Forty Seven

Mine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a

Credits go to hungry- (from  affamé graphic shop), for this amazing poster.

[ Forty Seven. Be Mine ]

 

“You ready to do this?” Jiyong rubbed his thumb softly against Dara’s cheek.

 

“I’m ready if you are, Mr. Clyde.” Dara gave him an affirmative nod. On cue, the door of the limo opened, and Jiyong stepped swiftly out of the car before extending his arm for Dara to hold onto. Accepting Jiyong’s hand, Dara stood up on the red carpet, careful not to step on her long Valentino evening gown. They then faced the crowd of flashing lights and screaming reporters together, their fingers interlocked firmly together. They chose the premiere of Seunghyun’s new movie as the event to make their first public appearance together. The time was right, and it was the least they can do for Seunghyun and Bom, who had chosen to confirm their relationship to divert attention from Dara’s scandal.

 

“Miss Park, how does it feel to have G-Dragon as your date for the movie premiere?”

 

“What do you have to say about being photographed together at Jeju Island last week? Are you two dating or not?”

 

“G-Dragon, look over here!”

 

“Are you planning to get married anytime soon? Will you be willing to sacrifice your career for marriage? How many kids do you plan to have?”

 

“Whose clothes are you wearing? Is it custom-made from your designer friend Danny Lee?”

 

“Is it true that you have dated each other in the past, before G-Dragon’s debut? Do your dating rumors make you feel awkward with each other?”

 

The public was burning with determination to hear the confirmation from their own lips despite the fact that it was obvious that they were together. Some celebrities had slipped up and gave away subtle hints that the two are dating. For example, there were some male celebrities who had specifically named Sandara Park as a person they would like to get to meet, lamenting that she was already taken and was “off limits”. The same went for female celebrities that gushed over G-Dragon’s appeal before stating that it was a shame that he was already dating someone else. Daesung had also teasingly said on a TV show that Jiyong was a one-woman man, unbelievably devoted in love despite his bad boy image. Fans that had followed G-Dragon during his pre-debut days performing underground at YG Club provided evidence that he had been dating Sandara Park at that time, fueling dating rumors to the maximum. Connecting the dots together, many reached the conclusion that the rapper was undoubtedly dating the songwriter he worked closely with. Since their return to Korea, the newlyweds had been frequently photographed by the paparazzi when they’re dining out and shopping together, no longer bothered with the burden of keeping their relationship hidden. But there has been no official statement from them or YG Entertainment, which drove everyone to the edge of insanity. To the disappointment of many reporters assigned to the red carpet and the viewers that were watching this live, Dara and Jiyong chose to answer questions that seemed unrelated to the rumor of their relationship.

 

“Dara, it’s great to see you here showing support for your good friend Choi Seunghyun. Park Bom’s also your close friend. What do you think about their relationship?”

 

“I’m happy to see them so in love with each other,” Dara replied. “A lot of songs I wrote for Bom’s new album are based on their relationship, such as ‘I Love You’ and ‘Falling in Love’. Bom shared her feelings with me, and we tried our best to put their love story into songs.” She did not mention that her relationship with Jiyong was also another source of inspiration.

 

“G-Dragon-sshi, it’s good to see you back in Korea after your world tour. Can you share with us the most memorable thing from your tour?”

 

“I love meeting my fans all over the world, but if I had to pick one memorable thing, I’d chose the time our squad got together at Bali in the middle of my tour.” Jiyong secretly gave Dara’s hands a squeeze. He was referring to their wedding without revealing it. Speaking in codes and hidden meanings were a necessary part of being romantically involved with a famous person. “It means the world to me with all of them there to share an important event of my life with me, even though they had busy schedules.”

 

“Can you give us some hints to your upcoming performance for the annual Gayo Daejun, G-Dragon?”

 

The side of Jiyong’s lips pulled into a smirk. “It’s a secret. I don’t want to ruin the surprise for you by giving it all away, but one thing I can tell you is that it will be amazing.”

 

Dara suppressed the urge to roll her eyes at the cockiness oozing from her husband, who winked playfully at her before leading her away from the star-struck reporter that had a hard time believing that Jiyong chose to answer her question. They posed for photographs at the end of the red carpet, remaining unaffected by the million questions hurled at them. Dara smiled at every direction as Jiyong kept his signature stoic, unsmiling expression the best he could, but he was having troubles keeping a smile off his face. The most beautiful woman on the red carpet tonight was holding onto his arms tightly and happens to be his wife. He was sure that every front page of tomorrow’s newspapers would be of him holding Dara’s hand, and the prospect made him giddy with glee. Captions like “Sandara and G-Dragon: Seoul’s Power Couple” were already rearranging themselves in his head. With staff members gesturing for them to head inside, they were about to leave when a reporter by them bellowed, “G-Dragon, what is Sandara Park to you?”

 

“What is Sandara Park to me?” Jiyong murmured, locking eyes with Dara. Jiyong remained unmoving in front of the reporter, so Dara stopped in her tracks in confusion. Jiyong leaned towards the reporter, shocking even the reporter himself. The reporter started sweating, frightened that he had asked an inappropriate question that had upset the handsome hip-hop artist. The room that has been previously been filled with uncontrollable yelling from desperate reporters suddenly quieted down as they focused their attention on Jiyong.

 

“She’s my ideal type,” Jiyong blurted out before taking Dara by the hand to head inside. It wasn’t until they were sitting in their respective seats inside the theater when Jiyong broke the silence between them.

 

“Damn it, I shouldn’t have said that,” Jiyong groaned, hitting his forehead. The words flew out of his mouth before he had a chance to think it over. He should have worded his answer so that it sounds more touching and sweet. “I meant to say it in a manlier, cooler way. I should have straight-out announced, ‘She’s my wife’, so that the whole world knows that we’re happily married. Or at least something like, ‘She’s my everything’ or maybe ‘She’s my soulmate’. That would have sounded much more romantic. And I should have told him that you are my inspiration, my best friend, my partner in crime, my heaven, my sweetheart, my-”

 

Dara put her hand over Jiyong’s mouth to stop him from blabbering on. “I think it’s cute.”

 

“Well, if my wifey says so, then I guess I did alright.” Jiyong grinned widely, leaning in for a kiss.

 

“Wow, isn’t this G-Dragon and his ideal type?” Seungri teased loudly as he appeared in front of them. Dara stood up to greet him with a hug, and Jiyong sent him a deathly glare. He lost count of the times that his best friend had interrupted a good moment between Dara and him. He has yet revenged on Seungri for barging into his apartment just when Jiyong had succeeded in ushering Dara into the bedroom for a romantic night of love-making. They ended up playing Scrabble with Chaerin for the rest of the night, much to the frustrations of the dragon.

 

Chaerin, who had been standing behind Seungri, smirked in amusement as she took her turn embracing Dara. “Goddess D, your husband sure knows how to steal the spotlight. We were behind you when Jiyong told the world that you were his ideal type, and none of the reporters wanted to talk to us after that.”

 

“Congratulations to the couple that’s currently treading on Naver and every other search engine on earth,” Soo Joo butted in, joining the group with Hyeongseop and Xin at her heels. She showed Dara the various webpages on her phone to prove what she was saying was no exaggeration of the truth. “Hashtag daragon is everywhere, even on Twitter.”

 

“And here I am wishing that people would finally start spreading rumors of Chaerin and I dating,” Seungri sighed wistfully, and Chaerin punched him forcefully on the arm in embarrassment. They were still keeping their relationship out of the public’s eye, which was why they arrived onto the red carpet with other members of their crew. “Ouch.”

 

“What is so secretive about your Gayo Daejun performance anyway?” Chaerin asked Jiyong curiously. She was also invited to perform at the major annual music broadcast, and had been confident that her collaboration stage with Lee Hyori would be the of the program until she overheard Jiyong’s statement about his stage earlier at the red carpet. Although they were in the same company, she hasn’t got a clue what Jiyong was doing for his performance.

 

“You’ll see,” was the mysterious reply Jiyong gave.

 

 

 

Jiyong had never felt so delirious before any of his stages before. Every inch of his skin was vibrating with anticipation, adrenaline pumping through his body like never before. He wanted to make sure that nothing will go wrong, because this was an important stage to remember. As he waited in the shadows for his turn, he his dry lips and straightened out his outfit. He must be the most underdressed star of Gayo Daejun tonight, wearing a black tuxedo jacket over a simple white t-shirt and jeans. Aside from his hoop earrings, the only accessory he had was a red baseball cap.

 

The lights dimmed after the previous stage ended, and Jiyong got the signal to head to the center of the main stage. As soon as the lights came back on, he started rapping the first verses of “One of a Kind”, much to the delight of the crowd when they recognized him. He was an untamed beast, a wild charisma that demanded everyone’s full attention. He released all of the energy and charisma he possessed onstage, and his audience loved every inch of it. Celebrities and fans alike began singing enthusiastically along with Jiyong, unable to stop themselves from swaying to the comfortable rhythm of the song. The beat quickly warped into the next song, “Bae Bae”, and he was tripping back and forth the huge stage like a madman.

 

“Hey, that girl in the fuchsia dress doesn’t seem to be a back-up dancer.”

 

“Oh my god, is that Sandara Park?”

 

“I can’t believe it!”

 

Your eyes are pretty like a deer
My princess
When you laugh at me it’s so chic
Are you crazy?
You’re a natural beauty, so unique, so unique
My perfect dear
Be my muse
We’re so comfortable together
I’m gaining so much weight
My body wraps around yours so perfectly
You’re forever 25 to me
Won’t ever change
Babe 5 X 5 Babe 

 

Jiyong’s captivated expression matched up with the lyrics of the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter