Fourteen: Out of Place [pt.1]

Suho Oneshot Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You hauled your luggage from the bus and tugged it off from the road's gutter and haste your way towards the bus stop shade. It's been raining profusely but you plastered a wide smile on your face.

Ah Seoul! Finally I'm free! You looked up and closed your eyes, reeling in the feel of Seoul's air and smell. How many times have you dreamed about this. You never thought you'd be able to get back here.

You pulled out the piece of paper where your brother's address was written.

You weren't really familiar of Seoul. The last time you were here, you were still a merely 8 year old girl. But you parents divorced and your mother took you with her to Canada. She cut hers and your ties from your older brother and your father. You never knew what happened to your brother and your father.

But now, fate was on your side. It took you almost 2 years to plan your escape and to track down your brother's whereabouts.

After more than 10 years of not having any communication at all, you managed to get his email address from a common childhood friend. You told him after 15 years of not stepping foot in South Korea, you're finally allowed to go back!

It took him weeks to reply. You were even starting to lose hope. Maybe the email address was wrong. You thought then to yourself. Or: Maybe he really hates me now.

When you were at your last wick of hope, he replied.

From: Kris Wu

Subject: Re: Ge! It's me!

What do you want from here?

Was all his reply. But you replied faster than the lightning. You told him you're coming for a few days. Your mom finally let you and it's also for your graduation trip. You told him you just wanted to visit him.

You waited for hours. Dreadful long hours. But as soon as you got your reply, you packed your bags, took the secret stash of money you've been saving all your life, went straight to the airport and flew the first flight to Seoul.

You could cry in tears of joy.

You took out your phone and dialed Kris' number. It was off. You frowned and just sent him an sms.

'Ge, It's me! I'm here! :)

I'm here at the bus stop near your house. This is the place you told me to wait for you. I'll wait for you!'

You hit sent and smiled despite the wet and humid weather. This is better than back home. You took out your earphones and held your phone tightly in your hands, waiting for your brother's reply.

~

 "Why is hyung in bad mood?" Baekhyun whispered to Yixing. The members were in their fitness club. They were preparing for a comeback, and since that morning, their EXO-M leader was in such a sour mood. He was now on the red sandbag, punching like it has been such an offending object.

"Come on kids, it's time to eat!" Their other leader, Joonmyun just finished a round of weights and was now on the bench, looking over the members.

Everyone dropped to the floor, glad that their gym time was over.

"It's almost 12 midnight already. Are you we going back to the practice room after this?" Sehun asked as the boys took their bags after their shower.

"We might, we might not." Joonmyun said. They manager hyung will tell them later. Good thing after their late night dinner, they were heading straight home.

"Is Kris hyung alright?" Tao asked Joonmyun quietly from the back.

"I think it's something about his sister from Canada was coming here for a visit." Joonmyun said, quietly so Kris won't hear.

"That sister whom his mom took and was never be seen or heard of again? Even when hyung's dad passed away?" Tao whispered back. Joonmyun nodded and went back to his phone.

"Oh.." Tao nodded and turned away. He had heard about their Kris hyung's story.

When he was 10, his parents divorced. He was with his father, and his mother ran away to Canada with his younger sister. The last months they were all together, despite being broken, he saw his dad trying his hard to make it work. But his mom was too stubborn resisting their father.

She was too high maintenance, she was too demanding. She shakes off everything his dad would give her.

He saw another guy with his mother. And worse, she would bring along his younger sister who still doesn't quite understand what was happening.

He would sometimes hold his sister, covering her ears when his mom would start screaming at his dad.

But just one day, he and her sister went home from school. She got yanked by his mother and dragged her to a black car. Their dad was not yet home. Kris ran after the car; despite the dark tint of the windows, he can see his sister banging her tiny fist, crying and calling for him.

The days since then were never the same. His father became alcoholic. It was even a miracle he managed to get Kris sent off to highschool. Kris just had to work hard to get himself a scholarship to China and eventually another one to Canada.

That's when he saw you by accident. You were in highschool. He always imagine what you would look like when you grew up. He knew you'd always be a young beautiful girl. He took a part time job at the convenience store as a bagger, and he saw you crossing the street; your hair gently blowing by the wind, you were laughing with some of your friends. He was so proud to have such a beautiful baby sister.

He was about to approach you and call for you, when a black limousine car stopped infront of you. He watched you said your good bye to your friend. The chauffer took your expensive looking bag and opened the door for you. He watched your face hardened and went to full devoid of emotions.

And that's when it hit him. All his life, he was struggling to keep his and his father's life on the track. But you and your mother ran away and keep all the good things in life by yourself. You were living in luxury, in comfort, and you didn't even once thought of looking for him. Or maybe your mother had brain washed you. You had become like her. Selfish, cruel and self-centered.

Every day he watched you from the convenience store he's working at. He watches you laugh carelessly with your friends; he watches how so different yet still the same you have grown; he watches and clenches his jaws whenever some boys from your highschool would try looking you up inappropriately, but you'd all ignore them.

And what appalled him the most, is how almost every day you get picked up by different cars, different luxury cars. He almost missed the hardened and devoid look in your eyes every time you board them. He thought maybe you think they're just cars. And that you see your servants as lowly people, not even bothering showing them emotions or gratitude upon serving their pretty little Miss.

Kris' scholarship was cut short in Canada when he was told his father died from alcohol poisoning. He was already determined to approach

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter