Hospital

What Is The Saddest In Smile?

 

I stood up. How could she lie to me? Who am I to her? I'm her sister for God's sake!! I was getting angry. Yonghwa was standing at the window with a broken face. He was feeling worse than I did?? We had probably the same feeling but from the different angles. I went to him.

"You ok?" - I asked. What else could I say?

"No... What do you think, how do I feel?" - He was hiding his face. Was he crying?

"I'm sorry... But why didn't you tell me?? I feel, I've been betrayed..." - I was wrong telling about myself now. But I had to.

"Grace, it's very compliated... It's me, who should be sorry... I did that! And I was wrong. It's all my fault. Everything!! She was pregnant because of me, she lost the baby because of ME!!!! Do you understand that?" - He was crying now looking at me. His face was all swollen from tears and he looked really tired. He could't stop the tears and sorrow.

I hugged him. It was my fault too. I am the elder sister. I should ask about her life. I should protect her from problems and stress... Is there a sister worse than me? No there's not... Yonghwa was still crying. I hugged him tighter.

"Sh... Calm down. Be strong! She needs you..." - I was crying too... I pushed myself away and looked at Yonghwa. He turned away and left the room. I turned to the window. What does Mary do now? How does she feel? Minhyuk came up and stood by me.

"It is a shock for you right?... - He said looking at me with confused face. - "She didn't tell you anything. Neither did Yonghwa. He was silent too. But I felt something was wrong..."

"How did that happen?..." - I asked without looking at him.

"Yonghwa told me they had a date. She was still getting ready when he was already at the house. She started hurrying, because was worried for Yonghwa not to be seen by the neighbours. She quickly got out of the house and when she was running down the stairs, she slipped and fell down. Yonghwa said there was blood all over the ground and Mary was crying. He quickly took her here and the doctors said she lost the baby... She was already senseless when they took her to the operation room."

"How long was she pregnant?"

"I think it wasn't more than a month or two..."

"I want to see her..." - I said and went out of the room.

"But Mary's unconscious. I don't think you should go..." - He couldn't finish because I already shut the door. I walked through the white corridor to the end of it, to the wide door of the reanimation room. I opened the door and the nurse asked me who I was. She led me to Mary's bed. She was lying with her eyes closed and pale face. She was sensless and it was the first time I saw her this weak and tired. I went closer and I couldn'd stop my tears.

"Mary..." - I touched her cold hand. - "Is she ok?" - I became worried and looked at the nurse. She nodded and asked to leave right when she says. The nurse left us. - "I'm sorry sister... I had to protect you. I'm such a bad sister..." - Tears blocked my throat and I couldn't say anything else. A minute passed and I still couldn't open my eyes...

"Gracie, you're the best sister ever!" - I opened my eyes. Mary was looking at me with tired face and wet eyes.

"You ok?"

"It just hurts a bit." - She smiled and took my hand. - "Where is Yonghwa?" - She was talking with a great difficult.

"He.. He is in the corridor." - I dried my eyes and blinked the tears away. - "Why didn't you tell me anything?"

"Sorry, I didn't know how to..." - She couldn't finish because I started talking angrily.

"Do you understand how I felt, when Minhyuk told me about the baby??!!" - I got up. - "Mary, I am your sister! If I knew, I would be attentive and I wouldn't let this happen. And one more thing! How could you get pregnant?! You just 19!! That's so wrong..."

"I'm sorry sis..." - She was crying so hard, that my heart sqeezed and hurt. - "I was so happy, I wanted the baby... Yong wanted too..." - She stopped and closed her face with her tiny small hand crying.

"Why did you hurry? Why didn't you think about the baby?!" - I looked at her. She was silent. I looked at her for a few seconds.

"Miss, you have to leave..." - The nurse said coming up to us.

"Sure!" - I went out and walked through the white long corridor crying. Suddenly I couldn't feel my legs, my head was empty and I just slipped down crying...

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

HEY GUYS! THANK YOU FOR READING MY FANFIC!!! I'M REALLY GRATEFUL TO ALL OF YOU!! <3 It would be really helpful if you can give me some hints on writing the next chapter.... thank you!)))))))))))) see ya...