Five: I Need You [1/2]

Suho Oneshot Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You wrapped your arms around your body as you made your way to the bus stop. You self-consciously tug your hair off your face, trying your best to be invisible of neighbor's prying eyes.

They knew for a fact that you were a "bad omen", the " that brought down the perfect Park family".

It's not like you have a choice.

Mr. Park and Mrs. Park had died only a year and a half ago from a car accident that resulted from the couple's arguement about Mr. Park bringing you home. You see, Mr. Park had finally found his long lost daughter after 21 years. Naturally, his wife was beyond furious for bringing home an illegitimate child: her husband's living proof of his infidelity.

You remember that horrifying memory the night you and their son, your half brother, Chanyeol dashed to the hospital and all the doctos can only shake their heads in defeat. It wasn't your fault, you told yourself. But everyone says otherwise.

You've never seen Chanyeol so angry before. At first, he would just ignore you. But that night had changed everything.

You boarded the bus to your university. You prefer riding the bus than hitching a ride in the family car with Chanyeol. Now that his parents are gone, Chanyeol became the head of the family. He didn't kick you out. Oh no. He decided to make your life a living hell as his revenge for killing his parents.

You popped in your earphones to block out wayhire thoughts that keep on coming your way.

At least for another couple of days, you'll be safe. You overheard Chanyeol and his friends talking about going to Jeju since its his girlfriend's birthday. You almost cried in joy. 2 days. You can finally breathe for 2 days.

University was usual. People mind their own business, but there's still a few who got stuck in high school's way of thinking and attitude.

As you made your way to your class, you didn't noticed a group of girls giggling.

"Oy, I heard you finally got the dean to sleep with you. So I guess we'll be seeing you for another semester here." One of them said. You didn't bother turning around nor slowing down.

"Ya! I'm talking to you!" A claw-like hands grabbed your arm and you swear the 's nails had broken your skin.

"Why, you're envious of me that after years of trying, the dean won't even spare a glance at your 7-layer caked fake face?" You sneered back. You're just so sick of this .

The girl was about to slap you but you caught her arm and pushed her away.

As you walk away, you heard them throw a lot of string of curses in your direction.  You don't really care. You've experienced worst.

You shivered and shook your head. At least you can avoid and fight back verbal abuse like this.

Lunch was barely bearable. Although Chanyeol still provides you roof over your head, that doesn't mean he's exactly generous of the blessings his parents, your father, had left. You don't really blame him. You understand that he felt betrayed about your existence, but  it's not really your fault for bringing yourself in to this world.

And so, you pushed yourself to work  after classes to earn a bit of money for your everyday needs. University fees were taken care of by the scholarship you applied. So you didn't need to worry about it. But lately, you couldn't make it to work because of the different injuries you acquired from home, thus leaving you not enough money to buy you a decent lunch. And you know you have to go back to work soon.

You heaved a sigh and made your way to the most secluded grounds of your university. No one really hangs out a lot there because some prick had spread a rumor about the place being a mass burial during the cold war. You don't really care.

You took out your textbook and decided to ignore that gnawing hunger in your stomach. Half an hour has passed and you were surprisingly still immersed in your advanced reading when a person silently slipped beside you.

"Hello!"

You almost jumped out of your seat in shock. You thought it's one of Chanyeol's friends, and immediately put on a defensive gesture.

"uh... I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." When you were sure the voice didn't sound like anyone from Chanyeol's group of friends, you finally willed yourself to look up.

"I'm Kim Joonmyun." He smiled. He looks so .... bright, he almost looks glowing on your eyes.

"Who are you?" you peered suspiciously at him. He's not Chanyeol's new recruit that he sent to make your life sink deeper than the hell you are in now, right?

"I'm new here, and I just noticed you were in all my class. Do you want to be friends?" He offered his hand.

You scoffed lightly. No men would ever just want to be "just friends".

"Go away. You don't know me." You said in a small bitter voice. You heart constricted a little that f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter