Engagement Shots II

Problems with Prearranged Marriage

Less humour this time round, hope that you all will still enjoy this chapter :)

And here we see the beginning of the potential Minsul love line, though yes this is a rather short chapter...
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

They stared at the King sized bed. It was as if the bed was mocking at them, mocking at their fake relationship.

“It’s okay. I think we should just proceed with the bed shots. After all, they are the exciting ones.”

Taemin’s personal decision brought them to this other side of the studio, with the enormous bed in front of them.

“Get on it.” Taemin instructed. Oh wells. Sulli thought to herself. She climbed up the bed meticulously. Minho went up from the other side of the bed. They stared at each other with awkwardness; Sulli kept looking down with her cheeks flushing, while Minho…he just stared at Sulli with slight blankness in his eyes.

“Come on Mr and Mrs Choi, move closer…” Taemin instructed. He had to do it that way, since the duo acted like 2 poles apart on the bed, seated at the edges.

Minho took in a deep breath. Just do it! He told himself mentally. He inched closer to her, only to see a Sulli flushing more and more as he inched closer and closer. Now he could not deny, this scene felt so familiar. It reminded him of their first meeting; ie: the very first one when he picked up the already-drunk Sulli and positioned themselves on the bed. Soon he was just centimeters away from her, though yes for a normal couple this was still a significant distance, but for Minho and Sulli, this meant a great stride in their closing distance, and thus should be viewed as commendable.

However, being the professional (not?) photographer that Taemin is, he sees it as “still not close enough”.

 “Mrs Choi, you need to move closer to Mr Choi…no Mrs Choi, closer, a bit more closer...” Taemin instructed further as Sulli moved closer to Minho, though she herself felt that they were TOO close already. Come on brace youself Choi Jinri, this is NOTHING. She told herself mentally. BE A MAN! She scolded herself. She then decided that she would see this as ‘nothing much’ though she continued to blush madly as she inched closer to him until she could feel his breath. She took in a deep breath and calmed herself down though inside her, she was panicking due to their intimateness.

“Yah are you alright?” Minho’s concerned tone came from beside her. His deep voice penetrated her ears and shook her heart.

“Huh?” She was rather freaked out when he suddenly spoke. She was about to turn to face him when she saw his eyes so wide, in front of her. Their nose touched, and ALMOST SO did their lips. She widened her eyes in shock. He was staring at her and was shocked when her eyes widened all of a sudden. She leaned back, so did he…

“CLICK!”

“That was a nice shot. Continue so Mr and Mrs Choi. It would have been better if both your lips touched.” Taemin’s voice came from below.

They turned towards Taemin, shocked at what he had captured. This was definitely not a photo that they had expected. Awkwardness filled the air. She knew it, and he sensed it as well. He cleared his throat and decided to clear the awkwardness.

“Yah Choi Jinri, I was so freaked out when you suddenly widened your eyes. They were huge like a monster!” Minho exclaimed, purposely exaggerating his emotions.

Sulli was obviously offended. “What monster? This is called large bright eyes okay! You yourself look like a frog and you’re still talking about others.” She rebutted.

“What frog?” It was Minho’s turn to get offended. “Frog Prince, not a frog!”

“Prince? If you’re a prince then I’m the Princess.” Sulli continued. “You’re a frog! FROG!”

“Yahh if you’re the princess then we’re still stuck together. Forget it. I’ll rather be a frog than to be stuck with you.”

“You..!”

“HEYYYYY QUIT IT!” Taemin’s voice roared from the distance. “This is bed shots, not a pillow fight!” He sighed.

Minho sighed as well. How did a deliberate attempt to relieve the awkwardness turn into a full blown quarrel/bickering? Looks like there will never be peace with this Choi Jinri around. He concluded.

“OKAY LET’S GET SERIOUS WITH THE SHOTS!” Taemin projected his voice louder, acting sterner than before. Looks like I need to discipline these two before I can get my shots done. He thought to himself and sighed further. How did my part time job become such a challenge? He wondered.

His stern attitude did help in matters. Sulli and Minho quietened down afterwards.

“Okay Mr Choi, embrace Mrs Choi in your arms.” Taemin commanded. The two stared at each other with suspicious gaze.

“Sorry but I have to do this.” Minho whispered to her before proceeding with the action. He wrapped his arms around her petite body and pulled her closer to him so that her head was lying against his chest. Sulli turned to gaze at him when Minho looked at her as well. The moment when their eyes met…”CLICK!”

“Nice one here!” Taemin complimented.

Minho immediately released his grip on Sulli while Sulli retracted back.

They proceeded on with other interesting shots like Sulli resting on Minho’s laps, and etc. However due to time constraints, they ended up with actually not a lot of shots when the sun began to set, mainly due to the fact that most of the time they were either being awkward or engaging in meaningless quarrels (as seen by Taemin). However because the duo were rather photogenic, the photos actually ended up nice (though few) and thus Taemin was rather satisfied with the photo captures and decided to let them off.

“We’re finally done!” Sulli exclaimed out of sheer happiness.

“Yes. No more manipulation.” Minho continued, shooting his daggers at Taemin who kept instructing them to shift here and there on the huge King sized bed.

“Ahh Yes. Thank you Mr and Mrs Choi for the time here, the shots were brilliant!” Taemin courteously thanked the duo after sensing the hostility from Minho.

Yea totally ‘brilliant’, they totally took up twice, or even more of the time compared to a normal couple. Taemin thought to himself and frowned slightly. Even he was worn out from the photo shoots.

“Taemin! We got to catch up on old times someday!” Sulli regained her hyper self and embraced Taemin.

“Sure!” Taemin smiled and replied.

Minho saw it and felt a sudden sprout of anger inside him. That hostility towards Taemin deepened.

She was all reluctant to hug me during the shootings and now she’s openly embracing another guy. Minho thought to himself. Aish Choi Minho, stop thinking about it. He told himself.

Minho and Sulli parted ways afterwards, each leaving by their family car with their ommas.

In the car, Sulli thought about the photo shoots, and the many times of their intimacy. She could not deny that her heart would beat faster; she would flush whenever he approaches her, especially the many times when they almost kissed in the photo shoots.

“Yahh, Choi Jinri!” Minho called. He tried to wave his hands in front of her eyes. Sulli then regained her mind.

“Yes??” Sulli questioned.

“Are you alright?” Minho asked in a rather concerned tone.

She stared at him again. Yahh Choi Jinri what are you thinking about! She scolded herself mentally. “Yeah, no problem here,” she replied him.

“Cool. I thought you got lost in me or something.” Minho joked. However, as if being nailed on the spot, Sulli stuttered in her reply. “How…how could it be possible?”

Aish Choi Jinri! Stop thinking about this! You just got momentarily lost in a person because he was just so close. There’s nothing else involved. She told herself.

Meanwhile at the other side, Minho was also deep in thoughts. He recalled the moment Sulli hugged Taemin, and he knew that he was really angry at the two of them during that time.

But why am I acting this way? He thought to himself.

Could it be? He did not dare to speculate the possibilities. Although inside him, he knew that jealousy was probably one of the possibilities.

Not possible. He then dismissed that thought. It must be because she’s my fiancée and no fiancé can tolerate his fiancée acting all close with another guy.

Especially when she was all reluctant to have any contact with me… another voice inside him spoke.

Then again, it’s not like I care. Yes I don’t care about her. It must be because she’s my fiancée, that’s why I’m acting so affected and all that. It’s all normal. It doesn’t mean anything. He concluded and closed his eyes; shut his thoughts, for a moment of peace.

She chose to not believe it.
And he chose to dismiss it.

And the days crept closer to their engagement date.