Full Moon

Gifts
Maki walks to her dormitory. She's just come from the library, finishing her project. She yawns, she's so busy that she didn't notice that it's already late. Maybe its nearing midnight. She's about to enter her room when she sees Ayu locking her door. She looks at her. Ayu is dressed in black shirt and black pants.
"where are you going?" she said. Ayu jumps from shock.
"Maki! you scared me"
"where are you going?" she repeats again
Ayu grins "outside"
"outside? where?" Maki is suspicious now. But Ayu just smiles shyly at her.
"You're not going to stalk him again, are you?"
"Maki, you're voice is too loud"
"Aren't you going a bit too far?" Maki said
"I'm not the only one doing this, other girls have done worse you know? I heard that some girls try to break into Nishikido-kun's room" Ayu said.
"and you're going to copy them?"
"Mou~ Maki not like that. I just wanted to see him" Ayu said, pouting
"you always see him everyday, isn't that enough?"
"Tegoshi's absent today, that's why I'm going to see if he's okay" Ayu said, then started to leave
Maki quickly drop her things inside her room and follows Ayu outside. She grabs her arms.
"what if they see you? aren't you afraid?" Maki said
"No, I'm not" Ayu said bravely
This girl is so reckless, Maki thinks.
"what are you doing here?" Ayu asks
"I'm going with you"
Ayu grins widely "Eh~ you're really a true friend ne~ Maki"
Maki sighs, the things she'd do for friendship. The least thing she can do is to make sure that this girl is safe and that no one will find them.

~~~~~~~~

They were walking across the schoolyard towards the boy's dormitory. It was slightly bright tonight. She looks up, the moon is up, round and big. Maki loves the moon, the soft light it brings. Not like the sun, harsh and hot.
Soon they reach the boy's dormitory, some of the lights in the building are still on. Maki is starting to feel nervous now, what if someone sees them? the shool official? or worst, one of those boys, Yamapi? Tegoshi or Ryo? Maki is much afraid of them than the school officials. Since she's not yet sure who they are.
Maki heard thoughts that are not Ayu's. She signal Ayu to stop moving. She listens. They heard Yui's voice. They walk silently and they found Yui talking to a boy. She notice that they are so sweet together.
Ayu smirks. "told you, I'm not the only one."
Maki thinks that her gift is useful in this. She'll know if someone is near them.
They creep slowly towards the back of the building.
"Mou~ the lights are off. Maybe he's asleep?" Ayu said.
"where?"
Ayu pointed to a window on the second floor. The lights are off.
"That's Tegoshi's room."
"how did you know? you mean, this is not the first time you did this?" Maki said
Ayu didn't answer her. She just climb the nearest tree.
"what are you doing?" Maki hissed
"looking" Ayu said simply
Maki followed her, just because, but she stayed in the lower branches. Ayu climbs higher and look at the window.
Maki heard her thinking 'mou~ the curtains are closed too.'
She saw her peeking at the other window, besides Tegoshi's
Ayu giggles. "Maki look here" she whispered and then lowers herself so that Maki can move upward
Maki curiously look at the window. The light is on and the curtains are apart, she can clearly see inside. She notice a man standing inside. Its Yamapi
Trust Ayu in this, Maki thinks. She always find ways to .
She's about to go down, when Yamapi did something that caught her attention.
He's taking his shirt off. Revealing broad chest and well formed abs. Maki stares, truthfully, she can't help it.
"Uwah!" Ayu suddenly said, shocking Maki so much that she almost fell off the tree.
"Baka! baka!" Maki hit her in the head.
"Mou~ Maki!" Ayu pouts, rubbing the spot where she hit her.
They both stare at Yamapi's window. He's already taken his belt off. He's about to pull his pants down-
She pulled Ayu down. They got off the tree.
"Mou~ Maki nande dayo? we almost see the good part!"
"Baka!" she hit her again. "we're here too see Tegoshi right?" she reminded her
"Mou~ but that was good too" she hit her again. Just because
"who's there?" someone said
They both jumped. They heard footsteps, Maki is hearing the thoughts of that person.
They both run. They went to the nearest building. Ayu drags her inside through the side door.
"why here?" Maki said, trying to catch her breath
"Shhhhh!"
But they still hear the footsteps following them. They quickly run inside, turning to different corridors. Maki in the lead. She doesn't know what this building is or where they are heading. She just runs.
"Ayu, where are we going?" she said but no one replies to her
"Ayu!" she turns around. Ayu's gone.
Maki strains her hearing. She can't hear any sound, not even Ayu's thoughts. She looks at her surroundings, she doesn't really know this place and she doesn't remember how to get back. She is lost

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maki is walking for along time now. She walks near the windows, may be she can find the exit here. She doesn't know the time now, maybe midnight, she doesn't have her watch. She sighs as she looks outside the window. The clouds are covering the moon. She feels gloomy, her feelings dampen. Here she is, lost in an unknown place not even the light of the moon can guide her.
Then she saw something outside the window.
A blue light of sort and a man was holding it. It was Nishikido-kun. Koyama is there too watching him, laughing.
Ryo toss the blue light in the air, playing with it. They were talking or something. Maki can't hear it but she can see their mouths move.
Maki strains her sight, and what she saw is not just a blue light.
It was a blue flame and Nishikido-kun is holding it in his bare hands.
The hairs at the back of her neck stands up. What the heck is that? Maki thinks.

Then suddenly it lightens. The clouds reveal the moon. Then she saw it.
The moment when the moonlight shines on them, she saw their true form.
Nothing change much, except for the pair of wings on their backs.
8 feet long and shimmering in the moonlight.
Koyama's wings is light blue while Ryo's is black.
She rubs her eyes, maybe it was only her imagination.
But its still there, big and looking strong. She can see it under the moonlight.
She can't take it anymore. Heart thundering with fear, she runs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maki wants to get out of here fast, but she can't still find the exit. She doesn't know what this building is. The scene that she had seen still haunts her. What is that?
What if they find her? what are they going to do with her? She shudders.
What are they? surely they are not human. Its impossible, a person having wings? But then she thinks about her ability to hear someone else thoughts, which is impossible too given by normal standards.

Just then she saw Ayu outside through the window, she's with Yui. She walks hurriedly, trying to find a way to get out of here or something to caught Ayu's attention. But then she saw a silhouette of someone standing beside the next window. His back to her and he's staring straight at Ayu. She stops short, she can't hear any thoughts coming from him. Maki doesn't know what to do. She wanted to go to Ayu but if she will then this man will see her. She moves backward, but because its dark and she's really nervous, she trips. She fell on the floor. The noise that she makes caught the attention of the man. He started to walk towards her. She felt the overwhelming urge to run. But then the moonlight caught his face, its Tegoshi.
"Maki?" he said. Maki doesn't know if she would feel scared or relieved.
"Are you okay?" he said. He stretch out his hand. Maki takes it to stand up.
"Are you okay?" he said again. This time he touch her cheeks with his other hand.
She's about to say something when there's a series of images flash in her mind.

Ayu.......... Ayu laughing..................... Ayu crying in the corner................... a broken amulet................ an overturned car.............a hooded man.......... a silver wing covered in blood................... a man shouting.............. blood on snow, lots and lots of blood, flowing like a river............

She screams. She tried to move away from him but she trips again. This time she managed to drag Tegoshi with her. They both fall down on the floor. Tegoshi on top of her.

"what's going on here?!" Yamapi said, running towards them.
he stops short when he sees her and Tegoshi, and the position they're in. His face darkens.
He roughly pulled her away from Tegoshi. Yamapi held her close. The images stops on coming now that she's away from Tegoshi.
"what are you doing?" he said angrily to Tegoshi.
Tegoshi raised his eyebrows at his reaction. "I'm not doing anything wrong. Why don't you ask her"
Yamapi growls. Tegoshi just smirks. "what? I'm innocent here."
Maki can feel Yamapi's anger. She quickly intervenes. "I tripped and I crashed into him that's why we both fell down."
Yamapi looks at her, sizing if she's telling the truth or not. "what are you doing here?" he said in a milder tone.
She tried to make an excuse. "uhm, I made my assignments here and I fell asleep." she said lamely
"here? in the music building?"
She nods "It's much more peaceful here."
"And you just woke up?" Yamapi said
She nods again
"Then why do you scream earlier?"
"because I tripped." she lied. She looks at Tegoshi, begging him not to say anything. Tegoshi looks up at her innocently, a smile playing on his lips.
"Its late already, I think you should go to your dorm now." Yamapi said
"I think I'm lost, I don't know where the exit is."
"here" tegoshi said and he leads her to a door in the far end of the corridor.
"goodnight" Yamapi calls out to her
"Goodnight"
Tegoshi opens the door for her. As she passed him, he whispered "I'll keep my silence if you will not bring Ayu here again."
Maki turns to him. He knows.

Maki hurriedly leaves, never looking back. She easily spotted Ayu in the bushes, far away from the building.
"hey! where have you been? we were searching for you" Ayu said, she's with Yui.
"I got lost"
"Eh~ gomen ne Maki. And oh, the one who is following us? Its only Yui ne~" Ayu said
"I never thought that you guys went here too." Yui said, smirking at them.
"Ne~ lets go back to our dorm" she said, she wanted to go away from here fast. This place is dangerous.
"Eh? but I haven't seen Tegoshi yet" Ayu said pouting.
If only Ayu knew that Tegoshi's watching her, Maki thinks.She pushed the two girls back to their dorm.
"Its already late and we still have classes tomorrow."

Maki looks up at the moon again as they walk. The things that she saw still haunts her. The blue flame, the wings, the images, she's still bewildered by it all.
The images that she saw when she's with Tegoshi, it must be his memories. But what is Ayu got to do with it, with him? She knows Ayu doesn't know it. She remembers the picture that she saw, the picture of him and Ayu. And the blue flame and the wings, what the hell are they?
She wanted to find out, all of it. About them, Tegoshi, Yamapi, all of them. Even if its dangerous, she'll find a way to find out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Do you thinks she saw something?" Yamapi ask as Tegoshi closes the door.
"hmmm? yeah, I think so, I think she saw you being angry for no apparent reason." Tegoshi said, smirking
Yamapi looks at him darkly "Tegoshi"
Tegoshi laughs. "You're funny earlier, getting jealous over nothing."
Yamapi only stares at him darkly. "By the way, what are you doing there earlier?"
"nothing" he lied. The truth is he's looking at Ayu. She went here again tonight.
"do you think she saw something?" Yamapi repeats again "you know, its full moon tonight"
"I don't think so" Tegoshi said seriously now. "If she saw something then she would freak out, but she didn't"
Yamapi let out the breath he's holding.

Or is she? Tegoshi thinks. He remembers her expression earlier, her reaction when he touch her. He doesn't know what happened to her but he feels something when he touched her. Of course, he would feel something. They're twins, they are connected by birth.

He doesn't know what his mother did to her. And they were separated by so many years. All he knows is that when he finally finds her, she becomes a human, living with an unknown woman whom she calls her aunt. She doesn't remember him or anything that happened to them, to their family.
Tegoshi would have let her live there, her life is normal and away from the enemies, away from the people who kills their parents. But then he learned that he is cursed and so is she. So he needs to bring her here.

And Yamapi is already falling for her, would he let it or not?
Yamapi is his friend and he would be really happy if Maki falls for him too.
But the life that they have.......... the things that happened to him and Ayu..... the things that happened to their parents. He didn't want Maki to suffer that too. He almost lost her once, when she took the blow that was meant for him. If its not only for their mother saving her.......
He didn't want that to happen again.

Tegoshi doesn't know if he's doing the right thing or not.

-----------------------------------------------------
end of chapter 11..
to those who comments, thank you so much
i put on the wings part... its just came to me when im doing the laundry and thinking about this fic.. gomen

maybe next time, i'll be late on posting the next chapters.. i'm kinda busy and my cousin is hogging the laptop..
but still to those who read and comments... thank you so much
and

HAPPY BIRTHDAY YAMAPI!!!!!! yey!!!