Alone

Beautiful Day (HIATUS)

 

They had met in the summer of their sixteenth year. In Paris of all places. Neither intended for a conversation on a bus to turn up significant in any way. Small talk about the weather at most, maybe. The were wrong, in more ways than one. 
 
Jessica Jung slammed her hand down to silence the screeching alarm clock that had oh so rudely awoken her from her slumber. The only reason she had the thing was to prevent her from wasting the days away in bed when she didn't have to work. Despite her now grumpy mood, she arose gracefully and lazily , as a princess would from her throne, she proceeded with her morning rituals. Clad in simple, yet stylish charcoal skin tight jeans, a fluorescent bright white v-neck t-shirt, and black hi-tops, Jessica made her way out of her apartment and onto the streets of Paris, not forgetting her meal ticket. Her camera. 
Arriving at a nearby cafe named La Rouge Ballon, her favorite, Jessica sat at an amply lit corner table and ordered a caramel coffee and a cream cheese bagel. 
 
Jung Jessica is most certainly not one to plan out her life and follow blindly, the orders of others. Her parents, though, were such people. Jessica was an exceptionally bright girl that graduated from high school at the age of fifteen. She ran away from home after she just graduated, leaving behind only a note for her younger sister. She's been alone ever since.
 
As Jessica ate, in a seemingly absentminded fashion, she observed the other patrons of the cafe. A group of young Parisian business types fresh out of university scrambling to finish some kind of report before rushing out to go to work. A couple holding hands as they ordered their breakfast for each other. An elderly French man who seemed to be waiting for his companion, was sipping leisurely on his coffee and reading the newspaper. The old man sprang up from his seat when his companion finally arrived both embracing one another before sitting down. Jessica shook her head in amusement as she came to the realization that in this entire cafe, she the only one alone. Even the birds on the adjacent rooftop had company in each other. Yes, Jessica was alone. She liked being alone ever since she was young. Being alone was easy. Until she remembered that being alone also meant being alone. 
 
After finishing her meal she got on the bus that would take her to work, plopped herself into a window seat and stared out of the glass boringly. That was, until a loud voice pulled her attention away from the outside world. 
 
___________________________________________________
So this is just an intro into Jessica's situation. How is it?