Unique Couple Rings

Problems with Prearranged Marriage

 

They arrived at Precious Gold, a well known jewellery shop that sells gold, silver and other jewel elements.

“Hi Miss, can we look at the rings you have here?” Sulli requested with a genuine smile.

“Couple rings.” Minho added.

“Ani, ignore him. Normal rings would do.”

The salesgirl stared at the both of them in confusion before deciding to listen to the gal, since she seemed to be more in command.

“Yah! What are you up to?” Minho nudged her.

“I just don’t want to get real rings. It’s not like I’m getting married for real.” Sulli commented lightly.

Like what is she saying right now? Minho thought to himself.

“Then what are we?” He questioned in doubt. “Like a fake marriage?”

“Isn’t that obvious since we don’t like each other in that kind of way? Okay, not even the simplest friend-liking.” Sulli spoke casually.

“True. Do as you deem fit then.” Minho folded his hands in displeasure. Honestly speaking he was also unclear why was he reacting in that kind of manner. Or maybe because he hardly, or has never been so blatantly rejected by girls. It was always girls swarming up to him, being touchy with him, especially the young subordinates of his at work. Sulli was the first to reject him so openly, rejecting the idea of a true marriage. As if he was really a terrible person to be with.

Sulli noticed his change in behaviour. What’s wrong with him? I thought we already had a common consensus that this marriage is going to be unreal? She thought to herself. Oh well Choi Jinri stop bothering yourself about him. She told herself. She then proceeded to check out the rings.

“Oh my, this is awesome: the great representation of our marriage.” Sulli remarked. Minho was curious so he peered over to have a look at it.

“Skull? Choi Jinri what are you thinking of?” Minho exclaimed in greater displeasure. What is this woman thinking? What’s inside her brain? He really wanted to have a look inside her head.

“But this is awesome! Look at the crystals embedded on the eyes of the skull. It’s like the eyes are moving, it’s like the skull is staring at you.”

“Oh ya…the craftsmanship is really great. Even the fine details of the skull are not left out…WAIT A MINUTE THIS IS NOT RIGHT! Why am I admiring this piece of skull with you?” Minho exclaimed further.

“No matter what, I’m taking this. Anyway, I have a great suggestion here if you really want couple rings.”

Minho peered over once again, only to be greeted with a ring of coffin design.

“Choi JInri! Why you…” Why is she always picking out weird stuff, like out of all the possible designs…she had to take this! Minho thought to himself, at the same time a sense of loss when it comes to his fiancée.

“This is more apt than mine about marriage.” Sulli lightly joked, or was it a serious comment made by her?

“How apt it is?” Minho’s face darkened. Why does he sense a conspiracy here?

“There’s always this saying…something about marriage and coffin…”

“Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is like another nail.” Minho corrected her.

“See! You agree with me!” Sulli smiled, a rather…sly one? “Try and see if it’s your size.”

Did he just…got tricked? “No I’m not going to get this…”

“But you wanted couple rings…this is the closest to mine…” Sulli tried to entice him. “Besides look at this, the coffin is so beautifully designed with all the silver linings…”

“Choi Jinri, this will not work twice. I’m not going to compliment the ring along with you.” Minho concluded.

“Okay fine. Remember you owe me one?” Sulli threatened.

Does Minho have a choice?

“Thank you for your purchase.” The salesgirl bowed as the uncouple-ish duo that bought an uncouple-ish matching rings left the shop.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

another short update to make up for my absence these few days :)