Twelve: Mommy's Boy

Suho Oneshot Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Joonho is a daddy's boy. He looks up so much to be his dad; has an aspiration to be like his dad when he grows up. He loves him and Joonmyun's his favorite person in the entire world.

"Mom? Is Appa going home soon?" He asked, coming to the kitchen for the nth time that evening. You laughed and patted his head when you passed his way.

"Soon, baby. Appa called and his show is just about to end. Wait for a little while, okay? Look over your brother at the living room for me, sweetie?" You called as you finish up your family's dinner.

"Neh," Joonho obediently answered.

"I'm home!"

"Daddy!"

"mm'dy!"

"My babies!" Joonmyun laughed as he dropped his bag on the couch and kneeled down to the children's level to give them a hug. You wiped your hands on your apron while approaching your favorite boys.

"Welcome home, honey."

He stood up straight and dipped his head to give you a kiss. You tried fighting a moan from the usual intense kiss that he's trying to give you since the kids are there. But you just can't help slip a little.

He laughed at your flushed face.

"I missed you," He kissed your ears, whispering ily.

You felt your cheeks heated despite being married for almost 10 years now. He still has the same effect as you since the two of you met. You heard him chuckling, taking in the embarrassed face your making.

You made a face at him, and playfully swatted his behind.

"Go change clothes and wait with the kids. They've been asking you since they came home. Dinner is almost ready." You smiled as you walked back to the kitchen.

Family life with Joonmyun has nothing but blissful. Sure you did has some up and downs as a couple, but nothing that would make you look back and regret anything. You both love each other, and you have the sweetest two boys you could ever wish for.

What could even go wrong?

~

"Hurry up!" Joonmyun hissed at you. You knew that he's at his limit already, and you're trying your best to hasten up. It's not your fault that you were so tired last night from all the house cleaning he asked you to do after learning his parents, your in-laws, will be visiting your home. Turns out, they cancel last night and they just want the four of you to go to their house instead. You were so knocked out from cleaning the house the whole day that you woke up late.

Joonho and your 5 year old son Taejoon was also throwing childish tantrums, adding more to the stress that Joonmyun was giving you. How did you even miss that it was supposed to be an overnight trip? You didn't do any packing for the kids and for yourself. And now, you're 3 hours late and Joonmyun was fuming.

"I'm almost done!" You panted as you scooped up the Taejoon's teddy from his room, and a couple pair of socks for Joonho.

You heard Joonmyun growled when he snatched the bags out of your hands and went to the car.

"W-wait!"

"WHAT NOW?!" He yelled, you almost recoiled back. Good thing the kids were in their safety backseat in the car already.

"I-I forgot the kids toothbrush. I'll just take a second, I promise!" You sprint towards the kids' bedroom and made a dash back to the car.

You were so out of breath that you didn't even notice Joonmyun already sour mood as he banged the door shut.

The bad day didn't even end there.

Your mother-in-law was furious at you. You thought this would at least soften your husband's heart and side with you. He knew how much you're scared of your mother-in-law. Until now she thinks Joonmyun should marry her friend's daughter, to further strengthen the old ladies' friendship. But of course that didn't happen.

You tugged on Joonmyun's sleeve when all of his relatives made dash towards the vast food on the guest's dining table. Your in-law parents had already gotten Joonho and Taejoon, since they missed their grandsons dearly.

"Joonmyun, are you still mad at me?" You asked him in a small voice. He knew you're always feeling small in his side of family's gathering. And right now, him ignoring you makes it a lot worse.

"Go help aunty in the kitchen. At least be more useful here, since we're late already. We missed the memorial." He said in a stern voice that made you choke with tears.

You missed their ancestral memorial and Joonmyun still blames you. With a dejected heart, you went straight towards the kitchen. You didn't even feel like eating.

There was Joonmyun's aunty. At least she smiled at you, making you feel less unwanted.

"Why are you here, dear? I can manage these. Plus I've got a lot of working hand." She gestured towards the other helping people in the kitchen.

"It's okay aunty. I wanted to help."

She must've have read your face since she didn't say anymore and let you stay in the kitchen.

"You know, it's always a hard time for me too when I go to my husband's side of family." She said good naturedly, which made you look up and smiled back.

"It'll be fine. It's not big deal. Besides, we're late from the memorial too." She laughed.

You nodded, and continued working. So is this like some kind of punishment?

This aunty is also Joonmyun's uncle's wife. Could she be also unwanted like you?

Another day has passed and the entire time Joonmyun was still cross with you. You tried talking with him, but his mother would always be on time to call on him. To keep your mind off the hurt, you busied looking after Joonho and Taejoon. Joonho had a lot of time playing with his second cousins, running here and there. In contrast to Joonmyun's all frown and cold attitude to you, you're very thankful of Joonho and Taejoon's presence who made you feel loved and wanted.

It was time to go back to Seoul. You bowed formally to your in-law parents and Joonmyun's aunts and uncles. Although it was refreshing to have some fresh air from the country, you're hoping that once you're back in Seoul, Joonmyun would start talking to you. Clearly, he's still not angry because you were late, right?

You sighed upon arriving home. It was a quiet awkward drive, with Joonho just keeps on blabbering about when will he gets to see his cousins again, and Taejoon just sleeping on and off on your chest.

"I'll get the bags, go put the kids to bed." Was all Joonmyun told you. When the kids were out cold on their room, you went to make a dinner for yourself and Joonmyun.

"Don't bother, I'm going out." He said without even looking at you. "Don't wait for me, I'll be back late." and with that, he was gone.

He didn't even gave you a chance to talk. You flopped down on one of the dining chairs and let out a strangled sob you've been holding the entire stay at Joonmyun's parents' house.

 

Days passed and it got a tiny bit better. Joonmyun would now meet your eyes, but still would converse tid and bits. Sometimes, you see the two kids watching your exchange. You wonder if they think their parents are fighting.

You were hastily cleaning the morning dishes to walk the kids to their school, when suddenly Joonmyun walked in the kitchen.

"I'll drive the kids to school. But I'm late so ..."

"Here, take this, at least eat this while driving." You pressed a sandwich to him but he gently push your hand way.

"It's okay." He said as he adjusted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter