Step by Step (New Year Edition)

Problems with Prearranged Marriage

 

“So…what plans do you have today?” Minho questioned her while Sulli was half munching onto her popcorn, half fixated on the television in front of her.

And you are right! Sulli’s just such a hardcore fan of TTBY that she bought the DVD so as to be able to watch her Tae Jun whenever she felt like it, and just nice, now was the moment that she had the sudden urge to see Tae Jun, and his sweet interactions with Jae Hee.

“Hmm…” She replied half-heartedly.

Minho stared at her. This girl is totally NOT answering my question. He turned to look at where her attention was focussed at.

THIS GUY AGAIN? WHY IS SHE FOREVER STARING AT THIS GUY? Minho ranted in his head.

Like how is he so attractive? We aren’t exactly much different, he thought to himself once more. So why isn’t she staring at me instead?

“CHOI SULLI!” He shouted at her, hoping to garner her attention.

“Omo! Hahahahahah! He thought he kissed that Sangchu! Omo Kang Tae Jun!” Sulli laughed to herself, apparently leaving out Minho in her fangirl world.

Aish! Minho could not take it anymore. He steadily took hold of the remote control which was thrown on the sofa and clicked the STOP button.

The television screen turned back to the Samsung Screen, which was apparently the brand of their DVD player.

“Omo~ where’s my…” She turned to find her remote control, only to meet with a pair of dis-satisfied eyes.

“Eh, Minho, since when did you appear?” Sulli politely asked.

“Yah Choi Sulli! I was here when you were busying ogling at that guy on the TV screen!” Minho ranted.

“What nonsense! I didn’t ogle at Kang Tae Jun!” Sulli rebutted.

“See see, I didn’t even say the name and you mentioned him immediately. Still going to deny it?” Minho counter-argued.

Hmm… “Fine, but Kang Tae Jun is so awesome. He’s…” Sulli admitted when she realised that she didn’t really had to cover up for herself. Like as if Minho would be bothered about it, like as if she didn’t want him to misunderstand about it. Or maybe it’s really so?

“Yah yah Choi Sulli, I’m not interested in your fangirling.” Minho interrupted before she could even finish her sentence.

“Hmm…okay then.” Sulli was ready to resume her drama watching when Minho placed the remote away when he saw that she was going to retrieve it.

“Choi Minho! Return me my remote!” Sulli whined.

For some reason, Minho did not want her to continue ogling at that whoever guy that was, Kang Tae Gun or something. He glanced around and found an excuse.

He cleared his throat. “Choi Sulli, do you know how to cycle?” He pointed to his bike situated near the door.

Huh? Cycle? That’s…pretty…random? “Erhm…no, but why?” She replied innocently.

“Then you should learn it. Learn something new before 2012 ends”

“Waeyo?” Sulli pouted in disapproval.

“OHO! I’m coaching you for free, so what’s with all the hesitation.” Minho replied.

“Alright…” Sulli agreed to it. It probably wouldn’t be that bad, right? She thought to herself.

And so Minho successfully diverted her attention away from that Kang Tae Jun, very much to his pleasure.

They reached the park.

“Uncle, we would like to rent a bike,” Sulli informed politely.

“How long? 1 hour? 2 hours?” The uncle replied with a question.

“Erhm…” Sulli pondered.

“Make it 5,” Minho replied from behind her.

“Bwoh?” She tugged Minho to the side and whispered to him.

“Choi Minho, isn’t 5 hours a bit too long?”

“Yah, I’m already making the shortest estimation.” He replied with a chuckle.

“Estimation of?” Sulli inquired, and then as if she understood his hidden sentence, “I don’t take 5 hours to learn a bike!” She slapped his shoulders with another chuckle.

“Serious?” Minho bent his head towards her and looked straight into her eyes.

She blushed a little.

“Oho! Why are you blushing?” Minho teased.

“I did?” Sulli placed both palms on her hot cheeks. “It…it must be the weather!” She exclaimed as if trying to defend her actions.

“Hmmm…” Minho took a cheeky glance at her. “If you say so…” He half-heartedly replied.

“Yahhh! It is the weather! Or what did you think?” She went to in front of him when he was about to walk back to the uncle.

“Hmm…” Minho halted in his words. “Who knows what’s in your mind?” He teased further and continued to walk.

Aish! Choi Sulli why are you blushing because of this simple interaction, are you crazy? Sulli thought to herself.

“Yah! Stop thinking about me and come here!” Minho exclaimed from in front.

“No one’s thinking about you!” Sulli retorted and ran towards him.

They rented the bike for 3 hours, after continuous disapproval on Sulli’s side for the original 5 hours rental.

“Okay, now just cycle, I will support you from the back.” Minho instructed as he held tightly to the back of her seat while Sulli tried to cycle her way forward.

That was also the same exact words I told her when I taught her cycling. Minho smiled at his thought.

“Ahhhh, this is so freaky! Why did you force me to learn cycling!” Sulli exclaimed in her seat, the bike staggering forward, and Minho trying to catch up with her by running.

“I shouldn’t have agreed to learn cycling!” She exclaimed in utmost fear.

“Don’t worry, I’m here!”

“Don’t worry, I’m here!” Minho tried to calm her down with the same exact words.

He’s right. He’s here. There’s nothing for me to fear. Sulli told herself and started to calm down. Her cycling moves became smoother.

“That’s right, Choi Sulli. Now continue…” Minho instructed.

And Sulli felt more confident step by step.

“Now, I’m going to let go, just continue to cycle this way: keep yourself straight and don’t panic, okay?” Minho informed.

“You’re going to let go?” Sulli screamed in fear, all the confidence accumulated earlier in her had vanished.

“Minho, I’m still not ready, please…” She exclaimed in her seat.

“Believe in yourself…”

He let go of his support on her seat. She cycled while screaming, but she was already able to control her speed and directions. He smiled.

“Believe in yourself, Choi Sulli.” He let go. And she was already able to cycle on her own.

He smiled as he stared at her disappearing shadow. For a moment he felt all the scenes unfolding in front of him; both Sulli and her had similar reactions to their first attempt in cycling. It was like a sign to him, that he should really let go of all the past, and embrace his present, and work towards their future together. When he finally came to his senses he discovered that she was no longer in his sight.

. Where’s she? He flipped his phone to call her, only to be informed that the service is not available. Argh! Where are you? He thought to himself, taking his bike and riding aimlessly in the park in search for her.

Sulli didn’t even realise that she had cycled a long way before she started to lose her balance once again and plodded on the rough hard ground, accumulating bruises and abrasions.

“Argh!” Sulli whined as the bike fell onto her, worsening her bruise, and causing more cuts on her silky legs.

She grimaced as she stood up once again, only to find herself in an unfamiliar place, and worse thing was, Minho was definitely out of her sight. She quickly flipped out her phone, only to see a black screen no matter how hard she clicked on the buttons. That could only mean: either her phone spoilt from the crashing or it was simply out of battery. No matter what, it only meant one thing: she could not contact Minho.

And of all time, it just had to rain when she found out that she’s lost in this huge piece of greenery.

“Pabo Sulli yah! Why did you cycle so fast and so far away?” She mumbled to herself as she walked her way along with the rented bike.

“Now you’re lost. L-O-S-T LOST!” She scolded herself further and sighed. Not like all the scolding could help her find Minho.

A cyclist went past her.

“Erhm…excuse me…do you know…” He sped past her before she could finish her question.

Oh wells. Sulli thought to herself. She sighed further.

Just then she heard a braking sound, and then heard the sound of gears approaching her.

“What were you asking?”He stopped his bike in front of her.

“Erhm…do you know where’s the bike rental shop?” Sulli looked up at the guy.

“I’m going to return my bike as well, so maybe you can follow me?” He smiled.

Did she just meet a good Samaritan?

“Thanks!” She heaved a sigh of relief and smiled back.

“No problem, nothing is too tough for almighty Key.” He replied with another smile.

“Almighty Key?” Sulli inquired.

“Key’s my name.” He replied.

“Key? As in locks and keys?” Sulli probed further.

“Yup.” He chuckled. “I know it sounds weird. Everyone says that…” He mumbled to himself.

“Such a cool name!” Sulli exclaimed in awe. “I’m Choi Sulli.” She introduced herself.

“Sulli’s a good name too,” Key replied and looked at his watch. “Hmm it’s getting late. Let’s start riding back.”

“I…don’t really know how to cycle. I just learnt it today, and I got lost with…a friend.” Sulli admitted.

“Hmm…try to cycle slowly.” Key advised.

Sulli nodded.

Minho had decided that he should probably wait for her at the bike rental shop. Perhaps she would be able to make her way here? He hoped silently, clutching the receipt of rental in his hands. It had been two hours since she had gone out of his sight, and words like KIDNAP, STABBED, INSANE KILLING, , PAIN had been engulfing him every second. It was then he realised that she had suddenly occupied such a huge portion of his tiny heart. From when did she start to grow in importance in his heart? He questioned himself, but never found the answer. After all, love and affections, they are just so invisible that sometimes they are just there, but sometimes, after a long time, they slowly fade away, just like her.

Just then, he saw a familiar figure cycling her way in his direction. The man cycling in front of her stopped in his tracks when he reached the bike rental shop. She stopped her bike closely behind.

And she saw him, just when he saw her.

Tears brimmed in her eyes as she ran towards him.

Minho enveloped her with a tight hug.

“Ouch…” Sulli whined in pain.

“Omo, what happened?” Minho released his hug but not his grip as he scrutinised her and found her knees and elbows covered with scratches and bruises.

“Sorry…” Minho pulled her towards him and he placed his arms around her shoulders once again, as if letting her go for a second would lead to something bad happening.

“I should have kept a good watch on you. Or maybe, I should not have been jealous of that TV guy and make you learn how to ride a bike.” He confessed.

Sulli chuckled to herself upon hearing his words. All the pain seemed to have suddenly disappeared as she held on to him tighter, a smile slowly forming on her face.

“So…you were jealous of Kang Tae Jun?” Sulli cautiously inquired.

Minho let go of her immediately. “Did I…say something like that?” He asked back, apparently having forgotten his words just now.

“Hmm…maybe?” It was Sulli’s turn to .

Minho pretended to be unaffected and proceeded to pass her bike and the receipt to the rental uncle.

“Hey, Sulli, so you have found your friend?” Key asked out of kind intention.

“Mm…” Sulli nodded. “Thanks so much, Key.” She smiled.

Key took a step forward and gave her a hug, just when Minho was done with his returning bike and saw the scene.

He ran towards and tore the two apart.

“Bwoh…what are you two doing?” He thundered.

Sulli chuckled while Key replied, “Erhm…friend, I’m just giving your friend a hug?”

Friend? Who said that we were just friends? “I’m her fiancé!” He announced to Key, wanting him to be aware that Sulli is already ‘taken’.

Sulli chuckled more. Jealous Minho is…pretty cute. She thought to herself.

“Relax friend. We’re just friends. I’m not taking your fiancée away.” Key replied and laughed.

“Your fiancé is pretty…overprotective and possessive?” Key turned to talk to Sulli.

“Hmm…I guess so…” She glanced at Minho and smiled. “Thanks Key, for all the help.” She thanked him once again.

“No problem. I’m the almighty Key.” He replied with a smile and then walked away.

After Key had disappeared out of their sights, “did he try to hit on you?” Minho questioned.

Sulli laughed. “What if he did?” She replied while moving closer to Minho.

“So…did you get touched by his heroic act?” Minho asked.

“Hmm…” Sulli pretended to think for a moment. “What do you think?” She started to walk away.

“Yahh Choi Sulli!” Minho exclaimed in displeasure, a nervous tone in his voice, “You really got attracted to him?”

“Nope,” She turned back. “All that was in my mind was to find this someone who taught me cycling.” She looked straight in his eyes.

He smiled and ran towards her, this time not a hug, but a kiss. “You’re also the one in my mind.” He whispered softly to her.

She returned the kiss.

“Now let’s start the countdown!” A voice was heard from faraway. Indeed, they had started the bike learning at some late night, and now it’s almost going 12.

“It’s the countdown,” Sulli whispered in his arms as they sat on the bench after Minho had treated her cuts and injuries. Don’t ask why they are not home yet, maybe they just want to cherish the moment right now.

“Exactly, it’s going to be the end of 2012.” Minho replied to her.

“2012, I’m glad to be engaged to you, even though there are so many…happenings.” Sulli admitted.

“2012, I’m glad to have known you, and glad that you’re tied to me.” Minho smiled slyly.

“Yah! You sound like a kidnapper or something.” Sulli laughed.

“I’m kidnapping your heart.” Minho replied in a cheesy manner.

“Stop being so cheesy,” Sulli replied. “I’m so…unused to this…”

“10…9…8…7…6…” The voice from the loudspeaker was heard again.

“5…4…3…2…1…” Sulli and Minho did the countdown as well as they gazed at each other.

“Happy new year!” Sulli whispered and gave him a hug.

“Happy new year, Mrs Choi.” Minho replied.

And they turned to watch the fireworks on display some distance away, hands held together.

It seems like 2013 is going to bring about something different into their lives.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

hihi all new subscribers and readers!

been rather busy with NY fun so yup kind of rushed this chapter. 

nevertheless, hope you guys had enjoyed it!

and i had fun making Minho in the story being so jealous about Kang Tae Jun XD

And Happy New Year! :D