The last page of the past...

What Is The Saddest In Smile?

"It's gonna be ok!!" - Jonghyun told me as we got out of the taxi and walked to the small graveyard by the hospital... - "Can you wait for me in the yard? I need to do something." I nodded and walked to the green grass that was all over the small hospital graveyard... Seemed so calm!

The last time I was on a funeral it was Vivien's grandpa's funeral a year and a half ago... Life is so ridiculous! I walked a bit and found where the funeral should take place. A tiny place, the giant tree spreads shadow on a small territory where Vivien will lie for kinda... forever! In some time I heard soft footsteps. I turned to see who it was. The doctor who was examining me, the one who told me that Vivien is dead... How I hated him... That calm faced young doctor in a white uniform!!

"Miss Grace right?" - He spoke in a calming voice while coming over the place. - "You came right in time... Her corpse will be brought in a few minutes and I want to talk to you before you see her for the last time!"

"Is there any problem?" - I got nervous. - "Or you just want to tell me to keep calm and take death as a part of each living soul??? I know that maybe better than you! So just forget that please! I'm totally fine and I don't need psycological help!"

I turned my body away and looked nowhere. The doctor cleaned his throat and mumbled a brief 'OK' through a sigh. I always drop a few tears when I'm offended or I hurt someone when I really meant it... So this time wasn't sn exception. Jonghyun didn't appear and I thought he left and that made me even more angry. I wanted everything to end right at that moment! But it was going to last forever... That's not fair!!

The funeral was so different from Her grandfather's one. There were so many people on his funeral and all of them were hugging Vivien and telling they will help her whenever she needs help... Vivien smiled to every person who was telling that... But she accepted only my help. I was the only one left by her side in the end. And right now I can't hug her and just stay silent to let her feel what she was supposed to feel. On her funeral there were only me and the doctor and the people who were slowly lowering the simple coffin into the deep pit... I picked a small yellow flower from the garden by the giant tree and put it on the coffin. A last tear dropped on it and I silently said good bye... These were my last words as I left the graveyard. I'm starting a new life! Right.. I'll do it by myself!

Jonghyun was sitting on a bench by a grave. He was looking at the small stone where was written... 'Lee Sae Yeon, 1992-2008. A loving sister and daughter.' I looked slowly at Jonghyun who was completely in his thoughts. For about 2 minhtes we both were silent. He had to talk to himself. I know how people feel looking at a grave of someone they knew.

"She knew how to make smile..." - Jonghyun started with a sad smile. - " But I couldn't fix her health! In the end she was still smiling and making everyone do the same. Like it was me dying! Like I was the one to be told to stay strong.." I was looking at him stealthely. I was afraid to say something wrong, 'It's ok? I'm by yor side Jonghyun?'... What should I say? And who was that girl?? I noticed his eyes shining like he was going to cry but he blinked fast and smiled at me.

"Let's go, Grace!" - That's what he told before putting a little bunch of small wildflowers on the grave and standing up. He turned his head away. The girl was probably someone very close to him. I really want to know you better Jonghyun... Something more than other people know!