Incapable

Gifts
Maki is busy putting her things in her locker when someone move beside her. It's Yamapi.
"Ohayou!"
"Ohayou" she said, bowing her head
Yamapi brings out a book from his back and give it to her.
"that's what our project is about. Read it ne~"
"uh thanks! actually i haven't got my copy of this." said Maki
Yamapi smiled. "just tell me when you're finished reading this then we can start with our project". and then he left.
From the corner of her eyes she sees two girls standing at the corner, looking at her. They are from her class, one of them is Yui. She doesn't like the way they look at her. She heard their minds, it doesn't sound good either. She hurriedly lock her locker and walk away fast, but then the girls followed her. Maki doesn't like this, she always suffered this in her old school. She runs. The girls run too, chasing her.
"Oi! Maki!" they called
They keep on chasing her until they reach the side of a staircase. There Yui catch her by grabbing her hair. She twist her head to free herself from her clutches.
"what do you want?" she said
Yui glared at her. " I want you to leave Yamaa-kun!"
"huh? but we're only doing our project!" Maki said
"Then why don't you change partners" said the other girl.
"It was sensei who choose him not me."
"We said change partners, you !" Yui shouts grabbing and pulling her hair again
"let go of me!" Maki said.
"Oi! what's going on here!" someone shouted. Its Tegoshi's voice.
Yui stiffen. Maki finally breaks free but she slips and lost her balance. Before she knows it, she was falling down on the staircase. She landed hard on the floor.
"Maki!" Tegoshi shouted
Maki felt something warm trickle down her head. She heard heavy footsteps running down the stairs. And the last thing she remembers is Yamapi's face looming over hers before everything went black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tegoshi sees it all. Tegoshi saw Maki running away from the two girls. Heart beating wildly he followed them. He runs after them, he have a bad feeling about this. He paid no heed when he heard Yamapi calling after him even when Yamapi followed him too. He saw them grabbing Maki's hair. He shouted at them.
"Oi! what's going on here?"
The two girls went still upon seeing him and Yamapi.
His heart stop beating for a moment when he saw Maki falls down the stairs. He saw her landed on the floor and didn't move. And then he saw blood on Maki's head, it comes from a wound, a very big wound.
"Maki!" he shouts, he's so scared.
Yamapi immediately runs down the stairs and touches her head. He heals it, willing the wound to close. Slowly the wound fades away, leaving only smooth skin and traces of blood.

Tegoshi finally lets himself relax a little bit when he saw that Maki's finally alright. Yamapi turns to him, he motions his head to the two girls standing beside him. Tegoshi looks at them and at their horrified expressions. They see everything. Tegoshi understands and he nods to Yamapi. They must not let a human know about them, about who they really are. In times like this, when a human caught them using their gifts, its Tegoshi's job to clean up this kind of mess, to make them forget. He will erase their memories, Tegoshi smiles grimly. Or maybe, he thinks, maybe he can modify their minds a little bit. So that they will never be cruel to Maki ever again.
"Ne~" he said to the two girls, they look at him with scared faces.
Tegoshi smiles at them cutely. " I think we need to talk."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They brought Maki to the clinic. The nurse is gone. Yamapi put Maki to the bed carefully. He held Maki's hand.
"She's not okay yet. Some of her ribs break and I think there's an internal bleeding." Yamapi said to Tegoshi. "oh and I think she also broke her foot too."
Tegoshi snorts. " At least leave the foot. If she wakes up and notice that she's not harmed at all, she'll get suspicious."
Yamapi smiled at the sleeping Maki fondly. "Maybe I'll heal it a little so that it won't be too hard for her."

Tegoshi watched Yamapi heal her. He eyed Maki on the bed. Tegoshi hates this feeling. This feeling of uselessness. He remembers. He can only watch but couldn't do anything.... anything just to save her. He tried back then, but couldn't, he failed. The only thing he can do is to bring her here. Here, to this school, here where Yamapi is. Maybe Yamapi can save her. Maybe Yamapi can do what he can't do. He is their only hope.

Suddenly, someone burst from the door. Its Ayu.
"I'm sorry!" she said. " I heard that Maki's been hurt" she stops short upon seeing him.
Tegoshi looks at her. At her face. He feels his heart filled with pain upon seeing her.

"she's ok now." Yamapi interrupted them
Ayu turns to him. "I heard she fell from the stairs."
Yamapi nods. "She only broke her foot."
Ayu went beside Maki's bed.

Tegoshi stares at the two of them. He stares at the two most important person in his life. He love them both, cherish them, but couldn't show it. Yamapi looks at him. He pats his shoulder.
"Ne lets go out, it will be better for you if you go out." Yamapi whispered.
And he let Yamapi pulled him away. Away from the room.
Yamapi put his arm around his shoulders.

"Tegoshi, don't be like that. You just did the right thing. You did the right back the ne~" Yamapi comforts him

Tegoshi wonders if he really did the right thing. He thinks of Ayu. If its really the right thing to do, then why does his heart hurt so bad.
And Yamapi doesn't know about Maki yet. About who Maki really is to him.

-----------------------------------------------
end of chapter 7. hope you'll like this ne~ and there goes tegoshi's gift

hopefully i can finish this ne~ im starting to have a writer's block.. gyahh~~ I already know the ending of this story.. the problem is, i don't know how to get there... wahhhh~~

ciao ^_^