First Greetings

Problems with Prearranged Marriage

 

Minho leaned against the pillar. “1 hour past arranged time.” He muttered to himself. Where is she? He wondered, staring at the phone but feeling slightly helpless as he did not have her contact number.

“Minho, tomorrow you’ll be going to pick the rings with Jinri, arasso?” His mum commanded.

“Ne~ but I don’t have her number.” Does he even have a choice? He laughed bitterly at himself.

“Then I’ll help you call the Choi residence and you ask her for her number.”

“Auntie Choi, can I have Jinri’s number?” Minho requested politely.

“Sure.” Sulli’s mother went away from the line for a moment. He could hear her conversation with Sulli.

“JInri, Minho wants to know your number. Is it…” “Mom don’t tell him!” Sulli interrupted before her mother could finish her words.

“Why not?” Her mother was puzzled. Minho at the other side of the line was curious as well.

“Because I want to tell him personally.” Sulli gave a mischievous smile.

And so, Sulli’s mother really bought the story and followed Sulli’s words. Minho had no choice but to convey the meeting day, time and venue via Mrs Choi.

Minho could bet on his life that this fiancée of his had no thoughts of telling him her number, after all that that happened between them.

And that was not “fine” with him because she still had not appeared yet and he’s going crazy doing all the waiting.

She saw him keep glancing out at the mall entrance. You won’t be able to see the person you wanted to find, pabo. She smirked.

He was getting pissed off. What kind of woman doesn’t pay attention to punctuality? He yelled inside his head. Thoughts of her being his fiancée irked him even more.

“Hi Auntie Choi, this is Minho here.”

“Oh Minho, anything you need? Is Jinri with you?”

“I’m afraid not so. Can you pass me her number so that I can find her?”

“Sure. Oh gosh sorry Minho yah, Jinri probably got held up by something.”

I would say she did that on purpose. That would sound more reasonable. Minho argued inside his head. Nevertheless, all thanks to Mrs Choi, he finally got her number.

“Ring ring!” He heard a coincidental ringing a distance away. He tilted his eyes in the direction of the source. A tall and slim figure stood behind the pillar at the opposite end of the mall. She appeared to be alarmed by the ringing, and was now frantically searching for the phone inside her bag.

His line went dead. She rejected the call. Aish that girl! Minho strangled the imaginary Sulli in his head.

Sulli looked around to ensure that no particular one noticed her presence, or maybe, just that particular one. Stupid ‘Unknown’ call you almost spoiled my plan. Sulli thought to herself. Thankfully the figure that she had been keeping a watch on did not seem to have discovered anything.

“Where are you?” A message came in.

“Who are you?” She replied.

“Choi Minho.”

OH. Her gaze shifted from the message to the guy in the distance. She smiled.

His gaze lingered at the opposite end of the mall occasionally. He knew she was there, and he knew her plan to keep him waiting.

“Who is that?” Came her reply.

THIS GIRL!!! Minho screamed inside his head.

“Oh I think I see you!” I won’t believe that you won’t do anything after seeing this reply. Minho thought to himself.

True enough, Sulli called.

“Where are you?” Sulli’s voice rang into his ears through the earpiece.

“Oh I’m…I just walked past Etude House.” Minho replied. Etude House was just a few steps away from Sulli’s hiding place.

Sulli ran in the other direction, looking back occasionally. Her purpose was clear, to avoid meeting him.

“And I just passed TOPMAN…” Minho continued…Topman was just where Sulli had run past. She continued running…

Does he seriously walk that fast? Sulli wondered to herself as she ran. It’s like after a few seconds Minho would end up at where she was a few seconds ago. The thing is, she ran. And probably he walked.

“Wait. Why don’t you just stop moving,” Sulli suggested when looking back, still moving.

“Sure. Why not.” That voice clearly DID NOT come from the phone. She turned to face the front. Who else but Choi Minho is standing there? If Sulli is smart, then Minho is a tricky one. She realized that she ended up at where they had arranged to meet at.

Matters aside, Sulli thought to herself, it’s time to settle our scores.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Glad to see that you guys enjoyed the plot in the beginning and hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! :) Though yes it's pretty short...