Premonition

Gifts
Maki stares at her room. Its bare with white walls, white ceiling and a small glass window. There's a bed, a closet and a desk. Brown boxes littered the floor. She's in her new room in her new dorm. She's been living with her aunt, her dead father's only sister. Her aunt got a new job in a far away place, so she forced Maki to change schools and enter a new dormitory.
" This is the only way I can be sure that you'll be well taken care of while I'm gone. Besides you have no friends at your old school, so i think you should take advantage of this to change your image and make new friends?" Her aunt told her.
But she knew the truth, since she can hear her thoughts. She knew that her aunt only want is to get rid of her. She understands. Ever since she's been living with her aunt, she knows that she stole the life that her aunt wants to have. She's thankful that even though her aunt regrets her presence, she still take responsibility of raising her and treated her kindly. So it was okay to her.

She set her things. Placing them where she wants it to be. She's almost finish when someone knock at her door. She opened it and was greeted by a girl.
"Uhm, hello I'm Ayu. I heard you are the new student here. I just came here to greet you. My room is there." the girl smiled and pointed at the door next to hers. The girl held out her hand but Maki didn't receive it. She knew it was rude but she doesn't want to know this girl's life. Not yet.
Maki tries to smile. "My name is Maki."
'Oh my I must've disturbed her' maki heard her thinking.
Ayu smiled again and said "Gomen ne if I disturbed you. Anyway if you need help or someone to chat to you can just go to my room and tell me about it ne~"
"thanks" said Maki. And Ayu left.
She thought about her first day at school tomorrow. She sighs. Its going to e along year again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maki stands before the gate of her new school. She stares at the ironed gate, the tall buildings and the students that are scattered in the courtyard, busily chatting and laughing with their friends.
'Oh no, I didn't finish my assignment last night. I hope sensei wouldn't catch me'
'I want to go home, its going to be boring day again'
'Is my dress ok today?'
She heard their thoughts. Maki sighs. Thinking that this is another hell for her. She really hated this. She always hear other people thoughts and she doesn't know how to stop it. Its like a bad radio that she can't turn off.
"Oi!" someone shouted. She barely have time to register the shout when something hard and heavy crash into her, nearly knocking the breath out of her. She fell into the ground hard and when she looked up a pair of large brown eyes greeted hers.
"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. I was running very fast and i didn't notice you standing there. I'm really really sorry."
She stared at the boy standing before her. Very pretty face, like a girl actually prettier than most girls. She notice that his large brown eyes is shining slightly and the bottom of his lips are slightly trembling. Like he's going to cry.
"Are you okay? Did I hurt you? Where? I'm really sorry. Do you want me to accompany you to the clinic?" stammered the guy.
She felt sorry for him so she shook her head and said " No I'm fine. Its my fault too, I'm standing at the center and blocking the gate."
He held up his hand and Maki take it, standing up. His hands is soft and his skin is white and smooth."I'm sorry he said again bowing.
"Tegoshi, hurry up! we're going to be late!" someone shouted.
The boy who just bumped into her turns to a boy with round face and chubby cheeks. "I'll coming" he shouted.
The boy, whose name is apparently Tegoshi turns to her and said "I have to go. I'm sorry ne~. Hope to see you again." he smiled to her and then runs toward his friend. They went inside the school.
She shook her head, she felt that something is weird with that boy. She just couldn't tell what.
She just noticed that if she would not hurry up she will be late.

The moment she step inside the school, she felt that
something is wrong. A shudder runs through her spine. Something is not right with this school, she thought. Its like a premonition of something. She shudders again.

Unbeknown to her, a pair of brown eyes is silently watching her. Its gaze is like sizing her up. Slowly its lips curled into a smile.

-----------------------------------------
~this is the end of chapter 1. sorry if there's no yamapi yet.. maybe in the next chapter.. hope you guys like this