Hope

Gifts
Maki is walking in the corridor. The class has just finished. She ignores Yamaa during class though. Maki still didn't know why she can't hear his thoughts. She must be grateful that atleast she can't hear everyone's thoughts, but then she can still feel that there's no ordinary about that man. That he's not normal. The two friends of him too. It really bothers her. Even though she ignores him, she can feel that he's looking at her during the entire class.

She saw Ayu down the hallway.
"hey!"
Ayu turns and sees her. "hi! wanna go together to the dorm?" she grins
Maki nods.
"ne~ I'm just going to put this in my locker ok?" Ayu asked indicating her books that she's carrying.

Maki waits while Ayu is busy with her locker. Suddenly something came up. She know it because the people around her got excited. She heard their thoughts go like 'oh no they're here' 'I can finally see them again' 'he's so cute!' and she feels that Ayu is tensing beside her. Maki is confused so she look up and she sees 3 guys walking towards her. One of them is Tegoshi, the guy that she bumped into earlier.

"Hey its you!" tegoshi said. "I'm sorry about earlier ne~"
Maki tries to smile despite the thoughts like 'he's talking to HER?' 'what's with that girl? why is he talking to her?' comes her way. So this guy is popular too, Maki thinks.

"uhm, yeah its alright." Maki said.
Tegoshi smiled and she notes that this guy is pretty cute.
"I haven't introduce myself, have I? My name is Tegoshi Yuya. You? I've never seen you here before? Are you new student here?
"Horikita Maki. Yeah, I'm new here."
"Oh really? so that's why. By the way this is Massu" he points to the guy beside him, the one with round face and chubby cheeks that she's seen earlier too. "and this is Shige" he pointed to the other guy.
"Hi" Maki said. She looks at the three of them. It horrifies her that even though the place is filled with thoughts, she can't hear any from this three guys too. Really? what's going on here?

"Tegoshi" someone calls. Its Yamaa. And he's staring not at Tegoshi but at her.
"Oi! Yamapi!"
Maki blanches. They knew each other.
"Ne we have to go" she said to Tegoshi, she bows and leaves. Ayu trailing after her, confused.
"Ok, take care ne Maki-chan!" Tegoshi calls after her.
Maki can feel that Yamaa's looking at her back.

~~

"Maki, are you alright?" Ayu ask, bewildered by the way her friend is behaving.
"Un~ I just need to hurry up. I need to finish my assignments and you know I have a lot to catch up to." She lied.
"ah, ok me too, I've got loads to do too. See you again tomorrow. Goodnight" Ayu said.
'Is she really alright? that's strange as if she's afraid of them? I wonder why?' Maki heard her thinking as she left.

Once she's inside her room, she sighs. There are so many strange things that happened today, she thinks. She feels so vulnerable here. So alone. She hugs herself. If only Mama was here, then she wouldn't feel so scared and lonely. If only her parents were still alive, maybe she would be normal too. If only they were here then she would be hapy. Tears start to fall from her eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Ne~ Tegoshi, you know her?" Yamapi asks.
"Un! I accidentally bumped into her this morning ne~" Tegoshi said.
Yamapi doubts it. There are no real 'accidents' will happen if Tegoshi's around. He thinks its planned.
"Massu, what do you think about that girl?" Ryo ask.
Massu raised his eyebrows "Why? I don't feel any bad things from her. She's safe."
"See Ryo, I told you. She's pretty harmless" Koyama said.
"But there's really strange about her"
"Massu already said that she's safe. She's not dangerous. And Massu's always right about this kind of stuff."
Massu is gifted in this kind of thing. He knows who to trust or not. He can easily know if someone is dangerous to them just by looking at that person. This gift of Massu always keep them safe.
"But my instinct is never wrong either." Ryo said, almost angry.
"Guys, maybe there is something weird about that girl but just like Massu said she's pretty harmless so I don't think that she's a real danger to us. She do not belong to the enemy" Shige said.
"But she's not one of us" Ryo said through gritted teeth.
"Ryo-tan calm down. Massu said she's not dangerous so I think you don't have to worry about it." Tegoshi said. "And besides, you think I would let an enemy enter this school?"
"what? you know something Tegoshi?"
Tegoshi smiled. "She's just special ne~"
"What do you mean?" Yamapi ask
Tegoshi tilt his head to the side slightly "Eh? Yamapi still doesn't know yet?"
"What do you mean?" he repeats, more serious now.
"I thought you already know now, since 'it' was in the line of your gift ne~" Tegoshi said.
"What 'it'?"
"The thing that makes her special~"
"What do you mean?"
Tegoshi just smiles sweetly then turns to Massu.
"Ne Massu lets take yakiniku for dinner ne~" Massu smiled. This is his favorite, food. Together they left.
"What does he mean by that?" Ryo asks
Yamapi's left there... staring
"I hate it when he does that" Shige said. "and he knows everything, I mean how did he do that? Its not his gift to know everything right?"
"Shige" Ryo sneered. "You know Tegoshi he always find ways" he turns to Yamapi. "If Tegoshi says it then I believe it, but I will still keep an eye on her though, you'll never know..." he pats him at the back and left.

"Yamapi, why don't you just discover it. Since Tegoshi said it was in your gift ne. It must be important since he takes interest with it." Koyama said.

What Yamapi really hates about Tegoshi is that he don't tell important things to them. He will just give them a hint and leaves them guessing what it is.
Yamapi sighs, if Tegoshi put it like that, guess he have to find it out ne.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"ne Tegoshi" Massu said, they're eating yakiniku "that girl, Maki-chan, Nishikido-kun was right about her"
Tegoshi just smiles.
"I can feel it too. But its not like that she's dangerous or something. What I felt when I first see her is just like what I felt when I first see you too ne. I think she's just like you." Massu said
"Mmmm~ that's why she needs Yamapi-kun ne~" Tegoshi said
"Yeah, just like the way you need him too back then ne~" Massu conclude smiling.

-----------------------------------------------
end of chapter 4!! yey!! to those who's reading and commenting thank you so much ne~~ hope you enjoy this..

and if you're a little bit confused.. all of them.. i mean NewS.. have gifts ne.. different gifts.. jyah~~~