Unlocked with the Key

Problems with Prearranged Marriage

 

Minho’s POV:

When she said she was violated, I just felt…injustice for her. Not much of those I-wanna-punch-you-so-freaking-badly emotions towards that courier officer…and when she hugged me…it didn’t give me that much of those pulsating feelings. Yes, that kind of pulsating feelings that existed whenever I’m with Ssul, long before we got engaged for real.

So perhaps, I had been in love with her since a long time ago. It was just that I didn’t realise it, until Key came into the picture.

Yes, that fateful biking incident. That made me fear that I would lose her so badly when she disappeared for like how many hours, 2, 3? I can’t remember that clearly. All I know that it was a very long time and how I struggled to convince myself that she will be back. Because I wanted her to be back, so I believed that my very strong will, will be able to summon her back, back to me.

So when she really did come back to me, I didn’t care anymore. I uttered all the words that were hidden deep inside my heart, and man, there were so many things that I wanted to tell her; which I only realised until she’s missing. So I blabbered out everything without thinking more about it, the jealousy that I had subtly expressed whenever she ogles at that Kang Tae Jun, the officially pronouncing her as mine in front of Key who was, at that time, just another passer-by who somewhat expressed interest in her.

And then I admit, it was wrong of me to be swayed, when Yuri noona came into the picture. Originally I already had visions of me and Ssul, living like a true married couple, with our little small House of the Choi, and maybe, a kid or two. I had decided to put down the previous relationship with Yuri noona, forget about her, and forget about those memories we used to share. Oh wait, forgetting doesn’t sound like a good word; it sounds like I’m purposely deleting her away from my life because she affects me so much, but it’s not. Instead of forgetting, perhaps, it would have been more appropriate to say that I had decided to leave the past deep inside my heart, acknowledge it as part of me, but happily reviewing these memories with the current one beside me, my Ssul. Yes, that sounds a lot better.

But I dealt with it so badly. I told Ssul about my hesitation, the doubts in my heart. It must have hurt her so badly. So badly that she had to seek solace in another person, probably Key. So perhaps, I really need to thank him for taking care of her during my…my inconsistency, even though he stole her away from me.

And then she started to stay out late, with Key. She ignores my conversation with her, casually bringing it across without replying, and then leaving again, with Key. How jealous I was, did you know? That whole incident kept replaying in my mind until I could not help but find myself targeting that Key. Unconsciously scribbling his name on empty sheets of papers, getting exceptionally agitated when I hear this crucial word, and was there more? I can’t remember much. I mean, what else could have been in my mind during that time other than Key and her with Key?

And then I had to meet Key, as a business partner. So I suspected that it was a ploy by Key and her to…I don’t know…make me jealous, so that I can be clear of my feelings? Oh well, it was true, their plan worked. I was so jealous. Goodness. But thankfully it was just a ploy.

And then he had to tell me that he fell for her for real. Just when I was feeling relief about their ploy, he had to throw such a bomb at me! This, is definitely worse than telling me that they are scheming to make me jealous. Nothing gets more serious when it’s real, just like how I used to scare Ssul by teasing her about let’s be real. Remember? Maybe you don’t, but I do, because it was such fun teasing her back then, when there were only us.

Okay, enough of all the emo-ing. Let’s get back to the story.

 “Key…confessed to you?” Minho asked.

“Don’t say anything until he is very clear of his feelings.”

“But what if…” he asks about something?

“Just keep asking him that one question.”

“Put that aside, have you sorted out your feelings?” Sulli replied.

“I have.” Minho replied with a weakly smile. But is it too late?

Sulli brightened up, yet did not dare to openly show her smile. What if it’s not me?

“What if it’s not me?” She asked.

“At least you can put him down, and start anew.”

“Am I…the one in your heart?” Sulli forced the words out. She wanted to know the answer, yet was also afraid of the answer being not the one she wanted.

“Yes. The only one,” Minho replied. “But am I still in your heart?” He asked back.

Sulli ran towards and hugged him.

“Silly. If it’s not you, who else would it be?” Sulli replied through tears of happiness.

“Key?” Minho called out the name.

“Ani!” Sulli replied while still hugging him tightly. Though it had only been a few days, she felt that they had been so apart.

“But you guys were on the phone…” and so lovey dovey… Minho thought in his head.

“We were, but he’s just like an unnie. It’s fine talking like that to a sister.”

Unnie? Did I seriously hear this right? Minho screamed into his head.

“But no Ssul, he said that he likes you. He said that to me.” Minho replied.

“He likes me? He didn’t tell me anything.” Sulli replied.

Forget it, at least if he ever confessed, he would still lose. Minho thought to himself and smiled, while embracing Sulli in his arms.

A large hand went to caress her tender cheeks, and lifted her chin. He was going to overlap her lips with his.

“Mm…Minho, I’m worried…about Key.” Sulli muttered through irregular breathings, simply because Minho was making her feel so…nervous.

“Ssul, can we just forget about him for once?” Minho replied, his lips inching closer to hers.

Sulli nodded shyly. His lips were just millimetres away from hers.

“Aniya!” Sulli exclaimed all of a sudden. “Mianhae Minho, I just cannot…I’m worried about him.” Sulli pushed Minho away from her and ran back into her room.

She took deep breaths behind the door as she shut it in the face of Minho.

Aish! That Key! He’s being such an extra even though he’s not physically here. Minho thought to himself, and then, as if another realisation, so it’d be worse if he’s physically here? Even though Ssul doesn’t like him? This is giving him a headache.

 “Ssul!” As usual Krystal became extra chirpy in front of Sulli. “So…has he finally cleared his thoughts?” Krystal asked cautiously when they met in school the next day.

“He did.” Sulli replied, unable to hide her smile.

“Tsk tsk. Stop acting like those typical girl-in-love,” Taemin replied.

“Jealous much?” Key interrupted from behind.

“Key…” Sulli muttered his name softly.

He said that he likes you. He said that to me

Minho’s words rang in her mind, causing her to be unable to face Key normally, nor behave so chummy like they did last night through the phone.

“Yah Choi Sulli, why did you hang up on me?” Key interrogated.

“Mianhae Key. And…we got back together.” She replied, as well as making him aware of this fact. Key, it’s impossible between us. She silently hoped that he got the message.

“What’s with getting back together?” Key replied, “as if you guys used to be apart.” He continued with a grin, while looking at the direction where Krystal is, the latter returning his grin with another.

“Hey! Is there something that I don’t know of?” Taemin interrupted the obvious grins since he was just nice seated in between Key and Krystal.

“Mission accomplished!” Krystal stood up and Hi-5-ed Key who stood up when she did.

“Jung Soojung! What did I miss out?” Taemin interrupted once again.

So it turned out that the “reveal about the plan and confess” to Minho was just another of their plan; Key and Krystal’s plan. To hasten Minho’s ability to sort out his thinking.

“Thanks Key. Thanks Krys.”

“No problem!” Krystal replied with a smile. “I’m the Almighty Key!” Key replied. “And I’m Almighty Krystal!” Krystal continued from where Key had ended. They both laughed.

“Yah! What about me?” Taemin protested, unhappy to be left out in the conversation.

“Yes, thanks to the world’s greatest player too!” Sulli exclaimed while laughing.

“Yahhhhhhhhhhhh!” And a loud protest was heard across the canteen.

“Yuri…” Minho paused for a moment, “noona, I have something to tell you.”

“Go ahead,” Yuri replied with a smile.

“That time…I was confused.” He slowly spoke, “but now I’m very clear about it.”

“Mm…” Yuri replied while nodding. “So what’s your final choice?” She asked.

“Mianhae Yuri noona.” Minho replied.

“You know what? I knew your decision ever since you called me noona.” Yuri replied with a light smile. “I understand.”

Just then, Jonghyun barged into the room.

“Minho! There’s some blond woman looking really fierce…” He stopped in his words when he saw Yuri in the office as well.

“Minho! I got a bad feeling…” Yuri’s fingers fidgeted as she explained further to Minho.

“Kwon Yuri!” She exclaimed.

Jonghyun stood in front of her. “Nice to meet you, I’m Kim Jonghyun.” He whispered seductively into her ears.

“Sorry, I’m not interested in guys. So stop your tricks on me.” She replied coldly.

DAMN IT CHOI MINHO! Why are you asking me to seduce a lesbian!!! Jonghyun screamed into his head. AFTER ALL I’M YOUR HYUNGGGGGG!

And as what you have guessed, the blond girl is Jessica Jung.

...

“Minho, is this really fine?” Yuri asked with concern.

Of course not! Hyung’s probably going to kill me when he knows that she’s not straight! Minho ranted in his head. But of course, he had to keep cool to convince Yuri that it will be fine.

“Hyung’s an expert in courting girls. It should be fine.” He replied.