Six: The Family Man

Suho Oneshot Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joonmyun woke up with jolt when a little fist hit his face.

It took him exactly a minute and a half to recognize what has been happening, and right on cue, the blarring sound of the obnoxious alarm clock set off.

"Yeobo..." He heard you whine from the other side of the bed while he felt the bed shuffled for movement. After reaching for his side to hit the snooze button, he turn to his other side to snuggle more with you when, again, a small fist welcomed his face.

That's when consciousness hits his face the same time his little angel's fists.

"Sweetheart, it's time to get up," he called sleepily as he pushed himself up from the bed. He chuckled lightly when he heard you groaned and buried your face on your 4 year old little princess's side.

"Wake up honey, it's 8 o'clock already," he whispered on your ear after a short sweet kiss on your earlobes.

You nearly bumped his head as you shot up.

"8 o'clock?!!!?" you yelped, waking up your daughter who was sleeping beside you, making her cry.

"Aigoo, baby, don't cry.. here here, sleep more in appa's arms," Joonmyun immediately scooped up your baby from the bed while he sent you a disapproving shake of head and pointed you to the bathroom.

"Go now or you'll be late. I was just kidding, it's only 7 in the morning." He said while rocking your daughter back to sleep.

It's almost been 4 years, you thought as you started making your way to shower. Both you and Joonmyun didn't want to call it a mistake, since it bore the two of you the loveliest and most precious gift you both could ask for, your sweet little baby Sohyun.

Although it wasn't easy, you being a university student, with only a few units left before you graduate and have a stable job, and Joonmyun had been doing so great in his idol group Exo. Everyone surrounding you and Joonmyun had been calling your then unborn baby a mistake, a fruit of you and Joonmyun's stupidity. You weren't even together when it happened.

But Joonmyun is a man with principles. You were quite sure he didn't love you then, but he didn't want to abandon you and his unborn child. He worked twice as hard, requesting his company label for more activities just so he can support you and your child with his own hard earned money.

And now it has been almost 4 years ago, you are about to take a government exam to become a fully pledged and licensed architect. Joonmyun had been most supportive since the beginning. He didn't want you to give up your dream, because he didnt't want him and your baby to become hindrances from achieving them. He used to tell you over and over again that you and little Sohyun motivate him to strive for the best. He wanted you to be proud of him; he wanted Sohyun to grow up and be proud of her father.

*Knock knock*

You jumped at the sudden sound, interrupting you from your mini drive down the memory lane.

"Honey, are you done yet? Breakfast is ready. Hurry down, so I could drive you to your cram school." Joonmyun called from the other side of the door.

"I'm almost done!" you called back and quickly rinsed yourself.

For the past few months, you have been studying at a cram school to prepare yourself for the licensure exam. And Joonmyun, who had asked for quite a few days off a week so he can look after Sohyun while you were busy studying. You didn't really want to take cram school, but Joonmyun insisted on it, telling you he can manage Sohyun by himself.

" Umma ! 'mma!" Sohyun waved her tiny fist with what looked like a tiny spoon.

You quickly took it off her hands and Joonmyun immedi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter