Met an Old Friend

Problems with Prearranged Marriage

 

Since the return from their “ring visit”, Minho had a hard time convincing his mother not to look at their rings, for he wanted to give her a “surprise” on the day itself, or that’s the exact excuse he used.

“Silly, I’m not the bride. What’s there to surprise me about?”

“Erhm…omma, just don’t look at it. Let’s keep the suspense as it is.” Minho tried to convince her.

“Alright, you kids just love surprises. I’ll go along with you.” Finally his mum succumbed to his persuasions.

Phew. I’m really worried that you would be overly-surprised. Minho thought to himself. That Choi Jinri must have known that this kind of problem would surface, that’s why she gave me the job to bring back the rings.

“Hey! Since we’re done with today’s agenda, I guess we can split now.” Sulli was about to walk away when Minho grabbed her ponytail.

“Yahhh what was that for! I could sue you if I go back and find that I lose a strand of hair!” An angry Sulli turned back and glared at Minho.

“You forgot this!” Minho was neither in a good mood as well, as he thought about the kind of rings they bought earlier. The rings he was forced to accept.

“Heh, isn’t that supposed to be your job to bring it back?”

“Since when did it become my duty?” An amazed Minho replied. Wow, you sure know how to push everything to me. He thought to himself.

“You remember you owe me one?” Sulli brought out the “owe you one” incident.

“Yes, but…” didn’t I pay it back already? Minho wanted to finish his sentence, but Sulli cut him off at the ‘…but’.

“See, since you said yes, let’s just ignore the ‘but’ part.” Sulli took her ponytail off his slightly loose grip and ran off.

So that was how he had to bring back the rings.

 “Oh by the way Minho, you and Jinri will be taking engagement pictures tomorrow. We have already booked the whole studio.” His mum’s voice sounded from afar.

“Ne~” Minho reluctantly replied. Such a headache to keep seeing that girl, he thought to himself. Then an idea flashed into his head.

Payback time, Choi Jinri. A smirk ran across his face.

They met at Blissful Memories, a shop and studio that caters to to-be-wed couples, where the couples can pick their wedding gowns and suits as well as take wedding pictures. Sulli walked in with a frown, I thought we were just going to be engaged? What is with all the like-a-wedding preparations? She thought to herself.

“Hi Mrs Choi and Ms to-be-Mrs Choi, I’m Lee Taemin, and I would be servicing you all for today.” The guy greeted with a polite smile. A Choi married to another Choi, what affinity in this world. Taemin thought to himself. He looked up to see the to-be-wed gir, only to see Sulli scrutinizing him from head to toe.

Am I that charismatic that even the bride gets attracted to me? Taemin thought to himself. He chuckled to himself and smiled back at the girl.

“Sorry to be asking this but do you used to live in Hollystreet?” Sulli questioned Taemin.

Hollystreet? How did this girl know about him? “Yes but who are you?”

 “Lee Taemin! I’m Choi Jinri!” Sulli tapped the guy at his left shoulder. It was a loud slap that brought back memories.

“Lee Taemin! I have extra food, you can have it!” A loud slap on his left shoulder.

“Lee Taemin! I want this!” Another loud slap on his left shoulder as an 8 year old Jinri pointed to a lollipop.

“Oh! Choi Jinri!” Taemin was amazed and glad when he finally remembered who she was. Choi Jinri, his childhood friend and pre-school companion. He remembered himself being strangely captivated by her at first sight, and that began their journey of friendship.

“You finally remember me!” Sulli was slightly disturbed that it took him such a long time.

“Mianhae, there’s so many things on my mind.” Taemin went forward and hugged her, something they used to do often when they were still kids.

“You’re getting wed?” Taemin continued his words when he released her.

“Not really, just engaged.”

“That guy is definitely lucky.” Taemin smiled and replied.

“Exactly, I’m so unlucky.” Sulli replied.

“Yah Choi Jinri! Who’s the unlucky one?” A deep voice was heard from the entrance.

“I can repeat if you didn’t catch what I said just now.” Sulli glared at him.

“Yah Choi Jinri! Stop spoiling my reputation in front of others!”

“You must be Mr Choi, I’m Lee Taemin, servicing you for today.” Taemin flashed his usual work smile.

“Hi, I’m Choi Minho, I guess we can get started now.” Minho shifted from a frown to a polite smile.

However Sulli was reluctant to change into a wedding gown. “It’s not like we’re taking wedding pictures.” Just when Mrs Choi was about to pull her daughter to the side for a ladies talk, Minho spoke up.

“I agree with Jinri. There isn’t the need for such extravagant photos.” And so they decided to wear their current attires for the photo shoot.

“Aigooo, your Jinri looks good even with a simple dress.” Minho’s mother complimented. Sulli smiled at the compliment, at the same time slightly showing off to Minho, a hidden message behind her stare: “It’s your honour to be engaged to me.”

“What are you saying, our Jinri is nothing compared to your Minho. Look at him. He looks awesome with a simple shirt and long pants.” Sulli’s mother replied. Now it was Minho’s turn to look at Jinri, returning her hidden message with another: “Now who’s the better one here.”

With that, they continued staring at each other, shooting daggers with all their might.

“Okay Mr and Mrs Choi, take out your engagement rings and we can get started with the photoshoot.” Taemin’s voice sounded from afar.

Oh no.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

thanks for all the comments and support! :D

this chapter is slightly more Taemin inclined because i'm trying to set up the background for Taemin.

nevertheless, enjoy!