face covered and had long black hair that she once had. The girl knew she was in the way of Jessica because she laughed when the latter let out a frustrated grunt. The girl was taller, and she faced Jessica and spoke, “You don’t have to get upset, it’s not even that great of a view.”

Jessica looked at the girl incredulously and replied coldly, but aggressively, “You’re wrong. It’s majestic view only enhanced by the beauty of the daylight.”

“Majestic? Hardly.”

“What would you know? You’re just a kid. Shouldn’t you be in school, little girl?” Somehow, Jessica felt something very familiar arguing with the tall girl.

“Yeah, but I had to come here and fetch my runaway of a sister.”

“What are--” Jessica stopped when the girl uncovered her face just a bit and revealed her eyes. Those eyes. Those eyes were cat-like, cunning and mischievous, and adorable. Those eyes belonged to her sister. Krystal smirked under the material that covered , “Finally you realized. You’re so dull, unnie.”

“Krystal. How?”

“You and Jaejoong oppa aren’t the only one with smart genes. I just hired some people.”

 

Jessica nearly dropped her camera as she made her way to Krystal and suffocated her with a massive hug. It’s been too long since she’s last seen her baby sister. Too long and now look, her baby sister is no more a baby than it was freezing around them. Krystal started gasping for air when her sister’s embrace became too much and Jessica immediately let go, and looked into her sister’s eyes. They weren’t the type to show their tears in front of others, so they both held it in knowing what the other was feeling.

“Don’t worry, Mom and Dad don’t know. I’ve been railroading them the last couple years.

“Why’re you here, in the middle of the mountains when you should be in school?”

“To get you, stupid. And don’t worry about school, I'm covered."

"You didn't have to come all the way here. You could've just called Sunny unnie and she would tell me and i would go straight to you."

"Eh," she shrugged her shoulders, "some things need to be done yourself."

"Why do you want me to go back all of a sudden?"

"It's not all of a sudden, stupid. It's been seven years and I want my sister back. Back for my graduation. You owe me at least that much."

"If it's for you, I'll go back."

"Good, then I'm leaving. It's too cold up here. My graduation is in two weeks so you better get your affairs in order when you get off of this frozen rock." Krystal hugged her sister an walked towards a helicopter that has come out from the mountains, gets on and says through the speakers, "I LOVE YOU UNNIE! YOU BETTER BE THERE OR ELSE!"

Jessica watched the helicopter until it disappeared. She had two weeks and change to get down from this blessed mountain and will herself back to Seoul.

 

******

 

"Unnie?"
 
"Yes, Seo?"
 
"You'll be going my graduation, right? You didn't send in your RSVP, so I didn't know."
 
"Omo! Of course I'm going! I wouldn't miss it. Thought I mailed that in. Oh where is it?" Tiffany was searching around her apartment. "Aha! Here it is! I'm sorry for worrying you Seobaby, I guess I didn't mail it."
 
"Aniyo, unnie. Here let me have that. I'll turn it into the secretary tomorrow."
 
"When is it again?"
 
"Unnie! The invitation says two weeks!"
 
"Ah just kidding! Two weeks. I'm there."
 
******
Jung Jessica is way more nervous than she looks. Her exterior shows no emotion whatsoever, but on the inside she is sweating bullets. She's back in the country of her youth. The country she ran away from seven years ago. She only plans on being here for Krystal's graduation and the summer. Maybe she'll stay longer, she's just going to wade things out. Krystal is already waiting for her at the baggage claim, the young girl runs up to her sister and hugs her tight. Both ignored the weird looks of people. She'll be living in Krystal's apartment. Their parents intended on letting her move after graduation. So, it was safe for Jessica to stay there for the time being. They get Jessica's bags and leave the airport. 
 
 
Once inside the apartment, Krystal gives Jessica a quick tour and says to her sister, "I've got to go home or Mom and Dad will be suspicious."
 
"Okay. Be safe."
 
Stepping on the threshold, Krystal turns around to face her sister, "You know, they changed. Mom and Dad, I mean. They changed after you left. They were angry at first, then regretful, and now they're just sad. They made a mistake, but they changed so that it wouldn't happen again with me. Granted, you are the the most rebellious out of the three of us, oppa will forever be the shining son, and I'm somewhere in between to keep the balance. I'm just saying this so that you could at least pretend that you're okay. I want a happy family at my graduation, not torn pieces of a once whole cloth." With that, the youngest Jung turned back around and fully exited the apartment. 
 
"You know, Soojung, when you talk like that, you seem like the older one. I've already forgiven them, I'm just scared," Jessica said. I was more of a whisper, and to no one, but she said it and she was okay.
 
She moved from her place in front of the door and went to get ready for bed. "Two more days," she mumbled to herself.
 
 
And two days later arrived. Jessica was sitting in between her parents, her mother to the left and her father and brother to the right. Meeting her parents again was a lot easier than she had expected it to be. Her parents ran to her and engulfed her in a hug that she would never forget, it was the first of it's kind. They cried and told her how sorry they were, she said she forgave them and that she was okay, she was just scared to come back. Her brother Jaejoong, only 25 years old now, was a tad taller than she remembered, had clean shaven face, and looked a little older than he should have. Jaejoong also hugged her, her parents joined for another one, and then Krystal. They broke the hug when some girl, that look awfully familiar to Jessica, called Krystal to get ready back stage. Maknae Jung walked away grumbling something about a 'Number Two'.
 
While seated, waiting for the ceremony to get underway, Jessica saw someone the piqued her interest, a young woman with bright, rich flaming red hair. 'Quite odd. The hair and my interest in her,' Jessica thought. The redhead was walking with an older couple, 'Probably the sister and parents of one other students.' Jessica was watching the woman for quite some time now, but was oblivious. She was drawn to the girl like planets to the Sun. Jessica was studying her. Her movements, like how she covered with her right hand when she laughed. Her slightly tanner skin tone that was still light. Her clothes, or rather he body in the clothes. The girl was wearing a fitted all white long sleeve dress shirt, showing nothing but her collar bones, 'Still alluring,' she thought. Skin tight jeans that showed the shape of her legs very nicely, 'Those honey thighs and that a---,' she was stopped for thinking and further when her mother nudged her that the ceremony was finally starting.
 
The ceremony was long and boring, for the most part, but still the Jungs' father had video recorded the whole thing. Krystal had given a rather good speech as the Class President and the valedictorian as well as Vice President, Seo Juhyun a.k.a the familiar girl from earlier had also given a speech about the importance of the future.
 
After the ceremony, they took pictures, their parents cried, and Krystal said she wanted everyone to meet the Vice President. Krystal went over to the girl and her family and invited them over.
 
"Guys this is Seohyun, forever Number Two, Vice President, and our valedictorian."
 
"Annyeonghaseyo, Seo Juhyunimnida. It's a pleasure to meet the President's family again. This is my mother, father, and my cousin Tiffany."
 
____________________________________
A/N: Title is a song by Mayday Parade and has little relevance to the chapter. I really couldn't think of a title. If you have suggestions for a change, feel free to suggest away. Thank you for reading.    :)