Deception

Gifts
“So you’re alive” Tegoshi said
Erika Sawajiri smiled, her silver eyes twinkling back at him.

She took a step backward before spinning around and raced to the gate, her black hair flying out behind her.
Tegoshi hesitated for a moment and then he took off after her.
He followed her outside the school, through the main road and into the forest.
He is confused on why they still have to go this far. They thrashed among the trees, Tegoshi tripping on roots, vines and wild shrubs.
He watched her back wove among the trees. He can’t shake this feeling that something is wrong.
He halted, suspicion taking over him. Erika stopped too and spun around to face him.

“What’s wrong?” she said in a deceptively calm voice. “We’re not there yet.”

“Who are you?” Tegoshi said, using the same tone that she used.

He saw a glint in her eyes and that’s the time that he’s sure that this is all wrong, definitely wrong. This girl is not the childhood friend that he knows, this is not Erika.

“Isn’t sweet that you spend your last happy moment with your lover? I mean ex-lover?” she said in a very silky voice.

Before his very eyes, he saw her slowly fades away as if she’s turning invincible until he saw her no more. Then everything turns black, blinding him. He doesn’t know if it’s his eyes that can’t see or if it’s his surrounding that turns black but what he knows is that all of this is just an illusion. He encountered this before.

“Sh*t!” he said

Somebody laugh. It’s a very familiar laugh. The laugh of the person he hated the most.

He felt a presence behind him and he moved aside to dodge his attacker. Something grazes his right cheek followed by a burning white hot pain. He touched his cheek. He felt a hot sticky liquid on it.
Then something pierced at his side followed by a slice at his back and then at his left arm.

He cursed again. Based on what’s happening, his attacker wanted to play with him. She has no plans to kill him, well not yet.

He can’t use his gift in the dark. He can’t make any spells for doing that will surely kill him with the current weakened state that he’s in. But he doesn’t want to die like this either. He do the only thing he can do right now, he bared his wings.

His silver white wings illuminate his surroundings and for a moment he sees a very beautiful girl with flowing black hair standing just a few meters away from him holding a bloody knife.

Her eyes were wide. Her face is full of shock and disbelief at seeing his wings.

He rose to the air, blood flowing freely from his wounds.

Aoi tried to swipe him again with her knife but evaded it and then he flew out of there, away from the clutches of her powers.

Tegoshi plans to go back to school, to where Yamapi is. Below him Aoi runs, trying to follow him.

“!” he said. He knows and she knows it too that he can’t fly that much any longer. He is slowly weakening from the large amount of blood that’s flowing from his wounds.

He swerved to the main road, not caring if someone sees him bleeding…. and flying.
Well someone did, a girl with thick rimmed glasses was walking at the sidewalk, she stopped on her tracks and her eyes went wide when she saw his wings.

Tegoshi recognized her and he flew straight at her. He landed clumsily at her side, he nearly fell to the ground but she caught him just in time.

“Nao-chan, tasukete (help me)” he said in a very small voice. He gripped her shoulders to stop himself from falling.

Naomi looked behind him and saw Aoi running towards them.
She looks so small and weak but the force that she sent in Aoi’s way belies her appearance.
Aoi stumbled backward and fell to the ground, unmoving.
Not yet satisfied, Naomi raised her hand again and a massive block of ice rose out of the ground, completely blocking the whole street.

“Wow,” Tegoshi said in spite of himself.

“I meant to freeze her over, not this.” Naomi said, biting her lips.

“Let’s go before she wakes up” he said

Naomi hoisted him up in her shoulder. “Where are we going?”

“To the school please,” He feels dizzy now.
“I know she’s an enemy but who is she anyway? Do you know her name?” Naomi asked him.

Tegoshi didn’t answer her. His surrounding is slowly fading away. He just let her drags him away from here.
Naomi looked at his bloody face, his pale lips and almost close eyes. She grits her teeth as she walks faster. They must reach Yamaa-kun right away.
Tegoshi’s last thoughts are how Aoi knew about Erika and how much she knew about him, about his secrets.
And where is Erika? What happened to her?

Maki is in grave danger.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Are you really sure that we made the right decision Pi?” Ryo said. He is sitting on the floor in Yamapi’s room while Yamapi is lying on his bed. It’s already past midnight but Ryo can’t sleep so he barged the peace in Yamapi’s room.

Yamapi remained silent. Ryo watched him carefully, his eyes is staring blankly at the ceiling. Obviously his mind was not here and had wandered elsewhere.

Ryo kicked the bed and Yamapi jumped from the shock.

“What?” Yamapi said, clearly irritated at him.

“I’m talking to you.”

“What did you say?”

Ryo sighs. “I said that are you really sure that we made the right decision by staying here.”

Yamapi stands up and walks towards the window, his face is serious.

“I’m tired of running away Ryo” Yamapi said as he looked outside the window.

“Tired of running away? Or you just don’t want to leave Maki?”

“Well that’s one of the reasons, yes” Yamapi admitted.

“She’s kind of mysterious and all but she’s not that bad and we can use her gift too.” Ryo said. “What’s wrong Pi? You’re not yourself today.”

“It’s nothing, it’s just that…………….” Yamapi trails off, afraid to voice out his concern.

“What? You know you can tell me everything right?” Ryo said, a little bit concerned for his friend.

“Its just earlier, I had this feeling that……………. that I want to throw Tegoshi to the sea or anywhere far from here and leave him there alone.” Yamapi finished the last of his sentence very quickly.

“Why?” Ryo said though a smile was already playing on his lips, somehow he can guess why.

“I saw him earlier with Maki.” Yamapi said in a rush.

Ryo laughs. “Jealous, are we?”

“I was shocked with myself. I don’t know that I can think such thoughts about him.”

“I heard that when a moonchild fell in love they tend to become overly possessive to the person that they love. Remember how Tegoshi used to be when he’s still going out with Ayu? Remember how he looked at me every time I got close to her?” Ryo said

Yamapi smiled, remembering the old times.

“What did he do?” Ryo asked, not even bothering to wipe off the amused grin on his face.

“Who? Tegoshi? If anything he gets closer to her.”

“That brat, he’s playing with you” Ryo said, laughing.

Yamapi smiled as he realized what happened. Yeah, Tegoshi always loves to play pranks on them.

His amusement is immediately gone when he sees Jin outside the window. He is waving frantically at him.

“It’s emergency” Yamapi said to Ryo as he hurriedly opened the window and jumped 2 floors down to the ground. He landed neatly on his feet, Ryo followed him.

“Here,” Jin said his face grim as he ran towards the school gate.

They followed him and as they neared the gate they found Kame there, kneeling to something that’s on the ground.
They abruptly stop when they finally saw what Kame’s kneeling to.

A girl was lying face down on the ground. Her body was covered with bruises and deep slashes. Her silver dress was stained with dry blood.

Yamapi quickly kneels over to her side and touches the side of her neck. He can feel a faint pulse but that’s not the one that really gets him.

“She’s a moonchild!” he said to the others.

He turned her over and was shocked when he clearly saw her face.

“Oh !” Ryo said from his side.

It’s Erika. Erika Sawajiri

_____________________________________

A/N: I've been away from the internet for almost 2 weeks.. so pls pardon my late update... sometimes real life ne~

some notes.. i made a big change in the story... the erika in the classroom is not the real erika ne~ its aoi... her power is illusion by the way... ^_^

and about naomi.... well someone in lj made a oneshot from this fic.... and i really love it... naomi is in there and i love her so much that i asked the author if i can put her in the original story and she said yes... so naomi is here.. ^_^ if you want the oneshot just tell me and and i'm gonna put that under one of the fillers.. so yeah..

and yeah on different note.. somehow im suffering a depression-thingie right now.. i don't know what is it coz there's nothing to be depressed about... its just that within those 2 weeks.. i feel like abandoning this fic and 'stained hearts'.. i just don't like how things turning out to be.. and decided to make another fic.. with different story but with the same elements.. i already wrote 2 chapters.. *face palm*..
so i just wanted to know your opinion guys... do you still like this story or what?.. silent readers pls comment too..

pls convince me~ sorry for this but i really dont know what to do..