Seven: The Family Man (Part 2)

Suho Oneshot Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joonmyun hoisted Sohyun up to his hips as he made his way to the usual play date cafe for kids. With matching lollies in his and his daughter's mouth, he went to the reception counter and booked the all day pass.

It was his friend from Infinite, Sunggyu who had recommended him this cafe. He and his bandmates, Woohyun, have their own kids but fortunately for them, their fans have accepted their little angels quite well. Joonmyun admits he's very jealous of them.

Since it's been almost 4 years, Exo members did eventually accepted you and your little angel. Half of the members admitted they have accepted it long ago the first time Sohyun was born. But the managers told them then they cannot openly acknowledge you and the baby since the company wanted to punish Joonmyun for his 'irresponsibility'.

And now, Kris, was also secretly married and have a 2 year old son. Only Joonmyun and Chanyeol know about it.

"Here you go!" the girl smiled politely at him and handed him the  bracelet to wrap around Sohyun's and his own wrist.

The cafe was a little expensive, but that is because it also keeps client's files highly confidential. Celebrities' secret kids also go to this play cafe while their parents can see them on the side and drink coffee or eat pastries without having the problem of avoiding paparazzis. They are all willing to pay so much for their kids' safety and security.

Joonmyun saw the friends he made in this cafe. Daehyun from B.A.P., and his buddy, also from B.A.P. Youngjae came waving at him. They were seated with B1A4's Jinyoung who looked a little nervous. Joonmyun thought he must look like Jinyoung when he first came here. Beast's Yoseob was also there with them. At first Joonmyun felt a little relieve that he's not the only idol who has this secret to keep. And he was glad he can talk to someone about his worries as an idol-family man.

He glanced down at his daughter to see if its alright for her appa to go chat with uncles a bit, but before knew it, Sohyun had ran towards the dolls area. He waited for Sohyun to look up to him to assure her he's there watching her, then went to sit with Daehyun, Youngjae, Yoseob and Jinyoung.

"Hyung, congrats on your recent drama! I never had the chance to tell you since we missed a lot of play dates here." Daehyun said as Joonmyun sat down.

"Thanks! It's been a while. You guys went  on tour?" Joonmyun asked as they sipped on their own lattes.

"Nah, you know, my little monster will become a hyung now. So I was always home keeping an eye on my wife." He said, a slight glint of pride was reflected on his eyes.

"Really!!!???! Wow man! Congratulations!" All three guys gave a good job pat on Daehyun's back.

The four idols were goodnaturedly chatting when they didn't notice a presence behind them.

"Umm, excuse me. I'm sorry to bother, but I'm a fan of Yoseob-sshi. Is it okay if I ask for a sign?" a voice said from Joonmyun behind. Jinyoung looked a bit worried but they assured him that the this particular fan must also be a mom and has no time to spread rumors about them.

"I promise I won't tell a soul where I got your sign." she said as Yoseob took her small notebook and pen.

"I'll hold on to that, okay?" Yoseob replies good naturedly. "What is your name?"

"Ah, My name is Kim So Kyung."

Upon hearing her name, Joonmyun immediately turned around him.

"S-So Kyung?" He asked, bewildred.

"J-Joonmyun ah?!"

The guys looked from Joonmyun and girl. "You guys know each other?" Jinyoung asked.

Joonmyun was suddenly in a daze. So Kyung was his first love. It was her who pushed him to his dreams. It was her who motivated him to continue with his training years despite wanting to give up. It was So Kyung whom he has had loved longer than he can remember.

So Kyung blushed a little at how Joonmyun was intensely staring at her.

He couldn't believe it. The last time he saw her was during their early debut days. They got in a huge misunderstanding because So Kyung has always like Beast, and Joonmyun was jealous. Their break up was a very bad one.

Joonmyun couldn't believe he was seeing her again. She was still pretty and radiant. He couldn't keep his eyes off ----

" appa!" A loud cries made Joonmyun snap his head towards that very familiar voice.

"So hyun!" He called and immediately went to his daughter who was on her knees and hands. She was on the verge of tears.

"Aigoo, did you hurt yourself baby?" He asked as he pulled her into his lap. The little baby only sobbed and snuggled on hee father's comforting warmth.

"I'm here. shhh. Don't cry anymore." Joonmyun rocked her little body. He brought her back with him in his seat and chuckled a little as Daehyun, Youngjae, Jinyoung and Yoseob cooed at her. All of them have little boys. So a little girl in their presence make the boys melt like a pile of goo.

"Ah, you have a daughter?" So Kyung interrupted his thoughts. It was so ironic how just a minute ago he was thinking how he can't keep his eyes off her and now he almost forgot she was there all along.

She already got her signed paper from Yoseob but she smiled at little So hyun who shied away from this peering lady.

"Yes. Her name is So hyun and she's turning 4 this month." Joonmyun said proudly.

"Annyeong Sohyun! We almost have the same name! I'm So Kyung unnie!" she lowered to Sohyun's eye level and waved.

"Annyeong haseyo." the little one only nod a little and pouted a little, not liking one bit at how the lady is so close to her and her appa.

"Would you like to join us, since you and Joonmyun here look like a long time friends." Yoseob offered. Joonmyun scoffed slightly, out of habit, when Sokyung almost immediately jumped on the seat that Yoseob offered. He cannot be still jealous of SoKyung's affection for Yoseob, can he?

------

You were so tired and drained from the cram school that you just wanted to see Joonmyun and Sohyun. You knew where they usually hang out, and so you let your feet walk you to the play cafe.

From afar, you saw a group of rowdy and noisy boys coming in the building. The play cafe is situated in a high rise building that no one can just comes in easily. You knew this, because when Joonmyun first told you about this place, he assured you of its high confidentiality and safety of prying eyes of paparazzi and sasaeng fans.

You shrugged and just went inside and pushed the elevator button to the floor where the cafe was located. When you stepped out, you can hear a faint cheers and greetings. Maybe it was just you, but play cafe isn't usually a place for noisy teenage boys. 

"Hi, I'm Kim Sohyun's mom. I believe my husband is already inside." You told the kind looking receptionist girl.

"Ah yes, here you go." The girl handed you another band to put in your wrist.
 

"Hyung! Noona!" You heard yells of greetings as you craned your neck around the play area to find your little one. 

-----
 

"Oh my god, noona! It's been a long time! I missed you!" Sehun made to grab Sokyung and hugged her. SoKyung has been so close with EXO members since they knew her to be their leader's longtime girlfriend.

"What are you doing here?" Kris asked, smiling at the long lost friend they finally get to meet again.

"Ah, I'm here with my son." SoKyung shyly asked, glancing nervously at Joonmyun. 

"Noona, you have a son already?!" Kai squeaked. Obviously, some of them still imagine Joonmyun and SoKyung to be together. But Sohyun's presence would always make them double check reality that their favorite noona and their leader would never be together again.

"Aigooo, I guess there's really no more dream couple after all." Tao feigned sadness, but the others like Sehun, Kai and Baekhyun all agreed.

"Just so you know, noona, you're still our favorite noona!" D.O quietly piped in.

"Yah! You punks!" Joonmyun only laughed a little, while SoKyung laughed nervously. She didn't expect to see Joonmyun in this place, and she won't deny that it did mini somersault in the pits of her stomach. As if all their memories as a couple came rushing back at her. Her husband, who was one of the biggest and richest CEO of the top company in Korea has always been too busy for her and their son.

"Umma!" Sohyun suddenly fought Joonmyun's grip on her when she spotted you and ran happily to your arms. 

Nobody noticed you standing just a few feet away from them, not realizing you can hear every word they were saying. 

You fought back tears and forced a smile as Sohyun crushed her little body with yours. You thought Joonmyun's friends had finally accepted you. But you guessed they haven't yet. Not even one of the younger members have called you noona.

You suddenly felt consciously of all the stares the members are giving you. You did knew SoKyung, but have never seen her in person. 

Sehun back then would not even glance at you, because he says you stole Joonmyun from them and from SoKyung. You didn't know Sokyung, but you have a little idea of who she was back then.

"Yeobo.." Joonmyun said after what feels like a century, when you didn't take a step towards their intimidating circle and finally approached you.

"Oh, hey!" Lay offered you a warm smile, but you could only reply an unsure and hesitant one. 

"This is my wife," Joonmyun introduced you to Sokyung, who smiled slightly at you and bowed. You did the same. "And honey, this is Kang SoKyung."

Joonmyun didn't have to add titles anymore, he didn't have to tell you what part SoKyung played in his life but you knew. And instantly all the insecurities and fears you had back then when everyone was angry at you was coming back.

Joonmyun could see that you won't be speaking anymore, so he chose to say goodbye to his friends. He felt his heart constrict, knowing you have heard what little conversation they had earlier. He knew you were trying so hard for his friends to accept you. Sure all of them have been enchanted by little Sohyun's charms, but Joonmyun knew some of s still wants SoKyung to be with him; which is very much impossible now.

"What?! Hyung, we just got here and we want to play with Sohyunnie!" Chanyeol whined, it almost looked funny to see someone so tall and big but was whining like a little kid.

Sohyun sent a small flying kiss to her uncle Chanyeol and instantly all the boys had this 'Awww~' face which made the little princess giggle.

"Umma, can Sohyunnie play with uncle Chanyeol?" She asked in her small cute voice.

"Of course baby," You told her before kissing her cheeks.

"Yesss! I told you I'm her favorite uncle!" Chanyeol stuck his tongue out at Baekhyun who only huffed.

"Yay! Sohyunnie let's play!" Chanyeol opened his arms but Sohyun ran directly to Xiumin's arms. Everyone laughed, even the other parents who was slightly watching the scene.

"Do you want to grab something to eat first, yeobo?" Joonmyun asked, wrapping his arms gently around your waist.

You nodded and let him lead you the table they were occupying. SoKyung glanced at you and offered you a polite smile, but you could see her scrutinizing eyes scanned you. 

Daehyun, Youngjae and Jinyoung had been nice enough to engage you in a conversation about parenting. They keep telling you that their son likes playing with little Sohyun which made Joonmyun barked with silly non-sense like her daughter is too young to date.

Once in a while, when Sokyung and Joonmyun would engage in a conversation that obviously none of you could related except the two of them, you'd discreetly look at the other way, pretending to look for Sohyun. Of course, she was busy playing with a lot of her uncles. You just didn't want to see Sokyung and Joonmyun looking at each other like they wished they were back in the days with no worries, no extra baggage with them.

You suddenly felt a squeeze on your hand on your lap.

"You okay?" Joonmyun asked you, the middle of his brows scrunched a little with concern.

"Yeah, just a little tired." You told him truthfully.

"We can go home now, if you want." Joonmyun told you, glancing a little around the table.

"No, it's okay. Sohyun is still playing with your members and you should catch up with your friends too." You didn't know why you told him that, maybe because you wanted him to feel that you're jealous? Or maybe because you wanted to see if he finally does regret being with you. For all you knew he could just abandon you and Sohyun and just send the two of you money every month. Just so to keep an arm's length from the two of you. And then he could live his life according to his original plan.

"You're spacing out again," Joonmyun said, pulling you towards his chest.

"Okay, we'll go home in a bit. I'll just go get Sohyun from his kid playmates." Joonmyun joked.

You smiled a little but was instantly nervous about being in the same table with SoKyung. You knew she was watching the both of you.

"So, how did you and Joonmyun oppa meet?" She asked, making the other guys turned to the both of you.

"Uh, I first met Joonmyun in a club." You said. You knew that it was a shame to have met someone in a place like that and get knocked up. But you knew Joonmyun through friend, it's just that the club was the place you were first both introduced to each other.

You saw SoKyung raised an eyebrow at your answer.

"You were working at a club?" She asked, suddenly her voice sound a bit different from earlier. It was like she was judging you now.

"No! My friends and I were just there to celebrate the end of a semester. One of my friends were friends with Joonmyun. So they had us introduced to each other."

"Oh, who's that friend? Maybe I know them?" She pried on.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter