One Year Later

Problems with Prearranged Marriage

 

Sulli and Minho stood outside the hall waiting for the cue, hands clasped tightly. Sulli was downed in her wedding dress while Minho was dressed in a tuxedo.

“Let us welcome the newly-wed couple!” The announcement was heard from inside the hall.

The moment arrived and the main door was opened. They were led into the hall by the red carpet.

A blissful smile, a gentle nod, just these simple gestures could prove how loving the couple is.

They cut the 5-layer-cake, Minho taking the chance to dip his finger into the cake and smear the remnants on his wife’s face.

“Yahh!” Sulli exclaimed.

“Chill it honey. You’re louder than all the microphones combined.” Minho teased.

“Choi Minho!” Sulli continued to shout in front of all the audience.

“OHO! Choi Choi Sulli!” Minho exclaimed back at her.

“What Choi Choi Sulli?” Sulli asked.

“You’re married to me, so you’re Choi, and your original surname is also Choi. Doesn’t that make you Choi Choi Sulli?” Minho replied with a teasing smile.

“Yah! It sounds awful man.” Sulli whined. “I don’t want this kind of name…” Sulli complained as she stormed her foot on the stage.

“Shhh. We’re still in the midst of the wedding dinner.” Minho wrapped himself around her and cajoled.

“It’s your entire fault!” Sulli retorted.

“Yes yes my fault, my fault for marrying you.” Minho replied.

“What?” Sulli turned to stare at him. Oh wait, glare at him.

“Just kidding, yeobo, you’re getting so uninteresting day by day.” Minho replied.

“Why?” Sulli asked back. She didn’t want him to find her uninteresting. That marks the very first sign of losing passion, she heard from someone.

Minho smiled back at her. “That’s a joke as well. Just your presence is enough to entertain me.”

Sulli broke into a smile as they hugged each other tighter.

*Cough* “Okay, that was a very nice play put up by our newly-wed couple.” The emcee returned to the flow of the event.

“So now, let’s enjoy the food for tonight!” The emcee announced and walked to the side to…enjoy his smuggled-in chicken? Oh dear what emcee do we have here?

“Mianhae, that’s my…boyfriend.” Luna introduced the emcee on stage feeling slightly embarrassed. Yet it was this exceptional love for chicken that he has that captivated her so much. That devotion he has was the very factor that attracted her, though yes, that devotion was towards chicken, and now, chicken and her. That very guy is definitely, undeniably, cannot be argued, Onew Lee.

“It’s okay.” Yuri smiled. Ever since she took up the temporary secretary job, she had gotten closer to Luna because there were so many things that she had to seek help from her on. Therefore, even until now, when she’s no longer working under Choi Minho, she still keeps in close contact with Luna.

“See, that’s what every woman wants. Devotion!” A loud complaint was heard from beside Yuri.

“Yes, arasseo, neh~” Taemin replied, “Krys, I have already quitted my bad habits!” He whined.

“Mmm…just a daily reminder,” Krystal replied and proceeded to grab one of the dishes on the table.

What daily reminder? It’s more like a minute-ly reminder. Taemin thought to himself.

“OHO! Are you silently complaining about me?” Krystal spoke loudly.

“I’m not!” I mean, even if I can, I obviously cannot admit to it, right? Taemin thought to himself.

“Cool, Krys! You’re doing a good job running the reins in your family!” An excited voice was heard from opposite the table.

“Unnie, stop teasing me,” Krystal replied with a light laugh.

She’s obviously so proud of it. Taemin continued to talk to himself silently.

“I’m not. I also want to try something like that.” Jessica replied.

“Noooo!” A loud roar was heard from beside her.

“Kim Jonghyun! Can you stop roaring like a dinosaur?” Jessica chided the guy beside her.

“Hyung! Getting reined in as well?” Taemin laughed.

“Yahhh!” Jonghyun retorted. “You ill-mannered kid!”

“Stop roaring!” Jessica commanded once again.

Cool. Is this what they call, the prowess of the Jung sisters? Sulli thought to herself as she saw the scene/event going on at that very interesting table.

“Hey yeobo, how did Jonghyun oppa exactly managed to court Jessica unnie? Isn’t she…?” Sulli nudged the guy beside her.

“Lesbian? She was just another confused one like Yuri noona.” Minho laughed as he replied.

“Ooh…” Sulli replied.

“Oh wait, where’s Key?” Minho asked.

“I’m not sure. The last time he called he said he would be coming back for our wedding ceremony.” Sulli replied.

HE CALLED? HE ONLY TEXTED ME! Minho screamed into his head.

Keep cool, Choi Minho…Keep cool.

“When did he call?” Minho tried to keep his composure.

“Mm…I think it was about 2 in the morning, last…Friday…I think.” Sulli replied.

“2am in the morning? What is he thinking?” Minho replied with a tinge of dissatisfaction. It sounds like a secret date when the husband is asleep. He couldn’t help but thinking.

“Mmm…at their side it should be in the afternoon, so it’s actually fine. Plus I’m used to it.” Sulli replied.

“Used to it?” Minho probed on. Something’s telling him that there are things that he are very unaware of.

“Yeah, he always called at that hour. Like once a day. Of course I’m already used to it.” Sulli replied.

Keep cool, Choi Minho…Keep cool…Keep…HOW CAN I KEEP COOL??!

“WHY DOES HE CALL YOU EVERYDAY?” He exclaimed in ultimate displeasure.

“Shhhhh!!!” Sulli tried to hush him down.

“Yah, Choi Sulli! Tell me! Why does he call you every day?” Minho pestered for an answer.

Just then, a blond guy stepped up to the stage.

“Hey everybody, Almighty Key is back!” He said into the microphone.

And what are the loud cheers from every table all about?

“Who is he?” Onew asked. “Why is everyone clapping their hands and cheering?”

“He’s the new fashion diva. Kim Ki Bum aka Key Diva. His family runs the legendary lock and key business. And he himself is the founder of K.E.V.A, the iconic clothes brand.” Luna replied as she munched on the chicken that Onew smuggled in. Pretty much influenced by Onew?

“OOH! The…*munch* Locking Holdings *munch* that monopolised the entire *munch* lock and key industry? And that K.E.V.A brand is his?” Onew asked through loud munching on what? Chicken, duh.

“Mmm…*munch* impressive much?” Luna replied. Oh dear is Onew seriously so influential that even Luna is munching through her words?

“Mmm…*munch* yes.” Onew replied. He took the chicken off his mouth. “Does that mean we get discounts for purchasing his clothes?” A glitter in his eyes.

“Ssul!” Key ran towards Sulli and almost hugged her. Yes, almost, because the legendary full-of-jealousy Choi Minho blocked her from his hug.

“Come on, Minho, she’s already your legal wife. Are you afraid I’ll steal her or something?” Key replied between laughs.

“Mmm…you’re still very suspicious.” Minho replied.

“I have a girlfriend!” Key replied.

Girlfriend? Oppa! I thought I would be expecting a boyfriend!” Sulli replied with laughs.

“Yahhh!” Key retorted. “I’m a freaking M.A.N!”

“Bum! Bummie!” A loud masculine voice was heard.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAH! The hall was filled with laughter as the loud shout for a particular Bum/Bummie was heard. I mean, that guy has got to be seriously unlucky to have such weird nicknames.

Only to see Key’s face redden.

“Omo, Key, you’re… Bummie?” Minho asked. Key did not admit. But neither did he deny.

“Yah! Bum!” The short haired girl went up to the stage and tapped on Key’s shoulders.

“Amb, please don’t call me that in public…” Key replied.

“Why not? It’s such an adorable name.” Amber replied with lively smiles.

“Hmm…Key, just accept it. Accept i-MWAHAHAHAHAHAH!” Minho could not refrain from laughing.

They returned to the House of the Choi.

Finally they have their own time after some really commotional wedding dinner back there.

Minho cuddled Sulli in his arms as they lay down on their bed.

“Ssul, remember about the rules in the house?” Minho asked.

“Mmm…yes, the 5 rules…” Sulli replied feeling rather sleepy after a hectic day.

“Remember you owe me one punishment?” Minho probed on.

Sulli nodded gently, knowing that Minho would not really punish her. After all, he loves her so dearly.

“Listen here, the punishment for you,” Minho started, “is to be with me for as long as I live.”

Sulli smiled and leaned closer in his chest, gently nodding in agreement.

“Remember, be with me. Not Key or anyone else.” Minho repeated.

Such a full-of-jealousy guy, Sulli thought and smiled more. After all, it only better proved that he really loves her.

“Yes, it will be only you, and forever just you.” Sulli replied.

The night was long, as they finally shared their first union, on the large bed where they used to scream the hell out of each other.

Funny how fate works right?

No matter how funny though, at least fate gave them each other.

END

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

YAY finally the end! Gosh it's such a miracle that I could even finish this story :)

Thanks for all you subscribers (those who came and left as well XD) and readers, and silent readers and all the comments. Really appreciate every and each of them because they are the ones that kept me going!

Anyway, i will admit that the chapters after NY were just there to...probably introduce more characters because i had such a sudden urge to add more people to buzz up the ending! Plus I did felt like writing a story for each couple pair at that time, but... oh wells, maybe.

Hope you guys had enjoyed this hilarious ride with me. I had fun coming up with random ridiculous plots as well XD

-Haruyang :)