Chapter 1

I Like You More (Than You Like Me)

"Aish, what's taking them so long?" Sungjae groaned. He was alone in the van, waiting for his hyungs. They'd left him behind to get some food at the market. He didn't join them. After a long day of practice, he was just so exhausted.

After a while, Sungjae got bored. He'd already taken a nap. He thought that would've killed time, but his hyungs were still gone. He'd already drained his phone battery too. He was left with nothing to do. He started drawing pictures on the window. It was freezing outside.

 He the radio. B2ST's "Midnight Sun" was playing. Until now, he still couldn't believe that they were his sunbaes. He started humming to himself and looked out the window. Maybe something would interest him. All he saw were ahjussis and ahjummas coming in and out of the market. He looked out toward the other stores outside of the market. There was a ramyun shop.

The thought of food made his stomach rumble. Ramyun sounded good on this cold winter day. "Maybe hyungs will take us out for some ramyun after this," He thought.

Sungjae's gaze switched toward an ahjussi who sat by the wall outside of the market.

He held out a sign. The man was homeless. Sungjae could tell he was freezing. Maybe he could help him out.

Sungjae did have a heart after all. His hyungs wouldn't think so. But he did.

Aside from his crazy/weird/childish personality, there was a man. A man who knew what was right and wrong. Besides, he didn't have anything else to do. Instead of just watching the poor man, might as well help him out, right? He saw a coffeeshop just down the sidewalk. "I'll get him a a cup of coffee."

He had to make sure he had enough money. He'd misplaced his wallet. It wasn't in any of his pockets nor the cup holder. He scratched his head. "Aish, Sungjae, you did it again."

He looked back at the the poor ahjussi. He wasn't alone anymore. A women had approached him. She actually looked young from the back. She had long, wavy black hair and was holding a cup of coffee. "She beat me to it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Outside, Subin called her manager. Her unnies had left and forgotten about her at the market while she was in the restroom. She couldn't believe it. Irritated, she was told to wait outside.

It was freezing cold. She wasn't prepared for this weather. Her jacket wasn't thick enough. Luckily, there was a coffeeshop nearby. She had spent all of her change on a 12oz cup of coffee. She had to hurry back in case her ride comes.

She was back out in the winter air, but this time with a nice cup of coffee. She wanted to take a sip out of it, but it was just way too hot. Her tongue had already burned. She walked around, looking out for her manager's van.

There were so many ahjummas and ahjussis in one place. In a corner outside of the market place, there was an old ahjussi huddled by the wall. He only had a coat on. You could see him shivering. He held a sign that said, "Homeless. Anything helps."

People passed by without even noticing the guy. Subin was heartbroken. She walked over to check him out. He looked up and saw her standing there. Subin squated down and met eyes with him. He kind of scared her at first. He had a beard and missing teeth. His eyes were cruddy, but you could tell they were pleading for help.

She looked at the cup of coffee in her hand. It was probably already good to drink. She gave it to the ahjussi. He looked up and looked at her confused. "Here, you drink this well." The ahjussi pulled both of his hands out of his pockets and took the coffee from her hands. Subin could see the life in his eyes after he took a sip of it.

Subin got back up. Before she turned around, she heard a weak voice say, "Kamahamnida."

Subin nodded and gave him a friendly smile. Then she made her way back by the parking lot.

 

She called her manager.

"Are you almost here?"

"I'm just a couple of minutes away. But, it might take a while...I'm stuck in traffic."

Subin groaned. There was a breeze. It was freezing cold.

"Why did I have to give that ahjussi my cofee?" She said under the clouds of her breath.

She rubbed her arms and walked back into the market.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sungjae didn't want to see her leave.

He had seen the whole thing. He was touched. Her act of kindness impressed him. He'd watched her every move.  After leaving the ahjussi behind, he watched her leave. When she turned around, Sungjae was finally able to see what she had looked like. She was young and about his age. Sungjae instantly found her to be beautiful. 

He watched as she spoke on the phone. She looked irritated for some reason. She was probably just cold. That sweater couldn't have kept her warm enough.

She stood outside for a while. Her hands trailing up and down her arms. Sungjae just couldn't take his eyes off of her. Her nose and cheeks were red, which Sungjae found kinda cute.

He felt bad just watching her out there while he was all nice and cozy in the van. He was thinking about asking her to come inside. But that would be too awkward. He couldn't stand seeing her standing out there, suffering in the cold.

Maybe he could buy her a cup of coffee? Or give her his coat he had on? It would just be an act of kindness. He could have, but he just didn't have the guts. He was afraid that he was going to make a fool out of himself. He watched her suffer.

"Should I?" He thought. He realized that his heart was beating fast. He watched her shiver. Man, he really wanted to just wrap his arms around her. Suddenly, Sungjae saw her turn around. She was walking back inside the market. He'd just lost his chance. He missed her. Sungjae banged his head on the window. "Pabo...pabo...pabo."

Then all of a sudden he saw someone standing outside his window, knocking.

"Open up." It was Peniel hyung. They finally came back.

Sungjae opened the door. "Yah! You guys took forever!"

"Mianhe, the market was crowded. But we bought you some stuff!" Eunkwang said holding a bag of chips.

"Yay!" He said snatching the bag. "Thanks hyung!"

"You guys up for some ramyun? It's just down there." Manager suggested.

"It's my dream." Sungjae said.

When Sungjae got out of the van, it was super cold. He looked out and wondered if she was still inside.

A large van, very similar to theirs, parked infront of the market entrance. He was curiou  about who would come out. It looked like the vans that belonged to CUBE. Someone came running out from the market into the van.

It was her. :O

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

A/N: How was it? Boring? XD It gets better I promise^_^