They are Not Just Passer-bys

Problems with Prearranged Marriage

 

Hi everyone! Since it's NY period decided to just add another chapter, since I'm pretty much stuck at home because I went out too much recently XD

This will not be much of comedy, but more of an intro to the happenings later on.

Since Minho and Sulli have realised their feelings for each other, we need some kind of obstacles to prove their hearts. So the her that is in Minho's mind is back XD

And let's see how it goes.

Hope you guys enjoy the chapter! :D

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The beginning of 2013 also marks a new semester in University for Otters (UFO). Don’t ask why it’s called the University for OTTERS, we all know it’s a University for HUMANS instead, but perhaps, just perhaps, the founder of the school love OTTERS for who-knows-what-reasons. And don’t ever question the abbreviation of the university, yes UFO. Like LOL. But just leave it as it is. The only thing you need to know is that, this is the university that Sulli attends, along with you-will-know-who-later-on.

Sulli enters the lecture hall with a bright smile. Of course, with all the good things happening lately in her life, it’s hard to NOT emit that kind of radiance, that kind of girl-in-love looks. Just then, she saw a familiar figure, along with the friend that she knows best, Lee Taemin.

Hmm better not go and disturb them. Sulli thought and was about to leave their sight when she called out, “Sulli!” in a rather excited tone, contradictory to the very irritated look she had when Sulli just saw her.

“Hi Krystal,” Sulli greeted.

“Sulli, are you sitting with anyone?” Krystal enquired.

“Erhm…” Sulli glanced around, hoping to find a friend that she could use as an excuse. Sulli is just not the kind of person who would interfere with other people’s problems, especially that of Krystal and Taemin. Plus instincts told her that Taemin would definitely not like her presence in the form of their “light bulb”, aka the “extra person”.

And thankfully, she did saw someone that she knew, though he’s very much considered a passer-by in actual fact. But, you will never know the outcome unless you take the gamble right?

“Key!” Sulli exclaimed, silently hoping that she had not called the wrong name. But it’s pretty hard to call his name wrongly, she thought to herself, since his name is so unique and so easy to remember.

Key turned to where he had heard his name. Isn’t this the Sulli who has a possessive fiancé? He thought to himself. “Sulli!” He exclaimed and waved back to her.

“Heh mianhae Krystal, I’m with a friend.” Sulli replied to Krystal after receiving the acknowledgement from Key.

“Sulli, can I sit with you and your friend then?” Krystal continued to ask just when Sulli was walking towards Key who had spaced out a seat for her.

“What about Taemin?” Sulli took a quick glance at Taemin, who was looking less and less pleasant second by second.

“Just don’t care about him. I need a breather.” Krystal replied with a tinge of annoyance.

“But Krystal, he’s still your husband.” Sulli advised, though yes we all know that Sulli doesn’t give a damn about Minho initially as well. But since things have changed, Sulli would naturally give Krystal some advice.

Oh yes, one thing that you may not know of is that Krystal and Taemin are already married, though it would be more reasonable to call it a forced marriage, just like how Sulli and Minho’s engagement was initially pretty much forced as well.

Anyway, talking about the wedding dinner, it almost caused an irreversible mess, but that was also how Sulli got to know Krystal.

Flashback…

 “Congratulation, Lee Taemin!” Sulli slapped hard on his shoulders, their usual greetings. Yes, Taemin was finally getting married. The world’s GREATEST Playboy was finally going to be tied down.

“Choi Jinri! Stop slapping me!” Taemin whined like a little boy.

“Hey, where’s your pretty bride?” Sulli inquired.

Taemin sighed. “I don’t know, maybe the restroom?” He remembered her staring at him with icy cold eyes and then left without saying a word except for telling him to use the toilet as an excuse should anyone ask.

Well, it’s rather forgivable though, he forced her into this marriage; he needed her so that he could return to the family business. Not that he’s finding the part time job in Blissful Memories tedious, but he wanted acceptance by his family again, and marrying Krystal was the only way for his parents to take him back. And she was so unwilling to comply with his needs…

“Yah! Lee Taemin, don’t look so sad. Let’s go find your pretty bride!” Sulli exclaimed and led him towards the direction of the restroom.

*Tap, tap*

They heard footsteps.

She saw his silhouette.

“Oppa, he’s coming.” She whispered silently.

He nodded.

They saw a couple kissing. Taemin recognised her back immediately. Who else would be clad in such a gorgeous wedding dress tonight?

“Krystal?” He managed her name out of his mouth.

They turned around, and he was shocked to see her as well.

“Ssul?” Minho questioned.

What…is…this? Sulli thought to herself as she saw the scene unfolding in front of her. Didn’t he say that he wasn’t free to attend the wedding dinner with her? So why is he here?

Minho turned towards Krystal and pushed her away. “Ssul, I can explain this…” he pleaded, hoping that she would listen to him.

 Sulli was about to walk away when Krystal shouted, “Minho-oppa didn’t do anything unfaithful!”

Sulli turned back to face the duo, slightly willing to hear the rest of their story.

“I’m sorry! Minho-oppa…he was just helping me. I can swear that we didn’t kiss for real! It was just my kissing my own thumb that was placed over his lips. I just wanted to bluff Taemin, bluff that I’m madly in love with someone else that’s not him, so that he would probably just stop bothering me.”

“Ssul, believe us. I received her text calling for help. That’s why I wasn’t free to accompany you to your friend’s wedding dinner. Turns out that…we’re at the same dinner…” Minho continued.

Sulli took in a deep breath and thought for a moment. “Okay, just next time, inform me beforehand if you’re putting up another of this kind of show.” She replied, trying to sound magnanimous though she knew that she would definitely not like Minho to put up another of this kind of thing. It scares her so much.

“Ssul, if you’re worried, then I will not do it again.” Minho walked towards Sulli and placed his arms around her waist, making her gaze meet his.

Sulli nodded. “You better not.”

“I’m really sorry…” Krystal pleaded from behind. “I really don’t mean to cause such a misunderstanding.”

Sulli turned towards her. “It’s alright now.” She smiled.

“Thanks. I’m Krystal.” Krystal took out her hands.

“Sulli.” Sulli hesitated for a moment, then took and shook her hand.

End Flashback

“Please…pretty please…” Krystal cajoled.

“Okay then.” Sulli guided Krystal to where Key was.

*Beep*

“Yahhh Choi Jinri where are you bringing my wifey? >:(

Sulli smirked. Finally the world’s greatest playboy gets his just desserts!

“I’m going to intro a better man for her. See this? ;)” Sulli replied his text.

*Beep*

“You can’t! She’s MARRIED! To MEEEEE!”

HAHAHA Lee Taemin, you finally got what it feels like to be worried?

“Of course I can. Extra-marital affair? XD”

*Beep*

“Yahhhhh! Be careful of KARMA. Later your fiancé has an extra-marital affair! *Curses*”

Yahhhh! Lee Taemin! How dare you curse me! Sulli screamed inside her head. She turned to where Taemin was seated and gave him a “do you want to die” glare.

“Minho wouldn’t do that to me.” She sent out the message and threw her phone inside her bag in discomfort.

I’m right, aren’t I? Sulli thought inside her head.

“Mr Choi, the temporary secretary is already outside. I’m sorry for being unable to help you for the month ahead.” Luna informed.

“It’s okay. You don’t have to worry about me. Just take care of yourself and settle your problems.” Minho replied. Yes, he has finally returned to resume his work after who knows how many days of engagement leave.

Luna nodded and left the Manager’s Room. Subsequently a knocking of door was heard.

It must be the temporary secretary. Minho thought to himself. “Come in.” He announced.

She opened the door swiftly and entered into his room, her high heels emitting clacks sounds in every step she takes.

He could sense her standing in front of him. Minho tore his gaze from the piles of unsigned documents to her.

To her.

“Kwon Yuri.” She smiled, emitting her usual Black Pearl Yuri’s charisma.

“Yu…ri…” He slowly echoed her name, as if in shock, as if in daze, and omitting the “noona” just so naturally.

She continued to smile in front of him.

“Why are you here?” Minho switched to a dark face.

“Minho, of course I’m here for you.” Yuri replied with a puzzled look, as if he was asking something really weird.

“For me? What about your Sica?” Minho questioned further.

Yuri laughed. “Mianhae. I got it all clear when Sica and I went to the States. That I’m straight, I’m straight for you.”

“So you’re straight? Really straight?” Minho asked again in anxiety. He could never forget how tormenting and demoralising it was when his Yuri rejected him for a girl. A Girl! He could never get this.

Yuri continued to laugh. “Yes Minho, I swear I’m straight.” She replied.

Okay. So Yuri is straight. Now what? Minho thought to himself. Another person came into his mind almost immediately. Sulli. His Ssul. So what if Yuri is straight? Things will not resume as though nothing has happened in between those times right?

“Yuri, I’m engaged.” He admitted, hoping that Yuri might perhaps just teach him what to do. If she willingly steps out of the circle, then it is probably a sign for him to forget the past and embrace the present. But what if, his present now includes her as well?

“So you want me to give up on you?” Turned out that she wants him to make the choice, Minho sighed.

Should he? Should he not? A tinge of him still feels for this Black Pearl in front of him. Wait, maybe not just a tinge. Wholly? But where does Sulli stands then? His mind was in a total mess.

“Hmm…so you would have heard from Luna about my schedules and appointments?” Minho decided to divert the topic.

Yuri smiled. At least he’s not rejecting her right now. “Yes.” She replied.

“Okay. Have you had experience in being a secretary?” Minho questioned.

“Yes, during the times in the States, I worked as one, because we were all lacking money so badly.” She added with a laugh.

How did she live her life in the States? Doesn’t that Sica take care of her? Thoughts ran into Minho’s head.

“Lacking money so badly? What happened?” He asked in a concerned tone. It just comes so naturally; he couldn’t help but worry for her.

“Aniya. It’s not a big deal.”

“Yahh! What happened?” He hates it when she refuses to tell him anything.

“Chillax~ Minho yah, you’re still the same.” She replied with a chuckle.

...

You’re still the same.

I’m still the same? Minho thought to himself. Does it mean that…I still love her?

 

“Minho!” Sulli came out from her room and gave him a welcome hug. It was something that they pretty much did each day as a form of “reward” for their tough day.

But today, Minho did not hug her back, because he was confused; because there was a her lingering in his mind.