Sixteen : Out of Place [pt.2]

Suho Oneshot Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You smiled awkwardly and slowly approached him.

"I... I'm here ge." You smiled softly, hoping the hardened and cold look on your brother's eyes was only due from fatigue from work.

When you felt his body tensed while you s your arms around his lean waist, you heard him quietly say, "Why are you even here?"

You froze at his question. You're pretty sure everyone's eyes must be on the two of you. But you're sure they didn't get to hear the question that's slowly tearing your heart apart.

You look up to him and smiled pleadingly. He's looking at you more out of curiosity. Suddenly you have that ugly pit in your stomach. Is he really your brother? Why did he became so cold? This is not the reaction you expected from him. You lost count already how many times you picture that two of you reuniting. How many times you had forced yourself to think about this moment just to make you feel numb.

"I missed you ge. I came here to see you." You told him in a small voice. When he sighed and pulled your arms off him, you heard him tell the other guys in the room to give you two a moment.

"A-Alright hyung," The younger ones awkwardly shuffled their feet and scattered to different directions. You hung your head low. Suddenly, feeling very unwelcome in to this new and strange place.

"Did your mother know you're here?" Kris asked, as he half dragged you to the couch to sit. You noticed the certain distance he placed between him and you. You were suddenly horrorstricken. Does he know?

You shook your head, scared he'll tell your mother. When he rubbed his temples and sighed, and took our his mobile phone, you quickly jumped and hold his hand, stopping him.

"No!"

He looked at you, a bit surprised.

"I mean, they told me I can go back, after graduation. It's just that I didn't exactly tell them when I want to go. So... they knew I'm leaving, but they didn't know I just left yesterday." You explained, silently pleading that he won't contact your mother for it.

He looked at you, quite for a moment. Thinking, you must have grown up to be such a brat. You do what you want to do, and you always get what you want.

"Can I stay with you?" You finally asked.

Kris looked at you like you're out of your mind.

"Of course not!"

You felt your heart dropped. All you wanted was to be with your brother again. And you don't have enough money to send yourself to a hotel. You only got to sneaked in a few money to buy yourself a plane ticket to Seoul.

"W-Why not?" You asked, looking around. You saw Joonmyun, the guy who picked you up from the station preparing some food by the kitchen, trying to look like he's not listening to any of your conversation.

You thought about the other guys in the apartment. Does Kris live with them?

Kris sneered at you. "Did Canada made you stupid? Can you not see the whole apartment? I live with a dozen of guys around here. Does it make sense for you to be here?"

You still can't understand why Kris is acting this way to you. Like you did something that made him hate you.

"B-but.. I don't have anyone else to stay with." You said.

He sighed again and looked at you.

"Look, you said you're here for a post graduation vacation right? I'll drive you to whatever hotel you have booked." Kris said and without even waiting for you, he picked up the one and only luggage you have and walked straight out of the door.

You defeatedly followed him behind like a lost puppy.

"Please ge?" You asked, trying not to cry. You knew that your brother hated it every time you cry.

He was quietly inside the elevator. When you reached the lobby of their building apartment, he turned to you.

"Look, I'm working with a bunch of boys right now. And if my company found out I let my sister, or any girl live in an all boys' apartment, they would kick me out of the group. I hope you're understanding what I'm telling you."

You looked at him and swallowed, nodding.

"It's okay ge." You forced a smile and took your bag from him. "When will I see you again?"

Kris sighed like he's trying to keep his patience long. "I don't know. We're really busy these coming months."

"Then can I come everyday here?" You piped in, but slightly stepped back when Kris' blazing eyes shot at you.

"What part of the 'we're really busy' are you not understanding??"

"I..I just want to spend time with you ge." You looked down. Your expectations have already went down to bad to worst. Why is these all happening?

"I'll just contact you, okay? When is your flight back?" He asked, but you only shrugged away, still looking down.

He shook his head and lead you towards outside, hailing a cab.

"No. No. It's fine." You said, pulling his arm down. Heck, if you're going to be alone for days, then might as well save any penny you have in your pocket. You're a big girl now, you can do this. You told yourself.

If you have survived all these years in hell, you can definitely survive in Seoul. Plus your brother is here. You're safe here.

Kris looked at you.

"I'll figure my way out. Don't worry." You forced a smile again. "I'll just text you, gege."

"Alright." Kris raised his hand goodbye and turned around, leaving you to fend for yourself. You sadly watched his back until he turned around the corner.

"What happened to you, Kris ge?" You sighed as you pulled your bag behind you.

 

~

It's been almost a week and Kris was always in foul mood. The others were too intimidated to ask their leader as to why they don't see his sister anymore.

"Yah, Wu Yi Fan, I heard your sister is here in Seoul. Why haven't you bring her yet? Invite her to our dinner tomorrow." The manager said while they were on way back to their dorm.

Kris remained silent, but all the younger members were looking at each other. They find you cute, and they definitely want to see you again. Kris never talk about you, so they automatically crave any information about you. They tried looking you up on social media. But they think you look a bit different in person and online.

Online, you look like someone else. Someone who's leading a different life, almost like portraying a character. The short encounter they had with you, they see you as a pretty simple girl. With your long hair pulled back away from your face,  bare faced with not an ounce of make-up, a simple cartoon shirt and a black jeans paired with a simple sneakers. The person online looked like a heiress. All your pictures looked like you were the princess of some royalty back North. You always had signature accessories, bags and clothes. You had a different aura and poise in all your social media, as if you were 2 completely different people apart.

"She might have gone back home." Kris said nonchalantly.

"No she's not." Tao said.

Everyone turned to look at him in surprised. He was staring outside

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter